Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

John Lynch Eligible For Hall of Fame in 2013

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...xt-year/12082/

INDIANAPOLIS — Has it really been five years since John Lynch played?

The former Broncos safety and nine-time Pro Bowler will be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013.

So will Rod Smith, the Broncos’ all-time leading receiver in the three major categories, but it does seem like he’s been away awhile because he missed his entire final season of 2007 with a hip injury.

Lynch, Smith and Terrell Davis should at least make the cut to the final 25 modern-era candidates next year. I think all three should get to the final 15, too, but no promises. Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenburg and Davis made the final 25 this year.
    I miss John Lynch in the blue and orange so badly

My favorite professional athlete of all-time. I hope he eventually gets into the Hall of Fame.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Wonder if Lynch would go in as a Bronco or a Buc.

I remember reading something about Smith that compared his stats to Jerry Rice...like they were the only two receivers to have x many this, y many that and z many whatever.

The problem is, with other great receivers being kept out, I'm afraid it'll take Rod a long time to get in.

Also, I love Lynch, but I just don't see it. He will be remembered for a very long time though for his awesome hits.
    Eating greedy

Oh, and TD should definitely get in eventually...
    Eating greedy

yeah lynch is a HOFer for sure

Lynch definitely deserves to get in! Just not sure if being apart of an elite D will help him or hurt him. He probably won't get in on the first ballot though. Lynch, Barber, Brooks, and Sapp all deserve to get enshrined in the end.

Holy crap, I'm getting old

Quote Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
    With the NFL HoF you don't go in with any team you go in as all of em really. If they did choose a team he would go in as a Buc that's what everyone remembers him by.

I dont think that Lynch is a HOFer.....It is tough for a safety....Especially when he was the third best player on that D......I think for him to get in it is going to be a LOOONG wait....But then again Cortez Kennedy IMO isn't a HOFer on any planet.......So who knows
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

I still can't believe curtis martin got in before TD.

Not like baseball with them in hats. It would be as a Buc if it was. Won a SuperBowl there and was in his prime in Tampa. Was still really good in Denver though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I still can't believe curtis martin got in before TD.
    i second that

NFL players don't go in with a specific franchise like baseball... however, he will definitely be remembered as a Buc. Had his best years there, won a SB, was part of legndary defenses, made All-Pro and Pro Bowls. He was a solid player with Denver, but it was kinda like a victory lap... similar to Montana on the Chiefs.

That said, he's not getting in on the first ballot, and in general he's a borderline candidate.. Next year is stacked, especially with Parcells not getting in. Parcells, Larry Allen, Warren Sapp are all sure things next year, Chris Carter really should be in by now, Strahan is another sure thing, Jonathan Ogden is ahead of Lynch in my eyes, Tim Brown's name should ring out for any Broncos fan that spent 2 Sundays a year scared to death of him, and Jerome Bettis will have a groundswell of support (even though he does NOT deserve to get in. Throw in Will Shields and Charles Haley, and several others... Lynch has his work cut out.

So does TD for that matter, as his stock seems to be slipping with voters.
    Last edited by Bradshaw3001; 02-06-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks, guys. Guess what I was thinking about was the players who sign a one-day contract with a previous team... but that's to retire as a member of a certain team, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    Holy crap, I'm getting old
    Here Here! He's getting in for sure with his 9 Pro Bowls and A SB RING. Plus he was the most feared hitter I've EVER SEEN. THANK GOD, WE'LL GET ANOTHER BRONCO IN. I ALSO CAN'T BELIEVE that his time is ALMOST HERE

BTW I'd put Rod Smith in over TD
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!