View Poll Results: Tebow to Ne for Mallet?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! Mallet has the skillset Elway would look for in a young QB.

19 57.58%
  • No way! Mallet is a bum.

10 30.30%
  • I still don't think Tebow will be traded....

4 12.12%
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Peyton has won 1 SB in 16 seasons and had one hell of a cast around him. Now he is going to win another with less talent? Please wake up. Peyton won't win another SB no matter what team he is with.
    Broncos fan since Elway. Gator since birth.

He's going to Pittsburgh.

Look, I love manning as the starter. Tebow is a winner, and ill be very upset if the broncos trade/release him. Hes a great change of pace. Please retain him. Jus saying.

kapernick is still there future. and i cant see alex smith walking away from that situation. he wont be able to game manage the dolphins like he did the niners.

Tebow's fan base is the reason Tim wil not be here next year. Manning will not play on a team where Tebow's fan base is breathing down his neck after every mistake. Orton had to take it, Manning does not. They will trade him for a 3rd rounder or a defeensive player of some sort..

Green Bay is in need of a backup QB, and McCarthy hs done wonders with Rodgers mechanics, this could also be a fit. Tebow could learn in a no pressure situation, just as Rodgers did with Favre.

Also, when the Packers drafted Randall Cobb last year, one of the things that coaches mentioned that they liked about Cobb was his ability to run the Wildcat QB at Kentucky. With Cobb most likely taking the #3 WR spot, that role could open up for Tebow.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Green Bay is in need of a backup QB, and McCarthy hs done wonders with Rodgers mechanics, this could also be a fit. Tebow could learn in a no pressure situation, just as Rodgers did with Favre.

Also, when the Packers drafted Randall Cobb last year, one of the things that coaches mentioned that they liked about Cobb was his ability to run the Wildcat QB at Kentucky. With Cobb most likely taking the #3 WR spot, that role could open up for Tebow.
    Wow, I like that alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    for your sake you should hope that happens

cause you saw how peyton screwed up indy for backup qbs , by running his own offense
    Peyton didn't screw up Indy, Indy screwed up by not having a quarterback with the knowledge of the offense and with some playing time to step in and get some experience when the Colts were up big and rolling.

Indy took Peyton for granted that he'd always be healthy and play his entire career, and they got caught unprepared.

They didn't plan for the unthinkable. You noticed Belichick isn't making that mistake. He took the kid out of Arkansas last year, Mallett I think, and is grooming him now to take over for Brady. If Brady goes down, Mallett will at least know how to run the offense and have some insight into how the offense is ran. But assuming Brady plays another 3-4 years, if he stays healthy, when it's Mallett's turn to take over, he should step in quite nicely.

I admit I'm not the football expert here are, but trading Tebow makes little sense to me. He won't go for much at this point, and he's only making $1.1 mill. Why not let him learn from one of the best pocket passers ever for a year and see how he improves before deciding? I'm not fond of the hiring of a 35 year old QB with an unproven arm to start with, but if we do, why not let him teach for a year and see how Tebow does with his first full off-season of training camp with a great passer to learn from?

thinking the same

Harbaugh & Tebow possiblity if Smith signs elsewhere. Now that could be excitment instead of a McCoy and a Fox offense

Quote Originally Posted by JHTruth View Post
    Tebow's fan base is the reason Tim wil not be here next year. Manning will not play on a team where Tebow's fan base is breathing down his neck after every mistake. Orton had to take it, Manning does not. They will trade him for a 3rd rounder or a defeensive player of some sort..
    I agree they will not keep Tebow at all even though I would love to see him develop behind Peyton for a year or two with some designed packages because of that reason entirely.

I would bet that Peyton was assured by Elway that Tebow would be traded/released if he came to Denver so I wouldn't expect that the Broncos will get much more than a low draft pick at best.

For Peyton's sake I hope he can play D too cause that's where we had some HUGE holes and honestly if we don't make a long playoff run or make the Super Bowl will signing him and committing so much money be considered a failure?

So when Manning gets hurt in the first game, what do we do?

Why can't we keep Tebow to learn from Manning ?? as we won't get anything more than a mid-late round pick for him. Also if he is traded it means wasting a 2nd on a QB to learn from Manning. When we have a young QB allready on are team who can learn a thing or 2 + Tebow has shown he has what it takes, this rookie will have a bigger risk factor than Tebow has when we should be using every pick on players who help us win now.

lol there is no chance he goes to SF, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    I admit I'm not the football expert here are, but trading Tebow makes little sense to me. He won't go for much at this point, and he's only making $1.1 mill. Why not let him learn from one of the best pocket passers ever for a year and see how he improves before deciding? I'm not fond of the hiring of a 35 year old QB with an unproven arm to start with, but if we do, why not let him teach for a year and see how Tebow does with his first full off-season of training camp with a great passer to learn from?
    because of the media/fan circus that comes with him

its unbearable and really the reason a lot of people dislike Tim, aside from the fact that he isnt a great QB
    -------