Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Doug Martin is the better all around rb, but i still really like Miller because of his speed. I'd take Martin over Miller, but I'd be happy with either.

If we want speed back to compliment McGahee n moreno I'd rather take lemichael James or paed unless miller drops to the end of the 3rd but even then I'd rather take a guy like Hillman in the 4th. Or Jonas gray in the 6th as a power back

Im not a huge fan of the combine but I do like to see measurables Wilson refusing to the endurance test Miller essentially just showing up bothered me a bit. I think when you try to do the drills and show your measurables its good for business and shows comitment not doing it is a poor decision and in poor taste for guys who could have easily been 1st rounders

This is like refusing to interview for a job that you want and expecting to be the #1 candidate.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-25-2012 at 01:23 PM.

5 years from now Lamar Miller will be the best back to come out of this draft even over the beloved Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.55 View Post
    5 years from now Lamar Miller will be the best back to come out of this draft even over the beloved Richardson.
    No offense but i dont take the word from a miami fan, just like i dont from the boise fans in this thread
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    No offense but i dont take the word from a miami fan, just like i dont from the boise fans in this thread
    Just saying, we have done pretty damn well with running backs in the past....

If you're taking a RB in the first round, he'd better be the complete package.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    I am a Miami fan but Im also a coach. I dont make statements I dont think are true

Well coach what abou Turbin 2nd best build only to Richardson, incredibly athletic fairly dynamic and yes a bit beat up.

If a guy like that gets the protection Richardson had (and yes Richardson had a good line and FB who would sometimes block and was fairly good at it) and he stays healthy dont you think he could be the surprise of the draft

David wilson!!!

I love Miller, Turbin and Martin. I would glady take any of them, not as big on Wilson but would take him too.

So it just comes down to who I like best, Miller is my man.

Yea but you're a miami fan

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Well coach what abou Turbin 2nd best build only to Richardson, incredibly athletic fairly dynamic and yes a bit beat up.

If a guy like that gets the protection Richardson had (and yes Richardson had a good line and FB who would sometimes block and was fairly good at it) and he stays healthy dont you think he could be the surprise of the draft
    i dont like turbin at all IMO dont like the way he runs he looks like torain to me

idk not someone i would draft at all
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by coloradomedic View Post
    I like them both. Martin is a complete all around back who can run, catch, and block well. Miller is the game breaking back that can take it to the house on any given play.

Doug Martin doesn't have the top end speed to be a game changer in the NFL, but he can be a solid every down back. Some people want to compare him to Ray Rice, but he's not nearly as fast. He is going to get the tough yards and be a great blocker on the blitz pickup.

Miller can take any given play and turn it into a TD. He has McFadden type potential. He'll probably have to come out on passing downs due his poor blocking though.

Both would be a solid addition, but if you're talking about a first round pick, I'll take the guy who can break the game wide open at any time. That's Miller.
    How fast was Emmitt Smith? Walter Payton?

Vision and accleration are the X-factors that make a great back. Breakaway speed is desirable, but not the end-all be-all.

I don't think Miller runs as tough as McFadden. He also doesn't have McFadden's vision. Those are 2 HUGE issues with Lamar Miller to me.

Miami put out Frank Gore in 2005 since then they have had a couple of players who have barely made it on NFL teams

Then in 2003 they had Willis

Najeh Davenport never impressed me

Also in that year they did have a good trade bait named Clinton

They are due but I wouldnt call 3 picks in 10 years worth mentioning a completely established system o wait it is lol however that doesnt mean you consistently produce the best
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-25-2012 at 02:16 PM.