0 0%
  • Gallo

8 44.44%
  • Miller

0 0%
  • Miller

1 5.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I don't have the official number for his entire career, but Derek Fisher made 8 game winning shots from 03-09, which was good for 10th in the NBA

Definition of game winning shot

24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.
    Oh... guess who lead the NBA in game winning shots through that time?

MY MAN LEBRON JAMES

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I don't have the official number for his entire career, but Derek Fisher made 8 game winning shots from 03-09, which was good for 10th in the NBA

Definition of game winning shot

Oh... guess who lead the NBA in game winning shots through that time?

MY MAN LEBRON JAMES

Link
    You may excuse yourself.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    You may excuse yourself.

Don't hate. Stats say LeBron made 17 game winning shots from 03-09. All this blah blah blah he isn't clutch stuff is garbage, but that's for another discussion.

Anyways, career stats have nothing to do with how good a player is right now. Why does what Afflalo did in Detroit several years ago have anything to do with his ability to make a game winning shot right now?

Don't hate. Stats say LeBron made 17 game winning shots from 03-09.

Anyways, career stats have nothing to do with how good a player is right now. Why does what Afflalo did in Detroit several years ago have anything to do with his ability to make a game winning shot right now?
    To LBJ and you

On to the AAA bit...Exactly. I've made that argument to KSL in a thread before and he just twists it. He will only use that if it helps his argument.

AAA had 0 chances in Detroit. He was there for a while, it greatly skews his career stats. Last year was the first year he really was given a big chance and started.

Don't hate. Stats say LeBron made 17 game winning shots from 03-09. All this blah blah blah he isn't clutch stuff is garbage, but that's for another discussion.

LeBron isn't clutch. I'm sorry, but watching him with Miami, He passes up a game winner to pass to...... UDONIS HASLEM?????

LeBron does not have the killer instinct.

Kobe >>>>>>>>> Lebron and it will always be that way.

But this is not a LeBron thread so if we want to debate this lets take it elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    LeBron isn't clutch. I'm sorry, but watching him with Miami, He passes up a game winner to pass to...... UDONIS HASLEM?????

LeBron does not have the killer instinct.

Kobe >>>>>>>>> Lebron and it will always be that way.

But this is not a LeBron thread so if we want to debate this lets take it elsewhere
    It's better to make the right basketball play than jack up a shot when you're doubled just because you need to 'have a killer instinct'. I'm sure you'd rather have Afflalo pass out of a double to an open man with the game on the line than force a shot in order to keep up some sort of reputation as a closer.

Asking who should take a final shot and who should have the ball in the closing seconds are two different things. For example on the Nuggets I'd probably prefer Afflalo to take the final shot, but if I want the ball in someones hands with 10 seconds left I'd probably prefer to give it to Lawson because he can create his own shot and pass better than Afflalo. Clutch doesn't always have to be measured by your ability to bury a shot to win the game, it's a measure of your ability to make a winning play under pressure.

If you just look at percentages from that link, from 03-09, take three players. Melo is 13/27 (48%) with 1 game winning assist and 4 TO's, LeBron is 17/50 (34%) with 6 game winning assists and 4 TO's, and Kobe is 14/56 (25%) with 1 game winning assist and 5 turnovers.

You want to go with percentages, Melo dominates it. It's not about the number of times you make the shot (LeBron), the willingness to take the shot (Kobe), but who more often than not makes a game winning play. The Nuggets don't have a 'Melo' player on the team right now, so I think the question should be more phrased along the lines of 'who should have the ball on the final possession to get one of these guys the ball'.
    Last edited by Hoserman117; 03-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.

It's better to make the right basketball play than jack up a shot when you're doubled just because you need to 'have a killer instinct'. I'm sure you'd rather have Afflalo pass out of a double to an open man with the game on the line than force a shot in order to keep up some sort of reputation as a closer.

Asking who should take a final shot and who should have the ball in the closing seconds are two different things. For example on the Nuggets I'd probably prefer Afflalo to take the final shot, but if I want the ball in someones hands with 10 seconds left I'd probably prefer to give it to Lawson because he can create his own shot and pass better than Afflalo. Clutch doesn't always have to be measured by your ability to bury a shot to win the game, it's a measure of your ability to make a winning play under pressure.

If you just look at percentages from that link, from 03-09, take three players. Melo is 13/27 (48%) with 1 game winning assist and 4 TO's, LeBron is 17/50 (34%) with 6 game winning assists and 4 TO's, and Kobe is 14/56 (25%) with 1 game winning assist and 5 turnovers.

You want to go with percentages, Melo dominates it. It's not about the number of times you make the shot (LeBron), the willingness to take the shot (Kobe), but who more often than not makes a game winning play. The Nuggets don't have a 'Melo' player on the team right now, so I think the question should be more phrased along the lines of 'who should have the ball on the final possession to get one of these guys the ball'.

LeBron has displayed time and time again that he doesn't want the ball at the end of games.... Game winning play? To Udonis Haslem? Haslem is a good player, but he shouldn't be taking the last shot. If he passed to Wade or Bosh then I could understand.

I know you love LeBron but he is NOT clutch, all you have to do is watch him blow FTs at the end of games and pass up the final shot.

Not to mention the greatest disappearing act in NBA history last year in the finals cost his team a championship.

As for the Nuggets, I agree, no body has proved they can consistently be that guy. I think AAA, Gallo and Lawson could grow into that though.

Back to the topic, I personally want the order to be

Ty > AAA > Gallo

Ty proved this last night and the night before. His ability to drive to the basket and a sick pull up jumper is perfect for an isolation, last shot of the game type of play. Make defenders respect your speed and back off, it gives you space for the jumper. Don't respect it, blow right past them.

If you are looking at a contested jumper tho, I'd probably go with Afflalo.
    Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Really?

You don't know much about basketball then....

AAA has been fantastic the last few weeks. He won us the game tonight.
    I would say Ty Lawson won the game. I would also and still would say Lawson every night takes the last shot. Has everyone seen the last two games, or was I watching somone else?

Also why is Miller even TAKING shots??? Period. All he can do is dish assists. He should be point gaurd ONLY when he is in there!~
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    I would say Ty Lawson won the game. I would also and still would say Lawson every night takes the last shot. Has everyone seen the last two games, or was I watching somone else?

Also why is Miller even TAKING shots??? Period. All he can do is dish assists. He should be point gaurd ONLY when he is in there!~
    I don't know about that.

Ty hit the game winner and had a double double....but AAA had 32 points, compared to Lawson's 16.

AAA scored 8 straight to end the 2nd quarter and tie it. He scored 8 straight to end the 4th quarter to tie it. Not to mention hitting a 3 with 8 seconds left....and 3 free throws with .6 left.

AAA was the player of the game and won us that game.

as long as i get tacos, i dont care who takes the shot

Gallo or Lawson. With Gallo's injury I'd lean towards Lawson unless Gallo had some momentum working for him in said game.

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    as long as i get tacos, i dont care who takes the shot
    You had TACOS???
    oh YEAH?