Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1777
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    You're done picking, but we may do the undrafted free agents thing, like last year. Maybe you can pick up another punter while at it.

You're done picking, but we may do the undrafted free agents thing, like last year. Maybe you can pick up another punter while at it.
    How does the undrafted free agent thing work?
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

Quote Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
    How does the undrafted free agent thing work?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=185261&highlight=Undrafted+Offici al

I would imagine we would do something along the lines of this, which we did last year.

This is the idea I came up with for the URFAS (undrafted rookie free agents):

It's basically a waiver system where each team will send in a list of their URFA targets in order of their preference; Iím calling this a ďPriority BoardĒ. The first team would get awarded a player (obviously their first choice since no one has been taken yet), and then they get moved to the back of the que. Then the second team gets awarded the highest ranking players remaining on their board, and they move to the back of the que. And so on. The cycle continues untill all the boards have been satisfied or all the players taken. If teams chose not to send in a board then they will just be skipped and they will not be awarded any URFAs.

It took me a while to come up with a fair way to determine the initial order, and this is what I ultimately decided upon: The teams with the fewest number of draft picks go first in the que. The logic behind that being a team who only drafted 3 or 4 players is more likely to need a rookie free agent then a team who drafted 10 or 11. The tie breaker between teams with the same number of draft picks would be the number of their initial pick, with the higher number going first.

Example Que:
    1 - A team with only 3 draft picks
    2 - A team with 4 draft picks
    3 - A team with 5 draft picks, and their first pick in the draft was #30
    4 - A team with 5 draft picks, and their first pick in the draft was #7
    5 - A team with 10 draft picks

I created the que order off of the Official Broncomaniac Selection thread, and my own running draft. I am pretty sure the number of picks for each team is correct since they all add up to 221, which was the total number of picks in our mock draft. Two picks were used in last yearís supplement draft and one was lost due to league punishment, so three total were not used. (32*7) Ė 3 = 221

A lot of us are going to have the same prospects, so the list could get very lengthy. If you have a specific position in mind though I wouldn't care if you did something like this:

1 - best WR available according to http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/WR.php
    2 - best RB available according to http://walterfootball.com/draft2011RB.php

That way you can still address a position of need without having to list out a bunch of players. It doesnít matter what site you use, as long as you put in a link. If there is no link I will use Walterfootball.com's position rankings if you want the BPA for a certain position. Of course, you can do it the old school way and list out every single prospect if you want to. Just make sure to include their name, school, and position. Also, please check (and double check) the draft results to make sure your targets are still available. And remember, this is only for rookies that were not drafted, not any type of other free agent. Please try to keep it reasonable, because I really donít want to have to add 30 players to every team. You donít add a rookie FA for every single position. Most teams only sign about 5-10 players at max, so use that as a sort of guideline.

That being said, your Priority boards can be as long as you want them to be. But be warned, the shorter it is, the more likely it is that all of your targets will be gone by the time your teams slot rolls around. That's why I suggest the method where you tell me to give you the BPA (according to a certain website) for a certain position.

The deadline for submitting your Undrafted Rookie FA priority board will be 6pm Eastern time on Tuesday, March 22nd. Thatís 5pm Central, 4pm Mountain, 3pm Pacific. If you live somewhere else you are probably familiar with the differences in time zones, but if youíre not sure then look it up on Google.

Please take your time and send the final copy of your URFA Priority Board to me via PM. That way you guys can remain somewhat secretive and you donít have to tip your hand as to who you're going after. Try to make sure the one you send to me is the one you want me to work with. My inbox can only hold 70 messages, so if a lot of people have to re-do their submissions it might get filled up.

I will then go through the boards on Tuesday night and hopefully have the results posted some time on Wednesday, no promises though. Iíll do them as fast as I can, but I might get too busy with homework.

I wouldnít turn down any CP for the work. I'm aiming at that third orange bar!

EDIT - If you notice a problem in the que order or need some other tpye of clarification, please ask me in this this thread. I will check it frequently.

Made my last pick.

I took Joe Martinek. I honestly have no clue if someone took him. But, if they didn't, he is MINE!

The Jaguars have announced their offseason sysnopsis. Through the offseason, we have added 5 new starters to the roster.

I would like to thank everyone who was involved this year. Special thanks to EInc, Berlow and all TC members. CP coming soon. This year, I think, has gone better than most and I look forward to next year.

I especially look forward to grades from EInc. No matter how harsh or praising they coe, I will appreciate them. Thanks for all of you guys' hard work for making this happen again.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Glad I got to pick before work today. Safety Sean Richardson from Vanderbilt is the pick.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Glad I got to pick before work today. Safety Sean Richardson from Vanderbilt is the pick.
    Love it.

If I didn't already have Illoka, Stuckey, and Hope, he woulda been my 5th rounder.

Didn't even realize Richardson was still on the board. With the additions of Eric Smith and Harrison Smith to the roster with Michael Griffin and Robert Johnson already on board, I didn't need a safety but he is an excellent prospect! Great selection! He could go as high as the early 5th!
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

How in the world did Terrell Manning fall that far?!?!?!?! Man, a lot of people have him going to the Ravens in the 2nd round!!!! That is incredible! He is at the VERY latest a mid 4th rounder. That is crazy!
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Love it.

If I didn't already have Illoka, Stuckey, and Hope, he woulda been my 5th rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
    Didn't even realize Richardson was still on the board. With the additions of Eric Smith and Harrison Smith to the roster with Michael Griffin and Robert Johnson already on board, I didn't need a safety but he is an excellent prospect! Great selection! He could go as high as the early 5th!
    Thanks guys.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

BJ Coleman in the seventh.. who knows, maybe I'll deal him for a 2nd next year..

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    BJ Coleman in the seventh.. who knows, maybe I'll deal him for a 2nd next year..
    Another guy I was hoping would go undrafted

I was hoping he was UDFA as well.

Bengals pick (#181) is finally in: OT John Cullen, Utah

Frank Alexander was a great pick. I think he has alot potential. Hes a steal in the 7th.