Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

How long will it take for ...

How long will it take for our Offensive Line to adjust to the Manning audible style offense?

We led the NFL in rushing last year and now we have a passing THREAT

But how effective can the Manning system be in year one?

What offense are we looking at?

<SamParnell please share some knowledge>

I am soooooooo stoked right now

Manning Smiley ASAP plz
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosR2Good View Post
    Tebow made our running game and made defenses think twice about being aggressive on D. Willis and Knowshon are garbage and our o-line is porous, our WR core crap and Decker is the only decent one.

Elway is a moron for signing Manning, I doubt Manning will last the whole season. Three neck surgeries in two years is not a good sign.

You dont build through Free Agency.
    It's a unique situation. They didn't want Tebow running so much due to high injury probability, and they're right. Elway regrets having run so much as a young QB.

Tebow is a very potentially dangerous QB once he gets his passing game taken care of.

And btw, Decker is inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Willis McGahee: "Now that teams have to respect our ability to throw the ball, we won't be seein' any more 8 or 9 man fronts. That's gonna be huge."

On am 1610 radio.
    True enough.

How did Tebow keep teams from being aggressive? They were all incredibly aggressive because they didn't take 2 nano seconds to pay attention to the passing game...

Great point about our money being tied up in Peyton. We had some many holes to fill but it was all wasted on Manning. I dont see this team going to the playoffs at all this year due to many holes on offense.
    You realize we are one of the few teams with PLENTY of cap space to use even with the signing of Manning.

Please stop making crap up.

I think people are seriously forgetting how inept our offense was when Tebow was our quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Orton was sacked on average 2x per game, Tebow was closer to 3x per game.

Wierd how those stats show the opposite of your argument.....
    i hope he sticks his head in a very deep hole now
    -------

When you have a scrambling QB, it can help your o-line from looking bad. Orton wasnt a mobile QB and this o-line looked pathetic. Manning isnt mobile and will be sacked constantly.
    Ummmm that woud make sense if Orton didn't get sacked way less than Tebow. Tebow got sacked 33 times in 271 attempts or once every 8.2 pass attempts and Orton got sacked 9 times in 155 for a rate of a sack per every 17.2 pass attempts.

But then facts shouldn't get in the way of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JHTruth View Post
    If Tebow becomes half the player Rodgers is I will ban myself for life..
    Tebow had 3,835 total yards and 32 TDs in 16 starts (including post season games and situation play in 7 other games ) and got as far as Rodgers did with their respective teams into the playoffs this year .

That is at least half as good.

sorry about your self banning, you will be missed! :wave:
    Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 03-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Tebow made our running game and made defenses think twice about being aggressive on D. Willis and Knowshon are garbage and our o-line is porous, our WR core crap and Decker is the only decent one.

Elway is a moron for signing Manning, I doubt Manning will last the whole season. Three neck surgeries in two years is not a good sign.

You dont build through Free Agency.
    Hey, some people have high football IQs and some don't. But everyone has opinions huh?

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfjkl View Post
    I think people are seriously forgetting how inept our offense was when Tebow was our quarterback.
    Or how many wins the team actually got as well when he was our quarterback ...as much in one stretch as the two previous years combined actually.

Great point about our money being tied up in Peyton. We had some many holes to fill but it was all wasted on Manning. I dont see this team going to the playoffs at all this year due to many holes on offense.
    We wasted it all? We have over $40 mill of cap room, Manning will come out to less than $20 mill a year, we are spending less than half on Manning, and a deeper look at the contract will likely reveal it is going to be much less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
    Tebow had 3,835 total yards and 32 TDs in 16 starts (including post season games and situainal play in 7 other games ) and got as far as Rodgers did with their respective teams into the playoffs.

Oh my! Did you just compare Rodgers to Tebow?? haha

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
    Tebow had 3,835 total yards and 32 TDs in 16 starts (including post season games and situainal play in 7 other games ) and got as far as Rodgers did with their respective teams into the playoffs.

3835 "total yards." Because we all know that's how QB's are measured in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
    Meh I think it works out short-term, but I want to see a dynasty too, especially with how young the rest of the team is.

We have our old Brett Favre, we just need to keep our Aaron Rodgers
    I agree totally. I want a dynasty and we do need to find our Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully we can do that in the next couple years, while Manning keeps us competitive for the next three years. If he is healthy, I think he can do just that.