Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I don't think so.

People always gonna hate eachother. Only after wins do most people all get along.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Broncos Fans Get Rare Unity Opportunity

It rhymes! And it's true!

Peyton Manning gives us all a chance to back the Broncos again. Together. Without the drama.

That might be the best part of the Manning signing, to me.
    Its an internet message board.

There will never be unity.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    That's just it. People who know a lot more about football than we do determined that, in fact, there likely wouldn't be 10+ "good to great" years coming from the QB in question (Tebow).

You can't win big games in the NFL without a viable passing attack. Period. Our option/run heavy stuff worked for a while. But how long do you think that's sustainable? I think our point totals speak for themselves.

And you don't just magically learn to throw in your 3rd year in the NFL. No matter how hard you work.

I don't get why that's so hard to understand.
    Hmm. I could have sworn we won a playoff game for the first time since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Believe me, the names may change, but the arguments remain the same. It's always been that way and I'm confident that it will always be that way. Manning and Tebow really have nothing to do with it. As big as they are they're but simple pawns in this grand game we play on our emotionally checkered orange and blue board.

Going back just a little further than Champs Chumps' list you would find that this board was born amidst a QB controversy and a "fan-check" of sorts. Griese was on his way out and Plummer was coming in. Most were excited about it, but some were not.

And then there were those that were relentlessly beating the Fire Shanahan drum. Ultimately, they got their wish, but not before being mercilessly branded as traitors on this board. What's funny is some of them went on to become revered and almost worshipped here (RIP MUG).

I just feel that with most things Broncos there's a silent majority. They may not be comfortable with everything about the team, nor have they put their necks out in defiance and dissapproval thus requiring contant public proclamations of their stance, but they're there... rooting for the team and patiently waiting for the next time... THE ONLY TIME... that true unity can exist. And that time is when we're watching our team lift that next Lombardi Trophy above their heads.

GO BRONCOS!

Oh, yeah... the all-time top contributor on this board is/was an import.

Ya it's not uncommon at all for fans to come over for a player and stick around. I myself was a Chiefs fan when I was a kid and started cheering for the Broncos in 96 because I liked the uni's and TD/Smith then they went and change the unis I'm still here and I'll never hop back onto the Chiefs bandwagon (or any other one for that matter) Though I will admit I do still look back and fondly remember the good ole days when the Chiefs had Montana, Allen, neil smith (later a sb winning bronco!) Dale Carter, Derrick Thomas, Willie Davis. I used to love watching Montana play, one of the greatest of all time! The Chief's haven't had a QB worth a crap since he retired.

But the point that I'm trying to make is just because someone comes over here for a silly reason doesn't mean they won't end up a lifer but if idiots troll them and treat them like crap and accuse them of being a player fan and not a fan of the team that might be all it takes to keep them from sticking around.... At this point this is going to be our year and we need to unite behind a common theme #Cutthatmeatinthesuperbowl. This silly infighting between our fanbase and "truefans" and "bandwagon player fans" it's all gotta stop, UNITE!

The only time we ever come close to being unified is after a big win.

After DT's OT game winning catch against the Steelers I'm pretty sure 99% of Bronco Nation was uniformally happy.

During the offseason, every move is scrutinized and over-analyzed. A little written jousting amongst friends....that's what makes the boards fun, IMO.

My motto is you don't have to be insane to be a Broncos fan, but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Broncos Fans Get Rare Unity Opportunity

It rhymes! And it's true!

Peyton Manning gives us all a chance to back the Broncos again. Together. Without the drama.

That might be the best part of the Manning signing, to me.
    It's a little early to crown a guy that used to be a winner in his prime and discount an up and coming winner. Time is not on our side anymore

Manning does not tolerate mistakes and this team makes lots of them, is that suddenly fixed?

I remember Peyton's hissy fits when things didn't go his way and that happened 13 out of 14 years that he played for his last team. A team by the way that was familiar with arguably the most complex offensive scheme in the league. A scheme that was learned over the course of several years by the same offensive players with very few substitutions for the most part.

Manning minus Harrison was the beginning of the end, what do you call it after the end? Answer: Redskins 2.0
    [

I prefer the Denver Colts over the Browncos.

It might take a SB to convert HIS disciples that remain. Even then they will remain His biggest athletic supporters.
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

I have been a Broncos fan since Craig Morton was our QB. I will continue to be a Broncos fan forever!!! Just really glad the circus has left the Broncos,unfortunately for me living in NY it has come a little closer to me lol. I've been laughing at the Jets fans around here that think they hit a homerun in getting tebow. In a year or two they will be looking to ship him somewhere BELIEVE ME. Anyways, yes lets unite as Bronco fans,this is going to be a GREAT year for the Broncos and us BRONCO fans!!!!!!
    Even if Manning has to throw the ball underhand, the Broncos believe they have a better quarterback than the one who beat the Steelers in the playoffs last season.

Winning is the only thing that brings unity around here and even then there are usually some holdouts that are still unhappy during the winning. I guess that's just internet sports message boards for you. If Peyton is back to 2010 form, then there will be a lot of winning going on and people will be happy.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Dyslexics untie!

Unity is great but dissention amongst the ranks is what makes this board interesting....we can all agree to disagree, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I will always be a Broncos fan first, player's fan distant second.

We are fans of a game that changes every day and opinions regarding the team, the players, EFX, and so on, are like message board posts....

here today, gone tomorrow.

Wow. It is actually calming down! There were just 181 people when I came here today and not every thing is about he who is gone! people will always argue-some very irrationally-but I am looking forward to threads that don't turn into his fans crying about something instead of what the thread started out talking about.
    SmilingJack

Although I believe Manning will spend most of the next 2 years on the bench injured before retiring/being released, leaving us in a very bad spot, I don't know what this will mean for fan unity.

Though I think trading Tebow was very short-sighted, it was frustrating to see so much vehemence among fans on the boards against him. But I think this anger and bitterness is now the norm for NFL fans online. It will only take a few bad Manning performances or another injury to sour the new joy and bring forth the nasty arguments. The vibes on the boards right now may be the closest thing to unity we can expect.

All these whiney fans complaining about Tebow, are not real fans IMO....I loved Timmy as much as the next guy, and it hurt me to take down all the photos and magazine articles hanging up in my dorm room....but at the end of the day I am a BRONCOS fan, I stick by the organization no matter what it does, or who is playing for them, because that is was fans do.

It is just like sticking with your family, you don't always agree with each other, and accept things you do, but you still love them because your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ya it's not uncommon at all for fans to come over for a player and stick around. I myself was a Chiefs fan when I was a kid and started cheering for the Broncos in 96 because I liked the uni's and TD/Smith then they went and change the unis I'm still here and I'll never hop back onto the Chiefs bandwagon (or any other one for that matter) Though I will admit I do still look back and fondly remember the good ole days when the Chiefs had Montana, Allen, neil smith (later a sb winning bronco!) Dale Carter, Derrick Thomas, Willie Davis. I used to love watching Montana play, one of the greatest of all time! The Chief's haven't had a QB worth a crap since he retired.

But the point that I'm trying to make is just because someone comes over here for a silly reason doesn't mean they won't end up a lifer but if idiots troll them and treat them like crap and accuse them of being a player fan and not a fan of the team that might be all it takes to keep them from sticking around.... At this point this is going to be our year and we need to unite behind a common theme #Cutthatmeatinthesuperbowl. This silly infighting between our fanbase and "truefans" and "bandwagon player fans" it's all gotta stop, UNITE!
    Yeah! Give us new Peyton Manning/Broncos fans a chance! Heck. I already bought two new Broncos hats! And I plan on wearing them the next time I drive up the California coast to visit my friends up in Oakland! So...