Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    And them undrafted players are good too. We should give them a chance! Stop whining everyone there are still players on the board waiting to be picked! lol

For those of you saying we are pissed about not reaching for a player you are dead wrong. Its the VALUE of the trades we are pissed about. I'm glad we traded down, not glad about the raping we got in the process....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Anyone listen to the press conference after round 1 with Elway? Of course our soft ass media doesn't grill him with the stupid trade values......
    I would've

Careless who it is...if it was Champ I would've ...

Stupid trades period ...

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I think the one thing people are not really realizing is that our biggest need is DT and since we traded down zero have been taken. And unless someone jumps in front of us i expect none to be drafted until we pick. We can get the same guy without the first round pressure.

Think about it. If knowshon and ayers were not first round picks i believe alot of people including myself would be satisfied with them or at least have a better opinion about them and where they are at right now as players. Im not saying whoever we pick will get a pass to suck or under achieve but that they don't have that necessary pressure that comes with being a first round pick.
    I think that's the best point. It's like we traded back and then 5 future All-Pro DT's were taken off the board.

It's okay to be upset, I just wish people wouldn't complain so much.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I think the one thing people are not really realizing is that our biggest need is DT and since we traded down zero have been taken. And unless someone jumps in front of us i expect none to be drafted until we pick. We can get the same guy without the first round pressure.

Think about it. If knowshon and ayers were not first round picks i believe alot of people including myself would be satisfied with them or at least have a better opinion about them and where they are at right now as players. Im not saying whoever we pick will get a pass to suck or under achieve but that they don't have that necessary pressure that comes with being a first round pick.
    according to elway though, we are not really that interested in DT's. His words not mine. He thinks our DT's are fine so we are going to draft purely on impact.

Thats what makes this weird. Usually if your philosophy is best available talent, you dont trade down multiple times. Now if you are drafting need, you might trade down for more picks and hope to find a gem down late.

I'm actually happy with what they did ... Mite not have been ideal but they gained an extra pick for the same player that they was going to draft with the first ....

Worthy,Still's,Miller .. They could have very easily drafted them players in the first wo much criticism .. But because they didn't get the trade value or prospect we think we should have got it then becomes an issue ... I don't see it that way ..

The value sucked.......But honestly the value at 25 was worse. The value at 31 was terrible.....I just hope that they see there is still no real value at 36 and ditch that for a 1st next season
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    according to elway though, we are not really that interested in DT's. His words not mine. He thinks our DT's are fine so we are going to draft purely on impact.

Thats what makes this weird. Usually if your philosophy is best available talent, you dont trade down multiple times. Now if you are drafting need, you might trade down for more picks and hope to find a gem down late.
    Wow I didn't think of it this way at all. This seams to make a lot of sense. Drafting BPA doesn't mean you trade down at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I'm not saying everybody should be, I'm saying people shouldn't act like little kids who had to wait an extra day to open all their presents on Christmas. Saying stuff like "Elway got bullied" makes absolutely no sense. It's like people think other guys walked into our draft room and threatened to punch John in the face if he didn't accept the trade and he just cried and said okay.

Wah wah wah Broncos suck EFX sux Elway sux way to waste my night wah wah wah wah wah wah. If all you care about is who the Broncos draft just don't tune in until it's our spot and stop acting like a 5 year old.
    I agree some people are over dramatic about it, but you are pretty over dramatic about them being over dramatic. We all have an opinion. You can love the trade, that's fine, but you can also let others point out why they dont like it. I think if this was McD drafting for impact and trading out of the first for late round picks, more people would be mad.

Draft Day Trades with Draft Value

Here are the trades:
    Draft pick values are in parentheses.

Trade #1:

New England Patriots: Acquire pick No. 25 (720) in 2012

Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 31 (600) and No. 126 (46) in 2012

Total: Patriots 720, Broncos 646

720 - 646 = 74. 74 Points = Middle Round 4 pick (LOSS)

Summary: We actually gave NE a 4th round pick for us to move back.

Trade # 2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Acquire picks No. 31 (600) and No. 126 (46) in 2012

Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 36 (540) and No. 101 (96) in 2012

Bucs: 600+46 = 646
    Broncos: 540+96 = 636

646-636 =10. 10 points = Middle 7th round pick (LOSS)

Summary: We gave up an early 4th and middle 7th round pick to move back in the trades we made today. Elway says we gained extra picks, but we actually lost value.

In comparison, here is the trade the Ravens made:

Minnesota Vikings: Acquire pick No. 29 (640) in 2012

Baltimore Ravens: Acquire picks No. 35 (550) and No. 98 (108) in 2012

Vikings: 640
    Ravens: 550+108 = 658

658-640 = 18. 18 Points = Middle 6th rounder (GAIN)

The Ravens were actually given value to move back. We gave up value to move back. Makes no sense.

~~~

I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why we made these types of deals? Does our FO not believe in the value chart? Is it outdated? I dont understand what they were thinking!

~~~

This is a zero sum game. If one team makes a profit that means the other team loses that amount. We were on the wrong end of the trades today, we took a big loss in a situation were we traded back!!!!! I cant even begin to explain how terrible of a deal that was. We should have been given more value to move back! In the correct order of the universe, a team has to give up something to move up. The team that moves back shouldnt do that! This is unbelievable!!! This is like a parallel universe! Terrible trades!

Heres the chart I used: http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Cheer up guys. You can be the best talent evaluator and negotiator in the world, but everyone needs to get lucky past the top ten or so picks. We didn't get the best deal available, but that doesn't necessarily translate to how good the players are going to be. That's the important part.

After some of McD's moves, we shouldn't be too disappointed.

Yeah and the Vikings also weren't interested in Matt Kalil... All teams give out smoke screens. There's a solid bunch of DT's and Corners left on the board and only 3 teams ahead of us tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Wow I didn't think of it this way at all. This seams to make a lot of sense. Drafting BPA doesn't mean you trade down at all....
    Nope, it really doesnt. The farther back you draft, its pretty easy to correlate with a lower percentage of impact players. There are the brady's and TD's out there, but they are rare. Most late round picks fill a spot and can be good, but the odds are impacts are found in top tier.

I will say that my personal beef is passing on mercillus who I didnt think would be there. If we happen to take curry I wouldnt be upset becuase that guy did nothing but make plays in college. But from the trades it appears we are looking need based or else we would have taken Whitney mercillus in my opinion.

I wouldn't even be particularly mad at the trade if they didn't somehow get manage to pull off something objectively worse than the ravens in literally every way. But there were great players barely before 25 and if they could trade a (statistically almost worthless) 4th rounder to move up and get them I have no clue why they'd decide they'd rather move back knowing trade value was against them and pick up another trash pick.