Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soloking View Post
    @ShawnZobel_DHQ: Hearing that the Denver Broncos have made phone calls exploring the possibility of trading up for South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore
    Like i told oc, until i see it confirmed by Schefter or someone reliable, i don't buy it at all.

If anything, probably Cox or Kirkpatrick.

And it would cost most of our draft to move up for him, we have too many holes then to trade for him.

Why would they say who they are trading up for?

Don't buy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Like i told oc, until i see it confirmed by Schefter or someone reliable, i don't buy it at all.

If anything, probably Cox or Kirkpatrick.

And it would cost most of our draft to move up for him, we have too many holes then to trade for him.

Why would they say who they are trading up for?

Don't buy it at all.
    This^^ I think we may be exploring trade up possibilities, but I doubt Gilmore is the guy. To name drop the guy you want 5+ days to the draft is just extremely amateurish if it's true

Arter looking him up, I like him a lot. Not so much as a Von Miller clone but as a versatile LB that should be able to do anything. He is very muscular and plays the run well. He is fast and explosive on the edge.

Kinda cool. Id consider him at our 2nd or if he falls to our 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Boy do I disagree with you on that. But it's your opinion
    So you think its easier to find elite players in the second round than the first round?

I would not be impressed by this draft. Cedric Benson is a strong candidate as is Y. Bell.

Between Martin and Martinek who do you think had stiffer competition?

If you place these guys side by side watch their videos it would be 50/50 on which player was more promising!

Boises offense way more creative which makes Martin look better

Rutgers very vanilla offense doesn't help Martinek

put Martinek on boises team and him and martin are the same player
    Am I just crazy
    does anyone else agree?

I'd be a fan of McNeil, Bell, and Franklin.

Of those choices, only Naanee. Everyone else is on the downside of their careers.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Legadu Naanee already signed with the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Legadu Naanee already signed with the Dolphins
    Fine, ruin my afternoon whydontcha!

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Of those choices, only Naanee. Everyone else is on the downside of their careers.
    That may be true but some are still upgrades to what we have and if we are trying to win now then they can contribute.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos2024 View Post
    So you think its easier to find elite players in the second round than the first round?
    I don't like using the word "Elite". It's used to losely. And honestly, I hate that players get categorized is certain rds. I think there are starters/impact players all throughout the draft. I don't know how you view 2nd rd players, but IMO, there are always players in the 2nd rd that could've been 1st rd picks, but due to team NEEDS, they fall out of the 1st rd. That doesn't mean they are not worth being drafted in the 1st, it just means that teams had other position graded hire.

Think about it. How many players fall out of the 1st rd because of an injury, bad 40 time, bad combine, off the field problem(s) etc.

How many players that were considered 2nd/3rd rd picks move up to the 1st rd because of need, or having a great combine/40 time?

How many players deserve to be a 1st rd pick, be because they spent 2yrs at a JUCO, or they didn't play in a powerhouse conference, teams held that against them?

Here are some examples of what i'm talking about:

-DT Dontari Poe - If it wasn't for the lack of "Massive NTs" in the draft, he probably wouldn't even be a 1st rd pick. His production at Memphis does not equates to 1st rd pick. Poe has an awesome combine and now he's being compared to Haloti Ngata.

-WR Stephen Hill - He's no where near "Elite", but because he's 6'3 215 and ran a 4.36 at the combine, he's now considered a 1st rd pick. That wasn't the case before he ran his 40. He can also credit his rise to Megatron and DT.

-WR Kendall Wright - There is enough tape on him to know that he's definately a deep threat. But because he ran a 4.61 at the combine, his stock fell from a late 1st rd pick to a 3rd rd pick. His stock went back up to a 1st rd pick after he ran a better 40 at his Pro Day.

-WR Greg Childs - He was considered a 1st - 2nd rd pick, but because he had a pretty bad knee injury, his stock fell to the 4th-5th rd area. He has all the potential in the world to be a 1st rd pick, but he's currently a product of his injury. That doesn't mean he doesn't have 1st rd talent.

-DE Pernell McPhee (Ravens) - I wanted him to be a Bronco so bad last year. He was a player that I wanted to take in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I mentioned him last year on this Board, and people was like ehhh, no, he went to a JUCO blah, blah, blah. Here's his rookie stats:
    23 tack, 1 FF, 6 sacks, 2 PD. And the Ravens drafted him in the 5th rd.

-DT Karl Klug (Titans) - He's another player that I wanted to be a Bronco very bad. I watched all of Iowa games, and I kept trying to tell people that he was the best player on that line. And he was teammates with Adrian Clayborn and Christian Ballard. Ofcourse being a 6'3 275lb DT turned many people away, but here's his rookie stats:
    20 tack, 2 FF, 7 sacks, 4 PD. And the Titans drafted him in the 5th rd.

I can name many more players, RBs, CBs, etc. But I think you get my point. So personally, I don't see the 1st rd as the "Elite Players Only" round. Because their are players every year that doesn't belong there.

Wagner is one heck of a LB. He can play inside or out. Probably will start out on the weakside. You want to see what kinda of player he is watch the Auburn game. The only reason why he doesnt get alot of hype is because he missed the combine. I think however drafts him is going to be very happy.

I will say this on the negative side about him. Hes very limited in pass coverage. And on filmhe also sometimes get flat footed while reading the play. He sees the play but sometimes he doesnt attack the play, will instead wait for it to come to him. But when he plays in attack mood hes at his best. It will take him time to learn the speed of game but I see flashes of what he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I don't like using the word "Elite". It's used to losely. And honestly, I hate that players get categorized is certain rds. I think there are starters/impact players all throughout the draft. I don't know how you view 2nd rd players, but IMO, there are always players in the 2nd rd that could've been 1st rd picks, but due to team NEEDS, they fall out of the 1st rd. That doesn't mean they are not worth being drafted in the 1st, it just means that teams had other position graded hire.

Think about it. How many players fall out of the 1st rd because of an injury, bad 40 time, bad combine, off the field problem(s) etc.

How many players that were considered 2nd/3rd rd picks move up to the 1st rd because of need, or having a great combine/40 time?

How many players deserve to be a 1st rd pick, be because they spent 2yrs at a JUCO, or they didn't play in a powerhouse conference, teams held that against them?

Here are some examples of what i'm talking about:

-DT Dontari Poe - If it wasn't for the lack of "Massive NTs" in the draft, he probably wouldn't even be a 1st rd pick. His production at Memphis does not equates to 1st rd pick. Poe has an awesome combine and now he's being compared to Haloti Ngata.

-WR Stephen Hill - He's no where near "Elite", but because he's 6'3 215 and ran a 4.36 at the combine, he's now considered a 1st rd pick. That wasn't the case before he ran his 40. He can also credit his rise to Megatron and DT.

-WR Kendall Wright - There is enough tape on him to know that he's definately a deep threat. But because he ran a 4.61 at the combine, his stock fell from a late 1st rd pick to a 3rd rd pick. His stock went back up to a 1st rd pick after he ran a better 40 at his Pro Day.

-WR Greg Childs - He was considered a 1st - 2nd rd pick, but because he had a pretty bad knee injury, his stock fell to the 4th-5th rd area. He has all the potential in the world to be a 1st rd pick, but he's currently a product of his injury. That doesn't mean he doesn't have 1st rd talent.

-DE Pernell McPhee (Ravens) - I wanted him to be a Bronco so bad last year. He was a player that I wanted to take in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I mentioned him last year on this Board, and people was like ehhh, no, he went to a JUCO blah, blah, blah. Here's his rookie stats:
    23 tack, 1 FF, 6 sacks, 2 PD. And the Ravens drafted him in the 5th rd.

-DT Karl Klug (Titans) - He's another player that I wanted to be a Bronco very bad. I watched all of Iowa games, and I kept trying to tell people that he was the best player on that line. And he was teammates with Adrian Clayborn and Christian Ballard. Ofcourse being a 6'3 275lb DT turned many people away, but here's his rookie stats:
    20 tack, 2 FF, 7 sacks, 4 PD. And the Titans drafted him in the 5th rd.

I can name many more players, RBs, CBs, etc. But I think you get my point. So personally, I don't see the 1st rd as the "Elite Players Only" round. Because their are players every year that doesn't belong there.
    I absolutely agree there are great players to be had in the later rounds. All I am saying is that right now Denver needs to fill holes before depth and you have a greater chance of not getting a bust in the first round compared to the 4th/5th round. I feel like most 4th-5th rounders are great for depth or great to groom for the future. As it stands right now though Denver needs to fill holes now cause with there commitment to Peyton Manning they have commited to now not the future. We have a need for a playmaker or two on defense if we want a championship. All I am saying is that a playmaker is easier found in the first than the 4th/5th.