Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
    It's really all mental with Moore. He is plenty big enough, fast enough, and has the tackling ability. Two things stood out about Moore, both were obviously symptomatic of his inexperience: his positional awareness was HORRIBLE, and he often missed tackles to go for high hits. He showed zero discipline and didn't seem to understand route combinations so QBs were able to work him in coverage. This, of course must improve, but there's no reason to think it can't. However, if we're still having this conversation at this time next year, it's time to find someone new. Not that 2 seasons is Zero Barrier for all prospects, but if a guy is THIS far off mentally after 2 seasons, it's never going to happen.
    How do you make it to the NFL n not understand route concepts n designs?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    That's exactly what I though at first but when he was benched and given another chance I thought that would've been the motivation he needed. He came back and still played poor.
    You have a point, in response, I'd have to go to the offseason/ rookie jitters.

Quote Originally Posted by olgrouch View Post
    That hit IMO was legal. The league fined him for it. That might have messed him up a little. The thing is it was a hit, not a clean tackle where he wrapped up and took the receiver out of bounds. Thats one of my big problems with the modern game, it seems like they don't teach proper tackling technique
    to LB's and DB's anymore.
    I'd agree with you. The Pats games where Hernandez and company broke several tackles on a short pass definitely proves that point.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    How do you make it to the NFL n not understand route concepts n designs?
    The play designs are more sophisticated in the NFL for one, and most slot receivers run option routes these days, which don't exist in college by and large. But it's not necessarily the complexity of the routes, it's the speed at which the game is played compared to college... decision-making has to be so much sharper, more decisive, especially for centers, QBs, free safeties and mikes. Moore jumps the simple routes and gets pumped and looked off entirely too easily. Luckily, this is the aspect of his (and everyone's) game that is most likely to improve from year 1 to year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
    The play designs are more sophisticated in the NFL for one, and most slot receivers run option routes these days, which don't exist in college by and large. But it's not necessarily the complexity of the routes, it's the speed at which the game is played compared to college... decision-making has to be so much sharper, more decisive, especially for centers, QBs, free safeties and mikes. Moore jumps the simple routes and gets pumped and looked off entirely too easily. Luckily, this is the aspect of his (and everyone's) game that is most likely to improve from year 1 to year 2.
    Good post ...

Like other have mentioned ... Give him time to develop ..

Hopefully his character is where it needs to be and he puts in the work to become a better player..

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    How do y'all feel about Rahim Moore going forward?

Do you think he'll be a starter eventually, or have you reserved any hope for him?

I personally feel like he should at least be the starter by next season, 2 years and 2 offseasons is plenty of time to adapt to the Pro game, I just hope he is capable.
    I think it is more like 2 seasons and 1 offseason, since in all honesty last years lockout pretty much eliminated whatever gains they could have made in those first months in the NFL.

We'll be in much better position to have more educated opinions after this next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Soon Japaff will come and tell us he sucks!
    Thank you.....The guy flat out sucks......There was nothing positive from what you saw last season, absolutely nothing that would give you any hope that one day he might be a SERVICEABLE BACK UP, never mind a quality starter. And it is pretty telling that the FO put him in as the starter right off the bat, and he fell clear to the bottom of the depth chart. They gave him every opportunity to do something, and he fail every time........IMO the guy is cut by this time next season
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Thank you.....The guy flat out sucks......There was nothing positive from what you saw last season, absolutely nothing that would give you any hope that one day he might be a SERVICEABLE BACK UP, never mind a quality starter. And it is pretty telling that the FO put him in as the starter right off the bat, and he fell clear to the bottom of the depth chart. They gave him every opportunity to do something, and he fail every time........IMO the guy is cut by this time next season
    Remember that interception against Green Bay? Then the hit against Buffalo, and finally the fumble recovery his first ever play against Oakland.

That's 3

Like i said, he just needs to gain weight.. it would do wonders with his confidence when tackling bigger players. I expect a safety thats 6ft + to be at least 210 lbs. 6'1 196 is just too small for an NFL safety and what their asked to do in run support, and covering bigger Tight ends. At 6'1 Moore should be in the ball park of 210-215 lbs as a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Teams don't cut players just because they had a less-than-stellar rookie season. Elway and Manning both sucked their rookie years. Oh and there's this guy Troy Polamalu, you might have heard of him. His rookie year he had just 38 tackles and no picks. At least give the guy a full offseason before you write him off..

@MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Rahim's hit on Donald Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vAd6_0C7Y

I think Rahim got rattled early in the season last year on that hit he laid down on Donald Jones. After Stevie Johnson got in his face, I don't think Rahim ever was the same. He will be back with a year under his belt, by the way, I still think that hit was legal. Let's see what he has this year, I think he's going to surprise some people.

Give the guy time. He will be fine.

We often expect so much from rookies that we forget they are a work in progress. This was probably made worse by the lockout last off season.

Remeber this time last year we didn't even know if there would be a season!
    formerly "thehighlander"

Quote Originally Posted by brutledge79 View Post
    Rahim's hit on Donald Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vAd6_0C7Y

I think Rahim got rattled early in the season last year on that hit he laid down on Donald Jones. After Stevie Johnson got in his face, I don't think Rahim ever was the same. He will be back with a year under his belt, by the way, I still think that hit was legal. Let's see what he has this year, I think he's going to surprise some people.
    If he got rattled because he laid a hard hit on somebody we are in deep trouble.

I'll give him time, some players take time to adjust,

But at this point it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    If he got rattled because he laid a hard hit on somebody we are in deep trouble.
    Goodell's probably gonna start group counseling sessions for players who had to hit somebody too hard in the line of duty. Help the players deal with the emotional trauma they experienced.

The sad part, is that I may be right... I really can't stand that guy.
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...