View Poll Results: Tebow to Ne for Mallet?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! Mallet has the skillset Elway would look for in a young QB.

    19 57.58%
  • No way! Mallet is a bum.

    10 30.30%
  • I still don't think Tebow will be traded....

    4 12.12%
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 566
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ridge Manor, FL
    Posts
    193
    Peyton has won 1 SB in 16 seasons and had one hell of a cast around him. Now he is going to win another with less talent? Please wake up. Peyton won't win another SB no matter what team he is with.
    Broncos fan since Elway. Gator since birth.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    He's going to Pittsburgh.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    333
    Look, I love manning as the starter. Tebow is a winner, and ill be very upset if the broncos trade/release him. Hes a great change of pace. Please retain him. Jus saying.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,406
    kapernick is still there future. and i cant see alex smith walking away from that situation. he wont be able to game manage the dolphins like he did the niners.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20
    Tebow's fan base is the reason Tim wil not be here next year. Manning will not play on a team where Tebow's fan base is breathing down his neck after every mistake. Orton had to take it, Manning does not. They will trade him for a 3rd rounder or a defeensive player of some sort..

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,245
    Green Bay is in need of a backup QB, and McCarthy hs done wonders with Rodgers mechanics, this could also be a fit. Tebow could learn in a no pressure situation, just as Rodgers did with Favre.

    Also, when the Packers drafted Randall Cobb last year, one of the things that coaches mentioned that they liked about Cobb was his ability to run the Wildcat QB at Kentucky. With Cobb most likely taking the #3 WR spot, that role could open up for Tebow.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Green Bay is in need of a backup QB, and McCarthy hs done wonders with Rodgers mechanics, this could also be a fit. Tebow could learn in a no pressure situation, just as Rodgers did with Favre.

    Also, when the Packers drafted Randall Cobb last year, one of the things that coaches mentioned that they liked about Cobb was his ability to run the Wildcat QB at Kentucky. With Cobb most likely taking the #3 WR spot, that role could open up for Tebow.
    Wow, I like that alot.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    for your sake you should hope that happens

    cause you saw how peyton screwed up indy for backup qbs , by running his own offense
    Peyton didn't screw up Indy, Indy screwed up by not having a quarterback with the knowledge of the offense and with some playing time to step in and get some experience when the Colts were up big and rolling.

    Indy took Peyton for granted that he'd always be healthy and play his entire career, and they got caught unprepared.

    They didn't plan for the unthinkable. You noticed Belichick isn't making that mistake. He took the kid out of Arkansas last year, Mallett I think, and is grooming him now to take over for Brady. If Brady goes down, Mallett will at least know how to run the offense and have some insight into how the offense is ran. But assuming Brady plays another 3-4 years, if he stays healthy, when it's Mallett's turn to take over, he should step in quite nicely.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    150
    I admit I'm not the football expert here are, but trading Tebow makes little sense to me. He won't go for much at this point, and he's only making $1.1 mill. Why not let him learn from one of the best pocket passers ever for a year and see how he improves before deciding? I'm not fond of the hiring of a 35 year old QB with an unproven arm to start with, but if we do, why not let him teach for a year and see how Tebow does with his first full off-season of training camp with a great passer to learn from?

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    coos junction, oregon
    Posts
    45

    thinking the same

    Harbaugh & Tebow possiblity if Smith signs elsewhere. Now that could be excitment instead of a McCoy and a Fox offense

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by JHTruth View Post
    Tebow's fan base is the reason Tim wil not be here next year. Manning will not play on a team where Tebow's fan base is breathing down his neck after every mistake. Orton had to take it, Manning does not. They will trade him for a 3rd rounder or a defeensive player of some sort..
    I agree they will not keep Tebow at all even though I would love to see him develop behind Peyton for a year or two with some designed packages because of that reason entirely.

    I would bet that Peyton was assured by Elway that Tebow would be traded/released if he came to Denver so I wouldn't expect that the Broncos will get much more than a low draft pick at best.

    For Peyton's sake I hope he can play D too cause that's where we had some HUGE holes and honestly if we don't make a long playoff run or make the Super Bowl will signing him and committing so much money be considered a failure?

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USAAAAA
    Posts
    40
    So when Manning gets hurt in the first game, what do we do?

  13. #178
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Liverpool England
    Posts
    21
    Why can't we keep Tebow to learn from Manning ?? as we won't get anything more than a mid-late round pick for him. Also if he is traded it means wasting a 2nd on a QB to learn from Manning. When we have a young QB allready on are team who can learn a thing or 2 + Tebow has shown he has what it takes, this rookie will have a bigger risk factor than Tebow has when we should be using every pick on players who help us win now.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,534
    lol there is no chance he goes to SF, that is all.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    I admit I'm not the football expert here are, but trading Tebow makes little sense to me. He won't go for much at this point, and he's only making $1.1 mill. Why not let him learn from one of the best pocket passers ever for a year and see how he improves before deciding? I'm not fond of the hiring of a 35 year old QB with an unproven arm to start with, but if we do, why not let him teach for a year and see how Tebow does with his first full off-season of training camp with a great passer to learn from?
    because of the media/fan circus that comes with him


    its unbearable and really the reason a lot of people dislike Tim, aside from the fact that he isnt a great QB
    -------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •