Masai Ujiri Appreciation Thread

Great Exec....

I wish the Rockies could have a guy like Ujiri leading their FO.

This is supposed to be a happy thread.

Then you go an mention the screwed up FO the Rockies have.

Now I am sad.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

He has been great since he hyas been here. Keeps building a very nice competitive team. Very excited to see Mcgee in a Nuggets uniform.

Ujiri has done awesome, hopefully McGee works out, but if not we have a ton of money to get a great player in free agency.
    Made by Houshmazode

Just look at the way Masai orchestrated this....
    from John Hollinger

Denver: B
    McGee has become a YouTube sensation for all the wrong reasons, making a colossal mental error at least once a game. I may need to move to Denver just to watch George Karl's reaction to coaching him.

And yet I like this. I know how weird this looks, but hear me out. The Nuggets had buyer's remorse on Nene from almost the day the contract was signed, as he's been unwilling to play through minor injuries and his on-court performance has slipped. I had heard the same reports others have that the Nuggets offered him to Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins in the opening weeks of the season; in fact I was told it was the first call the Kings got after the Cousins-Westphal brouhaha.

Nene is 29 years old and relies heavily on his athleticism, and at $13 million a year for each of the four years after this one makes him a major risk, especially since the Nuggets have a lot of other young, talented players who will need to be paid over the next three years.

McGee, on the other hand, is 24 years old and hugely productive. He's Nene's equal as a finisher and scorer, and a much better rebounder and shot-blocker. He makes dramatically less than Nene right now, and while that gap will close this summer, the chill of restricted free agency should still allow the Nuggets to keep him for much less than the four years, $52 million owed Nene.

Additionally, the Nuggets will get a huge trade exception out of this. If my cap math is right, they can slot both Turiaf and McGee just inside the $7 million exception left over from the Raymond Felton deal (seriously, how giddy must the Nuggets be about that trade?), and thus can do a straight deal of Nene into a $13 million exception.
    Basically, they amnestied Nene and got players back.

So while I'd rather have Nene than McGee today, I'm not sure that's true three years from now. And when you look at all the other cap management considerations, this is a nice deal for Denver.

He's awesome. I agree with everything he's done so far.