Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Draft Day 1 Trades Explained

Since so many people are freaking out, we should at least know what we actually traded and what we got in exchange.

Between the two trades we ultimately gave the 25th to move to the 36th and got the 101st in exchange.

I'll explain.

1. We traded the 25th to move to the 31st and got the 126th pick in exchange from the Pats.

2. We traded the 31st to move to the 36th and we also traded the 126th that we got from the Pats in exchange for the 101st.

So as I stated earlier, we basically gave our 25th to move to the 36th and got the 101st in exchange.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Disapointing Denver gave their biggest enemy for the next few years the second best linebacker in the draft for virtually free..

Should've told Bill "your late 2nd this year or a 2nd next year or no Hightower"

You don't make it easy for that team to make their D that much better

ANYONE consider this?

Somebody please post the Ravens trade here as well

yeah crappy value

disappointed a 4th is all we could get for moving back 11 spots

Quote Originally Posted by thewiseguy View Post
    Somebody please post the Ravens trade here as well
    The Ravens gave the 29th to move to the 35th and got the 98th in exchange.

we got royally hosed.
    2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Could have been better value but I think everyone knew we wanted to trade down more than they wanted to trade up. Either way we pick 4th tomorrow and there are plenty of first round talents still on the board courtesy of several first round reaches. Can't wait until tomorrow.

We should have gotten a third, like that other team got...wait...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I don't care... Yeah, the value isn't the best, but you guys would have been happier if we had stayed and drafted player A at 25 than if we trade back, grab an extra 4th, and draft player A at 36.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Could have been better value but I think everyone knew we wanted to trade down more than they wanted to trade up. Either way we pick 4th tomorrow and there are plenty of first round talents still on the board courtesy of several first round reaches. Can't wait until tomorrow.
    I just wish we would've talked with the Vikes. We would've been better off getting what they gave the Ravens for their 29th than what we ended up getting for our 25th. Hopefully they learn from in for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    The Ravens gave the 29th to move to the 35th and got the 98th in exchange.
    yep, right here is what makes you wonder. People have said, if the FO could have got something better they would have. Hmmmm . . . 29 to 35 for the 98th. That sounds a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I don't care... Yeah, the value isn't the best, but you guys would have been happier if we had stayed and drafted player A at 25 than if we trade back, grab an extra 4th, and draft player A at 36.
    I'm perfectly fine with trading down. The Pats have done it successfully for years. I don't like the fact that we looked stupid after the Ravens Vikes trade went down, though. It just made it look like either they are really good negotiators or we were just bad negotiators or both.

Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    yep, right here is what makes you wonder. People have said, if the FO could have got something better they would have. Hmmmm . . . 29 to 35 for the 98th. That sounds a lot better.
    Yeah you're right I'm sure we got that offer and then just said no, screw ya'll, we're taking a worse deal.

We have 3 4th rounders now, with one of them being pretty early.

So look for us to use those to move the early 4th to a 3rd, imo.

I'm excited for tomorrow
    Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)