Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We added THREE Pro Bowlers

Tell me that doesn't have a ring to it, figuratively and literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Tell me that doesn't have a ring to it, figuratively and literally.

The Broncos added one future hall of famer and two that I hope get headed in that direction while wearing the orange and blue

Four if include Clady coming back from season long injury.

Five if want to include Miller.

Yep!

We have
    1)Peyton Manning 13-time pro-bowl 6-time all-pro 5-time mvp
    2)Demarcus Ware 7-time pro-bowl 4-time all-pro
    3)Ryan Clady 3-time pro-bowl 2-time all-pro
    4)Wes Welker 5-time pro-bowl 2-time all-pro
    5)Aqib Talib 1-time pro-bowl
    6)Louis Vasquez 1-time pro-bowl 1-time all-pro
    7)Von Miller 2-time pro-bowl 1-time all-pro
    8)DT 2-time pro-bowl
    9)Matt Prater 1-time pro-bowl
    10)TJ Ward 1-time pro-bowl
    11)Julius Thomas 1-time pro-bowl

Did I miss anybody?

Philly fans thought they'd never lose a SB again for 5 years after their "dream team" offseason, lest we forget.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Philly fans thought they'd never lose a SB again for 5 years after their "dream team" offseason, lest we forget.
    True, but that was also the season where Mike Vick took a huge step back from his MVP year. Unless Manning does the same or gets hurt, I can't see the Broncos going 8-8 and missing the playoffs.

Thankfully, there's no Vince Young on the team to throw around phrases like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    True, but that was also the season where Mike Vick took a huge step back from his MVP year. Unless Manning does the same or gets hurt, I can't see the Broncos going 8-8 and missing the playoffs.

Thankfully, there's no Vince Young on the team to throw around phrases like that.
    Haha, yeah no doubt.

I'm excited about the signings but right now its nothing more than names on paper. The one I'm most excited about is TJ Ward, he's in the prime of his career.

I'll bet money right now that sometime during the course of his tenure with the Broncos, Talib is in trouble with the law, the league, and probably even both. Maybe his acting out in TB was because Rahim Morris had no control, and maybe he didn't act out in NE, aside from the adderall, because BB is a genius like that. It's really hard to say, but I hope I'm not the only one that remembers he's been in trouble with either/or every year he's been in the league.

As for Ware, we need pass rushers and this is a huge upgrade over Ayers and Phillips, although I'd love to keep phillips as insurance.

Hooray, beer!

My exact thoughts.

That's why they play the game.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I'm a little apprehensive about Talib, from the off field issues to the injury history, but we will see I am hyped about Ward... We need D and some pop back there... But Ware is just great! I mean we got a upgrade over doom and Philips... And after getting cut by Dallas I'm sure the guy will be ticked off...

I think the key is to build the scheme around the players and not try to insert the players into the scheme like what philly did with namdi and the others. A square peg will not fit into a round hole

More then the All Pros and Pro Bowls I really like the attitude these guys are coming here with.

Our defense needs that attitude badly imo
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Haha, yeah no doubt.

I'm excited about the signings but right now its nothing more than names on paper. The one I'm most excited about is TJ Ward, he's in the prime of his career.

I'll bet money right now that sometime during the course of his tenure with the Broncos, Talib is in trouble with the law, the league, and probably even both. Maybe his acting out in TB was because Rahim Morris had no control, and maybe he didn't act out in NE, aside from the adderall, because BB is a genius like that. It's really hard to say, but I hope I'm not the only one that remembers he's been in trouble with either/or every year he's been in the league.

As for Ware, we need pass rushers and this is a huge upgrade over Ayers and Phillips, although I'd love to keep phillips as insurance.
    Did you watch his Bronco presser? He gave a pretty good reason imo why he stopped getting in trouble. Not all men answer that call but it looks like he did imo

I also hope we find a way to bring Phillips back...he played with a chip and edge that is going to get even bigger with these three guys here
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Did you watch his Bronco presser? He gave a pretty good reason imo why he stopped getting in trouble. Not all men answer that call but it looks like he did imo

I also hope we find a way to bring Phillips back...he played with a chip and edge that is going to get even bigger with these three guys here
    If that's true then I'll gladly eat my foot and apologize for it. 100%.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    He didn't have any choice, when put on the spot like that, and had to say something constructive. I hope it's true....
    b/c I really didn't have a good feeling about him when I saw him and I'm talking from a purely intuitive level. Hope I'm wrong... In contrast I have great feelings about Ward and Ware!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBronco90 View Post
    I think the key is to build the scheme around the players and not try to insert the players into the scheme like what philly did with namdi and the others. A square peg will not fit into a round hole
    You are on point there! I am a cowboys fan who is a little frustrated at my team releasing Ware, but as I stated in a previous thread, I am happy to see him going to a team like the Broncos. He absolutely deserves it! Having said that, I don't believe it is a coincidence that Ware's production went down at the same time the boys switched from the 3-4 defense to the 4-3. Moving to DE and having to go against Tackles was a tough one for him, and I believe that this affected his production more than his abilities did. I don't think he's as far away from his prime as people think he is. However, I think it would be wise for Denver to learn from the Cowboys mistakes and take a look at getting Ware in positions to make plays like he did in Dallas before they changed their defense. Dallas did just that... they tried to plug players into their scheme rather than fitting the scheme around the players. I know that Denver is a base 4-3, but if they can tweak it some and set Ware up to play to his strengths, I think you guys will see him return to form in no time. I'm still bummed about him leaving Dallas, but I'm also not afraid to admit that I can be a bit of a bandwagon fan when it comes to players that I truly admire and respect. I was never a Denver fan, but with guys like Ware, Welker, Manning, and others, how can I not root for them. Class organization for sure.