Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Overrated.
    haha ok... he suceeded in playing alongside champ in his first 2 years thats not an accomplishment...
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

I remember not liking DWill when he played opposite Champ... But you don't realize how good you got until its gone. For anybody to say that we are better off without him or that he was a bad player is crazy. Not a single corner has been able to survive Champ's shadow since he came here. And add in the fact that we didn't exactly have a strong or consistent pass rush.

Rip DWill.

i dont understand all this "overrated" and what not, and of course people on this board wanted him gone after the San Fran game. It was a devastating loss and this board is without a doubt the worst for post game decision making. To say this place is fueled by emotion would a drastic understatement. And if people want to point to DWill in the SF game, shame on them for being completely ignorant and not crediting the losses of Sam Brandon, Nick Ferguson, and Al Wilson for that loss.

DWill was YOUNG and learning the position. He played absolutely outstanding in 2005, you rarely heard his name unless he was pick 6ing the Raiders, or returning a punt for us.

In 06 he was playing lights out until the San Diego game when he got matched up on VJax (looking back at it, thats a ridiculously hard matchup to contain for anyone, let alone a second year corner who is what, 7, 8 inches shorter then him?)

People forget his pick against McNair on Monday Night which was a beautiful piece of work, or his ability to remain relatively unknown despite playing opposite of Champ in what was without a doubt the best 2 year span of Champs career (coincidence?).
    Last edited by HatianRubble; 02-21-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatianRubble View Post
    i dont understand all this "overrated" and what not, and of course people on this board wanted him gone after the San Fran game. It was a devastating loss and this board is without a doubt the worst for post game decision making. To say this place is fueled by emotion would a drastic understatement. And if people want to point to DWill in the SF game, shame on them for being completely ignorant and not crediting the losses of Sam Brandon, Nick Ferguson, and Al Wilson for that loss.

DWill was YOUNG and learning the position. He played absolutely outstanding in 2005, you rarely heard his name unless he was pick 6ing the Raiders, or returning a punt for us.

In 06 he was playing lights out until the San Diego game when he got matched up on VJax (looking back at it, thats a ridiculously hard matchup to contain for anyone, let alone a second year corner who is what, 7, 8 inches shorter then him?)

People forget his pick against McNair on Monday Night which was a beautiful piece of work, or his ability to remain relatively unknown despite playing opposite of Champ in what was without a doubt the best 2 year span of Champs career (coincidence?).
    Im not fueled by emotion.

D will had tallent but his size killed him in man coverage. One pick six does not make a career because if it did, goodmans the man for the jets game. Who knows what could have been but the fact remains he was over rated after his death.

He did very well having to play opposite of champ. We had zero pass rush during those years as well. He was rated the best rookie corner after his first season. Calling him overrated is pretty harsh. At the height that he played, you just can't lock down every receiver. QBs will test you often. Throw in our pass rush-less d line, and you can pretty much play throw and catch on anyone not named champ.

I remember him getting beat, but also remember him making MANY plays. He also brought character to our team and made you wanna root for him. Small player who played with a big heart. Overrated? Try Deltha O'Neal

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Forgive me and Im sorry but D-Will was getting beat like a 80 year old at a old folks home his last year....
    There is noway to say for sure if he would have been Top 15 let alone 5... Rip D-Will but ima keep it real, not real dumb...
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, it was a real tragedy what happened to a great young man/player but let's not make it out like he was going to be the next great corner in the NFL. He was a nickle playing outside and got beat alot. He made a big play here and there but so does Andre Goodman, that doesn't make Goodman a great corner though. Chances are we wouldn't have re-signed DWill, we traded Foxworth because he wanted a new deal and Foxworth was the better (not more explosive though) corner in terms of solid play.

R.I.P. Williams

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!