Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    You put Manning behind a rookie Center, you get him killed. Ain't happenin.

Sorry for being the dude to crush YOUR dreams.
    This.

Guys-- a general statement~ rookies are not good players (usually). The higher they're drafted, the sooner it will be they stop sucking, but rookies are not improvements, at first.

Obviously there's the rare Von Miller, but most anyone you get will be a downgrade, and hopefully become an upgrade.

One scout tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Wisconsin C Peter Konz "may be the smartest guy in this whole draft.""Hell of a football player," the scout said. "Oh, my God, he's a genius on the board. Genius. We put him on the board and he blew it away. Great kid." While there are concerns over Konz's height (6'5") and strength, Bucs GM Mark Dominik compares him to six-time Pro Bowler Matt Birk. Rotoworld's Evan Silva projects Konz to the Patriots with the No. 31 overall pick.

Apr 20 - 9:39 AMSource: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
    Adopted By: PowderAddict

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBronco View Post
    Who calls out Protection and Blitz's... Who is the CAPTAIN OF THE LINE...

Whats the second then...RB...
    Calling protection by defensive alignment isn't that complicated. It really isn't. I think it's overrated to be honest.

The QB has the ability to make the line calls as well. He has a little better view than the center. If the QB sees backside rushers that the protection can't account for, he's the guy that slides protection. Not the center.

To answer the OP's original Question:

Here's my rank of offensive positions from a coach's perspective:

1) QB - Duh
    2) WR - Some would argue LT goes here, for the modern NFL I would have to say that an elite WR has jumped up to that spot. Think of the marquee QB's in the league right now. They each have one guy who is either Elite or very reliable.

Brady - Welker
    Rodgers - Jennings
    Manning has had - Harrison / Wayne - and is in transition to maybe Decker / Thomas
    Eli - Cruz
    Schaub - Andre Johnson

The correlation between elite QB's and WR's is much stronger than elite QB's to elite LT's.

3) LT - See: Blindside.

From here it really depends on the system or scheme implimented.

4) and 5) Tight End / Running Back - Patriots would say TE, Colts would have said TE, Steelers would say RB, ect.

6) Center - Yes he normally calls protection, but many QB's (even Orton) would audible line calls to cover perceived blitzes off the edge.

Am I against drafting Konz? Not particularly. Especially if he becomes a perenial pro-bowl caliber player. But if we are seeking an impact player with this postion, Center would not be the way to go imo. You would have to go with WR, RB, Corner, Pass Rusher (LB / DE), Safety, DT in about that order.

I believe there were some bets going on in this thread and some people should pay up.
    Last edited by JakeNbake; 04-28-2012 at 09:02 PM.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I believe there were some bets going on in this trade and some people should pay up.
    Lol good bump.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBronco View Post
    One scout tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Wisconsin C Peter Konz "may be the smartest guy in this whole draft.""Hell of a football player," the scout said. "Oh, my God, he's a genius on the board. Genius. We put him on the board and he blew it away. Great kid." While there are concerns over Konz's height (6'5") and strength, Bucs GM Mark Dominik compares him to six-time Pro Bowler Matt Birk. Rotoworld's Evan Silva projects Konz to the Patriots with the No. 31 overall pick.

Apr 20 - 9:39 AMSource: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
    NOT EVEN IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Let alone OUR first round.

This thread is doing more bumps than Charlie Sheen!
    DENVER STAND UP!!!