Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Of the top 4 seeds the Lakers are most likely to be upset.
    You're only saying that because they will probably match up with the Nuggets in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I will say a 1st round series of Knicks/Heat would be intriguing, not that i think they would win, but with how Melo is playing, i wouldn't doubt it.

And they got Stat back, would be a good series.
    39 from Melo and 22 from Stats yesterday. If those 2 play like that and the Knicks hit the 3 overall as a team, watch out.

Hitting the 3 is extremely detrimental to the Knicks success though; if they are unable to do it, they're gonna get run over by Chicago or Miami in the 1st round.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    You're only saying that because they will probably match up with the Nuggets in the first round.
    Me and everyone on Espn radio this morning. Full out panic mode, but then again who am I to question the might lakers! They are always the superior team no matter how crappy they are.

That, and they will be out Artest who was playing really good lately.

Barnes and ebanks will play just fine taking over artest minutes. A few months ago I would have said the nuggets are too deep for the Lakers but they way all the role players have played this team can contend.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Me and everyone on Espn radio this morning. Full out panic mode, but then again who am I to question the might lakers! They are always the superior team no matter how crappy they are.
    Revenge from 2009 would be ours!!!

The Lakers are incredibly overrated. Let's be real here. A terrible bench is a terrible bench. Yeah, they've played good lately but that doesn't translate to playoff success. Just ask the Miami Heat how their false sense of security helped against Dallas.

You also aren't winning many, if any playoff games if you're trailing by double digits the majority of the game and only shooting 36%.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Barnes and ebanks will play just fine taking over artest minutes. A few months ago I would have said the nuggets are too deep for the Lakers but they way all the role players have played this team can contend.
    Of course they can contend, but Denver can beat them should they play the Lakers in the 1st round.

Barnes/Ebanks is a dropoff from Artest.

Lakers are good, but title good, i'm not sure, they won't have HCA for starters other then the 1st round, and they are night and day at home then they are on the road. It's an ok bench, not great any any stretch. Not that i see any West team beating Miami or Chicago in the Finals.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 04-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    The Lakers are incredibly overrated. Let's be real here. A terrible bench is a terrible bench. Yeah, they've played good lately but that doesn't translate to playoff success. Just ask the Miami Heat how their false sense of security helped against Dallas.

You also aren't winning many, if any playoff games if you're trailing by double digits the majority of the game and only shooting 36%.
    Pretty much this.

I think the Nuggets can take anyone in the West, besides the Thunder.

Yeah, obviously I am a huge Nuggets fan, so I am more of a homer, but I truly believe that.

We are playing our best basketball down the stretch, and Gallo found his groove finally after his injuries. Chandler out hurts though, he didn't play much, but he would've been a huge bench guy.

But I am definitely not going to count this team out in any series (Thunder included, but DON'T have good feeling about that one). Look at what this team has been through....let's start with we have the youngest starting 5 in the NBA.

PG - Lawson (3rd year)
    SG - AAA (4th year)
    SF - Gallo (3rd year)
    PF - Faried (Rookie)
    C - Timo/Kosta/McGee (2nd, 2nd or 4th year)

Then we made the huge trade, trading out center piece, granted he sucked, but Nene was what this team was built around.

Also, we've lost Gallo to multiple injuries, lawson/aaa to injury, timo to injury, al to injury, chandler to china/injury, etc...

We've had over 20+ DIFFERENT starting lineups.

Even through all of this, we have a very good chance to finish the very deep West, with the 6th seed.

We also average the most points per game and assists per game....our downfall is our defense....which has gotten a little better recently...but still....it's worrisome, AAA is our only really shut down defender. That's another place we'll miss Chandler.

Anyways.....I like our chances whether it be the Spurs, Lakers, Clippers....just please don't give us the Thunder...
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Hitting the 3 is extremely detrimental to the Knicks success though; if they are unable to do it, they're gonna get run over by Chicago or Miami in the 1st round.
    If faced with either of those teams, I'm not overly concerned with the Knicks offense because their main scoring options will have favorable matchups.

What I'm more worried about is being able to control the paint and defensively rebound well; second chance points are what has killed the Knicks when facing Chicago.

The game usually slows down in the postseason so if they were to face Miami, I would like our chances because fewer possessions generally equates to fewer turnovers which is what a good chunk of Miami's scoring is predicated on since they aren't great in a halfcourt set.

I want to see the potential pacers heat series. That's a classic series if ever there would be one with the way the pacers are playing.

Also the Bulls Celtics on the other side...we are looking at some intense games and Saturday can not get here fast enough. First round is okay but it heats up after that.

How can you not like all the scuffles and trash talk and guys getting in the other guys face after hard calls. Plus close games down the stretch. Who shows up and hits big shots and crazy finishes. I'm getting just thinking on it.
    :go:

At this point, I gotta say Spurs and Heat. Heat win.

Anybody want to CP bet me on the potential Lakers vs Nuggets series?

Anybody want to CP bet me on the potential Lakers vs Nuggets series?
    Sure. Nuggets take it I'll say.

Not sure what you are thinking.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas