Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Football player

Stokely knows where the sticks are. He is going to be another coach on the field. he does not need to stretch the field, he needs to get 1st downs.

The current contact rules will extend Brandon's career 3 years.
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

He will easily make the roster, they did not bring him in because he is athletic or his past stats. It's becuase his history with Manning and Stokley can serve as a coach/mentor to our young wideouts in a Peyton Manning run offesne. I thought it was a great pick-up. I don't see him contributing too much, I'm sure he will get some balls/TDS and compete but what he will do practice/meetings/ in the locker room will be invaluable.

Stokley definitely makes the roster, not sure how much he'll play. He's probably 4th on the depth chart. He's a little old, so he probably won't be used heavily and especially in the no huddle. But Peyton once called Stokley the best slot receiver ever. This guy has lots of experience and if nothing else, with mentor the younger receivers. Demaryius could definitely use the guidance from Stokley. I actually like the move.

Stokes will certainly make the 53 man roster. Looking at that list of WRs though, I would like to see us add a young talent. Maybe someone who can help in the return game as well. Joe Adams?
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Unless Stokely gets injuried bad enough to where he wouldnt be able to play for a while, Im pretty sure the decision as to whether Stokely makes the roster will be more so in the hands of Manning, not EFX. Therefore, Stokely will make the roster.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Stokely - thats a nice group of 4. I dont see why people say we dont have much as WR. Manning is our QB, remember?

Ya know, Peyton Manning, the guy who turns an absolute no name guy into a household name receiver that catches 50 passes for 600 yards and 5 TDs despite never having caught more than 10 passes in their entire career prior.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I think it's very likely he makes the active roster. He'll probably end up being our 3rd or 4th receiver.

He will mostly see the ball on 3rd downs. Rotating in the slot with Andre Caldwell(whom will likely mostly be used in the return game this season).

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I doubt he makes final cuts.

Saw some of him with Giants, and he doesn't have much left. Can't separate any more from athletic, young DB's.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

The Broncos probably wound't have made him an offer if they didn't think he would pan out. He and Manning will have instant chemistry.

I heard we got a break on Access-A-Ride to and from the Stadium for Bannan when we signed Stokley.....

LOL

We obviosuly wants to be here and help thsi team be better, I can't help but think you want a guy like that around.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    This signing reeks of desperation....
    You want desperate? Stay tuned for the D Tackle line-up

A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
    Do you guys think it'll happen or do you think he'll just be around for camp? I mean he is 36....
    So is Peyton.

Don't you worry about the Slot Machine. He will be making clutch 3rd and long catches all season long.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Denver will keep 6 receivers this year. He will make the team.

If he is cut, it is because he doesn't play on special teams. Same reason he was cut 2 years ago. Most teams want their 4th and 5th receivers to be contributors on special teams. It is hard to have them active on the 46 man game day roster just to rotate in once and a while as a receiver.

I'm not sure how much any WR will play behind DT and Decker. Doesn't formations with Manning at helm usually consist of 2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB sets ( please correct if I am wrong)? I guess it's gonna depend on what Manning and the OC come up with.