Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think every great defense has a great MLB directing traffic and keeping the level of intensity high. The Broncos won't have a great MLB in 2012, so the defense won't take the next step. Joe Mays is a joke and Nate Irving was his backup. None of them will wake up in 2012 playing like Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. If Dawkins decides to retire, the defense will have no vocal leadership. The idea for 2012 is Peyton Manning leading the offense to the endzone, allowing the defense to focus on pass rush. The Broncos don't even have a strong DL, which is another key component for a great defense. Expect another average defense that can at least rush the passer.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

20012 Defense

Does anyone have any news on the Defensive front.We lost another Defensive Coordinator we may not have DJ available for awhile(not sure)Lost Bunkley to FA,With all that is anybody have any insight on weather we will play 4-3 again.I read DelRio likes to play 3-4 D.Or is it too early to know until after the Draft?

dude 20012 is in a really long time, let's focus on 2012 first

*sorry had to

also, there hasn't been much talk on it since the suspension, also it kind of got lost in all the manning drama, but according to some reports by Vic Lombardi i think, DJ's suspension is likely to be lifted due to some sort of technicality because his sample was mistreated, sort of like the Ryan Braun case

PFT link

Bunkley is slightly above average as a starting DT considering his deficiencies, our FO would look at him crazy if he asked for $35M, and rightfully so.

Look at what we have, Champ Bailey, Tracy Porter, Chris Harris, Quinton Carter, Mike Adams, DJ Williams (WW is a great back up), Joe Mays/Nate Irving, Von Miller, and Elvis Dumervil.

Last offseason, most people (not me one bit) were afraid that we were doomed at the DT position after the draft. One veteran signing in Warren and a trade for Bunkley made people feel MUCH better.

I expect something similar this season if we don't draft one early. I wouldn't worry about DT at all. It's valued higher on these boards than anywhere I've seen before, it's not worth passing up a better prospect for unless that DT has great pass rushing (about 6-8 sacks coming in, which is very tough) and run stopping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Bunkley is slightly above average as a starting DT considering his deficiencies, our FO would look at him crazy if he asked for $35M, and rightfully so.

Look at what we have, Champ Bailey, Tracy Porter, Chris Harris, Quinton Carter, Mike Adams, DJ Williams (WW is a great back up), Joe Mays/Nate Irving, Von Miller, and Elvis Dumervil.

Last offseason, most people (not me one bit) were afraid that we were doomed at the DT position after the draft. One veteran signing in Warren and a trade for Bunkley made people feel MUCH better.

I expect something similar this season if we don't draft one early. I wouldn't worry about DT at all. It's valued higher on these boards than anywhere I've seen before, it's not worth passing up a better prospect for unless that DT has great pass rushing (about 6-8 sacks coming in, which is very tough) and run stopping ability.
    I wouldn't be surprised with anything really, a trade up for a DT or staying where we are for a DT, maybe even double dip in the first few rounds. Whatever we do I have completely confidences in the FO

Del Rio is a 4-3 guy, he was his entire time in Jacksonville. I really doubt we'll make a change there.

I dont think we are planning that far ahead...
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

We will run a 4-3 most likely

Quote Originally Posted by biggymac609 View Post

*sorry had to
    Haha, beat me to it! People please proof read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    We will run a 4-3
    fyp

They would be stupid to move to a 3-4 again considering they implemented a 4-3 last year. Consistency breeds success in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    fyp

They would be stupid to move to a 3-4 again considering they implemented a 4-3 last year. Consistency breeds success in the NFL.
    PLus I dont think Doom liked the 4-3 not to mention we dont have a NT.

Let's way to see after the draft is over how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by biggymac609 View Post

*sorry had to
    Maybe it was on purpose!
    I'm game!!! I bet we run a 10-6-4 defense with half human half robot champion "Cyro" as our defensive captain at the battle commander position.
    (I'm predicting things will change drastically by then)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Del Rio is a 4-3 guy, he was his entire time in Jacksonville. I really doubt we'll make a change there.
    This...some posts make me smh