Page 107 of 330 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4948
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    And we have to pay him less and get more players..... Crap this sucks lol
    We could have spent the 25th pick on him but instead we're going to use the 36th and also gain a 4th round

This is terrible
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    So if we get an equal talent at #36 that NE got at #25 (I feel Hightower was a mid 2nd talent anyways), didn't NE make us better with a free 4th?

It is all relative...
    1. It's still helping New England (but at least we got some extra value out of that one, but not GOOD value)

2. We didn't get an extra pick from Tampa Bay

Well, it is what it is. I just don't understand it.

Just hoping we can make something happen tomorrow to make this all worth it.
    Last edited by yaz96; 04-26-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Where is this season going?

Quote Originally Posted by HavoK471 View Post
    We could have spent the 25th pick on him but instead we're going to use the 36th and also gain a 4th round

This is terrible
    I hate when we get our target and more picks... Can we just forfeit all our picks? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Mayock laughed when they talked about it and Eisen sounded confused when saying it as well...as in "wait, what???"

So disappointed ..
    Your acting like we just traded manning or something

Chill out and grow up jeez

Im not worried one bit about the trades. I love the fact the Tampa Bay moved up to draft Doug Martin. Im glad the Vikings moved back up to take Harrison Smith.

2 players i did not want on the team.

Our target isnt at 36.. you people are so silly..

if our target is at 36 we had the worst board in the country..

Company load.. you swallow'd.

Quote Originally Posted by youmind View Post

Well of course our top targets weren't, but they were all gone by 17. After that what we wanted at 25 could be had at 36. It's that simple.

So you think we had a plan to forgo better players for dumpster diving? like there wasnt anyone at 25 that would be better at a position of need than is avalible at 36. Come on man... Youre swallowing the company load and wondering when its gonna get salty. They got burnt and ripped off and now are sugar coating it. look at elways presser.. thats a man who just lost a game. Look at it.. honestly.. that is the cat that ate the bird.
    They've already said their board is the same now than it was at 25. So they didn't like what they saw in hightower, martin, etc.
    Players have to fit schemes. You don't draft a guy because mel kiper told you he's ranked as his best available. Schemes, character, styles, learning curves. This all depends on the team tendencies.Maybe we should wait until we see the big picture before we already write this draft off.

I've Got It!

My contacts inside Dove Valley have gone to great lengths to obtain this, and I'm taking great risk by posting it here. It's the top-secret official strategic plan of the Broncos' FO in orchestrating today's brilliant trades!

Smart (by Shel Silverstein)

My dad gave me one dollar bill
    'Cause I'm his smartest son,
    And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
    'Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
    And traded them to Lou
    For three dimes -- I guess he didn't know
    That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
    And just 'cause he can't see
    He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
    And four is more than three!

And then I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
    Down at the seed-feed store,
    And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
    And five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
    And he got red in the cheeks
    And closed his eyes and shook his head --
    Too proud of me to speak!
    Can't believe I ever doubted the genius of these guys!

Elway actually said the board was the same even at #22. My guess is they looked at their grades and saw the same thing for picks 22-45...we may trade down again.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by jaycuthroat View Post
    Your acting like we just traded manning or something

Chill out and grow up jeez
    Is this a serious post?

It was a bad trade ...both of them, but the second one especially (well depending on what Hightower does) if he turns out great that was really even more of a horrible trade but the 2nd one made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Is this a serious post?

It was a bad trade ...both of them, but the second one especially (well depending on what Hightower does) if he turns out great that was really even more of a horrible trade but the 2nd one made no sense
    You act as if the players taken in our spot would be players we wanted. Obviously not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Elway actually said the board was the same even at #22. My guess is they looked at their grades and saw the same thing for picks 22-45...we may trade down again.
    That means they're even worse talent evaluators..if we're talking impact players in a BPA strategy ...you really don't think the guys on the board right now aren't the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    You act as if the players taken in our spot would be players we wanted. Obviously not the case.
    It's because all that matters is the trade value chart and not how the players turn out lol

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Elway speaking. "Well, we didn't get any better yet, but we will tomorrow," he says to open.

Elway said they had players targeted that didn't make it to them at No. 25.

"It's not real thick at the top but it's deep through the middle rounds," Elway says of the draft.

Elway expects some of their targets at No. 25 to be available at No. 36. #Broncos

"Our board looks pretty much the same, even with the picks after us (at 25)," Elway says.

Elway said the Broncos did not try to move up. #Broncos

Elway: "We got a lot of calls today at 25, and at 31 we got a bunch of calls." #Broncos

"The point values of going back -- we're probably losing point value," Elway said. #Broncos

As of now, the Broncos have five picks between 36 and 120. And I don't think they're done. Still expect them to use 4ths to add extra 3rd.

https://twitter.com/#!/maxbroncos

We gained extra picks, and can add another 3rd tommorow if we want too.

We can still get a pretty good player at 36, and with our other 2nd. Let's see what happens tommorow before bashing EFX.

Elway says that they had targets that didn't make it to them at 25. If those targets didn't make it to them, what do you expect them to do?

Do you want them to take other targets that they can get with later picks while picking up extra or better picks or do you want them to take a player they don't want just because he's graded at that spot?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!