View Poll Results: Should EFX pursue Peyton Manning?

Voters
625. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

424 67.84%
  • No

201 32.16%
Page 1110 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 110 610 1010 1060 1100 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1120 1160 1210 ... LastLast
Results 16,636 to 16,650 of 21182
    I have to question whether or not Peyton Manning would even want to play with a headcase like Randy Moss. I mean, when he was an insanely talented headcase it was one thing, but he didn't play last year, and had 28 catches the year before for three teams. His time spent on two of those teams was an absolute disaster.

Then again, he did seem to get along well with Tom Brady, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    This thread has over HALF A MILLION views!!!!

521 THOUSAND!!

wow
    Get about 4x more and it will be the most viewed thread on this forum! C'mon guys!

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Picture Peyton Manning, only in his underwear, with a brush for a microphone, dancing around, in the background, blasting away.....

steve young interviews right now make me vomit

Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer

Here's how the Broncos/Manning day went in Durham, per the stakeout of the student reporters @chroniclesports: http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/201...ncos-timeline/
    Last edited by yaz96; 03-16-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Some fun facts about this thread:

This thread has more pages than the bible.

It is 400 more pages than the final Harry Potter book

By tomorrow night this thread will likely be more pages than War and Peace

The first post is dated 3/6/12, that means this thread has grown by 100 pages per day, 1,500 posts per day, and 63 posts per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

The first post is dated 3/6/12, that means this thread has grown by 100 pages per day, 1,500 posts per day, and 63 posts per hour.
    thats AWESOME lol

legendary

I am proud to be a part of such an epic thread.

No I'm not, just end this thing Peyton!!

Actually I'm surprised it doesn't have more than 63 posts an hour lol

Manning and the Broncos timeline

by Andrew Beaton on March 16, 2012 0 comments

As has been widely reported, free agent quarterback Peyton Manning met with Denver Broncos brass this afternoon at Duke’s football facilities.

Manning has regularly worked out and rehabbed at Duke since his neck surgery, working with Blue Devil head football coach David Cutcliffe who was Manning’s offensive coordinator and quarterback coach at Tennessee.

Those meeting with Manning today included Bronco executives John Elway and head coach John Fox.

Chronicle reporters staked out the practice facilities this afternoon, tweeting updates from the account @ChronicleSports. At 4:01 p.m. we wrote on the account, “Elway, Fox, Manning and Co are leaving now. Manning did not throw a pass today. Odd development.”

Only minutes later, at 4:34 p.m., Elway tweeted on his account @johnelway, “We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C. He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there.”

Since then, Cutcliffe has appeared on ESPN’s NFL32 saying Manning threw about 60 balls today after throwing around 95 yesterday. Cutcliffe said he has been monitoring Manning’s progress closely, saying he has kept him on a “pitch count” and agreed with Elway’s tweet about how well Manning is throwing the ball.

Although the Chronicle regrets erroneously tweeting that Manning did not throw a pass, below is the Chronicle’s official timeline of today’s events. We originally had believed that he did not work out because of the way the timeline unfolded, given the short period of time he was at the actual workout facility with Fox and Elway. According to our account of today’s events, that was only about 16 minutes–from 1:49 p.m. to 2:05 p.m.

All times are approximate, give or take a few minutes on either end, according to our three reporters on the scene.

1:15 p.m.: Private plane carrying Fox and Elway arrives at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

1:25 p.m.: Cutcliffe and two athletes arrive at the practice facility. The players appeared to be Cooper Helfet and Austin Kelly. Helfet, a tight end, was a senior on this year’s Duke team while Kelly was a senior wide receiver on last year’s squad.

1:49 p.m.: A white van and Cadillac Escalade entered the facilities. This caravan marked the arrival of Fox, Elway and the Broncos brass.

2:05 p.m.: Manning and others moved from the indoor practice facility to another building across the practice field in which he continued to meet with members of the Broncos. Inside this building, however, there is not a practice field and Manning was not with the receivers.

2:14 p.m.: The players believed to be Helfet and Kelly gathered around at the outdoor practice field. They had been in the adjacent indoor practice field, presumably with Manning.

2:22 p.m.: Cutcliffe drives out of the practice facility, driving three others, none of whom were Manning.

4:00 p.m.: The white van leaves the practice facility, presumably with Manning, Fox and Elway.

4:34 p.m.: Elway tweets about Manning throwing.

6:20 p.m.: Cutcliffe appears on NFL32 discussing Manning’s progress and the workout.

According to all the parties involved–Cutcliffe and Elway–Manning threw today, refuting our earlier tweet. Our instincts, however, stemmed from the fact that there was a small window of time in which all of Manning, Cutcliffe, the receivers and the Broncos brass were inside the practice facility together.

It is possible the Bronco staff did not observe his entire workout and not all 60 throws. But anything that did occur in terms of Manning performing in front of them was brief in time based on a knowledge of where they were and when.

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer

Here's how the Broncos/Manning day went in Durham, per the stakeout of the student reporters @chroniclesports: http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/201...ncos-timeline/
    Maybe EFX got to watch Manning throw to Stokley when he was in Denver and they just went to watch him work out and get a physical /talk money?

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

No Elway, back out and continue down the road u had us on. This is too much money and has ACME TNT written all over it. And Manning will be standing there going "beep beep"

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Nice stat and thanks for sharing.

This thread has more posts than every thread but 2 now on this site.

The Rockies thread ( which is now closed and has 22,000 posts)

And the Cafe thread which has over 100,000 posts. I typed in Broncos in the search bar though and sorted with threads over 16000 posts. Cause I assume any thread with over that many posts would include the word Broncos in it

Quote Originally Posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
    me too, but I'll be glad when it's over......

I'm out til later tonight......you got my number call me with breaking news!!!