Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I expect the whole offensive line to improve dramatically. Don't ever underestimate the value of a QB who gets rid of the ball in a timely manner, let alone very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizlers View Post
    Ryan Clady had a great rookie year as we all know (despite all those statistical sites saying otherwise) and seemed to of improved in certain aspects of his game, but overall (specifically last season) he seemed to of regressed to a borderline top 10 left tackle.

What is everyone's opinion on him? Will he thrive with Manning under center? He has experienced 3 completely separate QBs and will get yet another style of QB play. How does everyone think he will do?

I dont think that he will. I think he is just like Eddie Royal. He isnt as good and never will be as good as he was as a rookie.......But Clady is a solid player, while Eddie isnt. Personally I dont sign him to a big extension, I give him modest money and a few years, maybe a franchise tag. But lets be honest Clady and Franklin are going to have little impact this season...How good they play is only going to impact the running game....PM is just like TB and DB.... The ball comes out fast. So it is more important to have quality up the middle than at T, cause edge rushers just dont have the time to get there.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by xOrangeCrushx View Post
    I expect the whole offensive line to improve dramatically. Don't ever underestimate the value of a QB who gets rid of the ball in a timely manner, let alone very quickly.
    I'm not convinced. The shorter time to hold the block is balanced out by the defense spending more resources to get to the passer quickly. The only way to neutralize Manning is with quick, quick pressure (preferably up the middle, too).

So we're going to see the offensive line challenged by defenses in all sorts of ways. Other teams are not going to just accept that Manning is allowed to slice and dice them.

(Last year, teams began playing more of a "mush rush" of contain, not always trying to actually get to Tebow quickly. Because he would burn them with his feet and actually create something. It became a self-fulfilling thing -- teams slowed the rush to more of a contain, Tebow responded by saying "well, if you're going to do that, I'll take my time and try to find something good," and so on. It made it hard for the line to hold a block, but on the plus side they weren't as likely to to get complex blitzes and speed rush).

Quote Originally Posted by xOrangeCrushx View Post
    I agree... No to mention he is a right handed quarterback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, Clady will rebound!!!!! He had a very hard time protecting a QB that would not stay in the pocket and would not get rid of the ball quickly.

Both of those problems have been solved.

Clady will have a great season and will be a Pro Bowl player by the end of the year.

Crystal ball says so....

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

HE will improve, Clady is better at pass pro then run blocking. He is a great LT and if we plan on having a pocket passing QB, we need Clady as well. Plus, it's contract year (look for a pro bowl).

Both Orton and Tebow were terrible at getting rid of the ball quickly. When Cutler was here, getting rid of the ball quickly or sliding in the pocket to buy time, Clady looked like a top-5 LT. Now with Manning behind center, he has a QB that is one of the best all-time in terms of manipulating the pocket and getting rid of the ball quickly, Clady will give up the fewest sacks in the league.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

All pro. Book it

I do not think he will look as good as he did with cutler on some aspects but he will look better then ever on other aspects as will all the OL as Manning takes less sacks then any other qb currently playing.

The thing about the OL is while they have to do their job for the entire offense to work certain qbs, like Peyton, and certain RBs, like Ray Rice, can make the OL look better

Young qbs and young rbs can also make the OL look worse then it is *cough Moreno*

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    It will be easier now that we have a QB that doesn't spend 6-7 seconds scrambling around. Peyton Manning has one of the quickest releases in the NFL.
    This..The entire offensive line will benefit from Peytons quick release. Tebow took too long to get rid of the ball. Peyton rarely got sacked in Indianapolis and I believe that we have more talent on the offensive line then they ever had
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

The whole line will improve. Manning will chew them out every time they make a mistake. Watch