Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Take a RB at 25????

I've previously leaned towards taking an elite WR in the 1st and going defensive with the majority of picks after that...but I actually like the Stokley signing and say the receiving core is not elite, but with pretty Peyton it's very respectable. I'm a loyal guy, so I definitely wanna see McGahee leading the stable of RB's, but he's getting older and missed a couple games last year. Knowshon is brittle and prefers to get "sauced". I'm starting to lean towards drafting an elite RB if available at #25 and going DT in rounds 2 and 3.

I have more confidence in a 1st round RB proving himself than a 1st round DT. Am I crazy???

You don't pick based on position only... you don't say okay we're going to pick a DT or a RB because if there isn't a player that's worth the pick then you're reaching.

You draft based on who's available.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

If there is a good RB that slips, I would have no problem taking one at 25. RB's often can come in and contribute right away. I'd love to have a young, real threat at RB.

No way Jose!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    You don't pick based on position only... you don't say okay we're going to pick a DT or a RB because if there isn't a player that's worth the pick then you're reaching.

You draft based on who's available.
    ^^^^this. If it's not Trent Richardson then any other RB is reaching. A lot of people here like Doug Martin from Boisie but at least half or more than half of them have said they would prefer to trade down to early second round if he is the guy they want.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    If there is a good RB that slips, I would have no problem taking one at 25. RB's often can come in and contribute right away. I'd love to have a young, real threat at RB.
    In other words if Trent Richardson magically slips to 25? Because every other back should be available when we pick at 25.

While pick #25 may not be the right place to take a back... I would be thrilled, and sort of expect the office to address half back with the sort of talent that works.

Lets say for instance... Lamichael James is taken with the 25th pick.

I am happy!

While pick #25 may not be the right place to take a back... I would be thrilled, and sort of expect the office to address half back with the sort of talent that works early in the draft.

I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    While pick #25 may not be the right place to take a back... I would be thrilled, and sort of expect the office to address half back with the sort of talent that works.

I am happy!
    Sounds horrible to me

Meh...........

Unless it's TRich, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post

I am happy!
    Oh vomit. That is terrible. I would be utterly disgusted and break my tv. Are you kidding with Lamichael James at 25? When we could draft him in the third round?

Trade it and Knowshon for MJD and a 5th. That way we are sure fire to get a top tier RB, we don't reach for a DT or WR we can get in rd 2 or 3. And the Jags get another pick to continue their re-build.

Win-Win for everybody!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Trade it and Knowshon for MJD and a 5th. That way we are sure fire to get a top tier RB, we don't reach for a DT or WR we can get in rd 2 or 3. And the Jags get another pick to continue their re-build.

Win-Win for everybody!!!!
    EWWE you're gross.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Oh vomit. That is terrible. I would be utterly disgusted and break my tv. Are you kidding with Lamichael James at 25? When we could draft him in the third round?
    Hm... the way I see it, a first round pick is worth a pro-bowl contributing starter at best. If you grade James talent at a third round talent, sure I guess... But I know what kind of NFL player this dude will become, and I say he's skill validates a 25 pick. I have no idea where he is "supposed" to go by the talking heads or how he's valued to other organizations.

He's good and would be the best pair of legs bar Trent Richardson in this draft. That's what we want on our team. People pencil in guys like Doug Martin to be better than James, goes against what the tape has shown to this point in their careers. Boise State... c'mon. Oregon has been one of the best BCS teams in the nation these last few years.

David Wilson in the 2nd.....
    Thanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!