View Poll Results: How many seasons will Manning play in denver?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1 season? He gets injured the first year.

6 11.54%
  • 1 season and then out?

0 0%
  • 2 to 3 seasons?

17 32.69%
  • 3 or more seasons?

29 55.77%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    The bad news is that we're going to be praised like the Eagles were last year as SB favorites on paper. We saw how well that worked out for them. Hopefully we don't get anyone making bonehead statements like VY did.

I think playoffs are fully expected. Not only because we have Manning, but because the division is weak. At least one playoff win is also expected since we already pulled that off with a rebuilding team last year. I want to say that the Super Bowl is expected, but we have to see what happens to Manning when he gets hit to find out if he's fully healthy or not.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Super Bowl or bust!

I refuse to accept the Peyton Manning that chokes in the playoffs. He has a 9-7 playoff record, is that right? We're giving up a TRUCKLOAD of money and getting rid of a great player like Tim Tebow for one reason: a Lombardi. And he better deliver.

Superbowl or bust. If we don't get a SB season out of this I am going to be real pissed. We are spending a ton of money and taking a shot at losing some draft picks so it better be worth it.
    Last edited by tacmale; 03-19-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Quote Originally Posted by the-shuffler View Post
    Sounds like it. A healthy Manning lead the Colts to 1 superbowl win in how many years? That was a young, healthy Manning in his prime, with a team built for Manning.

An aging Manning taking a year off, recovering from major Neck Surgery... is going to lead the Broncos to a Superbowl victory?
    It's more that they want a top 4 QB (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, P Manning in any order) which Manning is if healthy. Every single team in the league wants that. If he's not healthy, then it's a horrible move. If he's healthy, then it's a move any team that doesn't already have a franchise QB would make.

I was really looking forward to watching Tebow develop this off season and hoping he would progress into our next franchise QB, but If he's going to be replaced, I'm glad it's with a proven top 4 QB.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

My expectations in the Manning era

Hell be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Keeping it classy I see!

Depends on the success, or lack thereof.

Just for the sake of sanity, I'll go with 4!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    Considering how much pure luck we had swing our way last year, and how we backed into the playoffs and beat a decimated Steelers team, I'd say that's reasonable.

Depends on who we play in the first round and how the division pans out obviously. A lot of factors there.
    When something happens over and over again, it's not luck.

I think 4. What's with so many people going 1 or less?

Quote Originally Posted by bighunch View Post
    Hell be a bust.

He may not be a BUST unless he gets injured but this decision by Elway will turn out to be a huge mistake

I think there's two possibilities that are the most likely to transpire;

1. He injures his neck again and is done.

2. He's able to tough it out through hits, weather, etc. The overall wear & tear of the game retires him in two years.

People don't seem to realize what nerve damage does to your life and physical abilities. I've got an old combat wound that caused nerve damage and it has given me trouble for quite some time now. And I'm not playing pro football.

Another Favre?

The good news for Broncos fans is that, complications from the neck surgeries aside, Manning never missed a game. Assuming he is similarly durable for the remainder of his career, who is to say he can play well up to age 41 like Favre? The Broncos just went to the top of the food chain overnight!

I'll say 4 or 5 season. Peyton is the one of the toughest qbs I've ever seen. His neck his stronger than it was two years ago. He's consulted 4 of the top 5 doctors in the workd on this subject and they've all cleared him. Only complete nerve regeneration for his arm is a question now, not his neck durability.