Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 179
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Problem was our partner. They didn't have much to offer. They didnt have their original 4th round pick. They grabbed when from JAX when they traded down in the 1st round. They didn't want to go pickless in the 4th round.

    I bet they offered us their 5th, or swapping 4ths.

    We probably should have called MIN, but maybe we did and they weren't ready to act then?
    exactly take what you can get if you think trading back is the best option

    you only have 10 minutes since teams dont know who is going a few picks before you

    id rather have that early 4th than that early fifth and late fourth
    -------

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,075
    They actually traded quickly, so perhaps they contacted everyone ahead of them and they liked the value we got the best

    Tampa wanted Martin the only reason they traded back in, so the Vikings werent likely to bite nor were any of the others
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-27-2012 at 09:02 AM.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,066
    Quote Originally Posted by L-TRAIN View Post
    Ok the real question is who would you want them to pick at 25 that is now off the board?
    Bet you anything whoever they would have taken at 25 is still there when we draft in the second and we still get that player anyway. What makes me laugh is I bet whoever we draft in the second if we had taken him at 25 people wouldn't complain but since we traded back and gained draft picks (but not as many as the armchair gm association would have preferred) people will throw a fit....


    I can't stand the know it alls on this board when it comes to FO moves....Most of them are sure they could run the team better than our FO who all have years more experience than them.


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,066
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Problem was our partner. They didn't have much to offer. They didnt have their original 4th round pick. They grabbed when from JAX when they traded down in the 1st round. They didn't want to go pickless in the 4th round.

    I bet they offered us their 5th, or swapping 4ths.

    We probably should have called MIN, but maybe we did and they weren't ready to act then?
    Careful your argument makes too much logical sense and will likely be shot down based off logical content.


  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,066
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Someone needs to pass out the valium around here people are freaking out!!
    They always do this time of year.....Most of them have our entire draft planned out and when it doesn't even come close to what they planned they question what the heck our FO is doing...


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    128
    Sure it is exciting to have our team pick a player in round 1. But gaining extra picks are valuable to making this championship run. Elway always said he will stick to the board and will not just reach or pick for need. At the same time they know who they are targeting and will get in the second. Put your egos aside and trust are FO. Until they make mistakes in this draft quit complaining!!!!!
    The Train stops here!!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,066
    Quote Originally Posted by L-TRAIN View Post
    Sure it is exciting to have our team pick a player in round 1. But gaining extra picks are valuable to making this championship run. Elway always said he will stick to the board and will not just reach or pick for need. At the same time they know who they are targeting and will get in the second. Put your egos aside and trust are FO. Until they make mistakes in this draft quit complaining!!!!!
    Exactly! I mean seriously they could have picked the player they were targeting in the first, pay him more OR they can gain a few draft picks and still get that player later in the second.


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Front Range, Colorado
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Exactly! I mean seriously they could have picked the player they were targeting in the first, pay him more OR they can gain a few draft picks and still get that player later in the second.
    There is not a big difference in salary between 31 and 36, and had they GAINED A FEW draft picks that would have been awesome! But they didn't. They gained ONE 4th round pick, not even one for each move down.
    Where is this season going?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,075
    but baby wants his baba

    they are complaining because they wanted us to reach for the best player or try and sell the farm and try and reach for a player thats higher ranked.

    The best teams play the draft they dont go shooting around in the dark
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-27-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Front Range, Colorado
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    but baby wants his baba

    they are complaining because they wanted us to reach for the best player or try and sell the farm and try and reach for a player thats higher ranked

    The best teams play the draft they dont go shooting around in the dark
    I don't think so...

    That's not what I'm reading.

    I see people saying we could have put ourselves in a better position than what we find ourselves in now.
    Where is this season going?

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,075
    We could have drafted Worthy at 31 yes and not moved up 27 picks (which by the way would have cost a lot to do, enough to warrent it as another 4th.) but we didnt because it was still a reach and we wanted better value, chances are unless someone trades infront of us we are getting Worthy still

    Chances are the Bucs were the only ones infront of the Jags that wanted a RB in the 1st so it was the best trade we could have gotten anyway

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,288
    The bottom line for me is that the Ravens were picking behind us and now they're picking ahead of us. No players were picked by either team and no players were involved in trades. They just came out much better on the trade department than we did.

    "We did the best we could." "The cards just didn't fall our way." "Ravens have Ozzie." "At least we traded back."

    I love the fact that we traded back. It was a great move. I don't like the fact that the Ravens came out so far ahead of us. I'm not going to like that fact. I'm furious about that fact. Just because "we did the right move" and "did the best we could" does not mean that I can't be angry about the outcome.

    We can't be sure of what happened in the war room. We have no idea how quickly EFX decided to trade that pick - how many calls they fielded before finding the trade they wanted. All I do know is that when it came down to it, Ozzie came out better than EFX, and that's embarrassing to me.

    Yes, we'll still get our guy at #36. I love that we traded back and can still get our guy at #36. We have to worry about the Ravens (however slight the chance may be) take our guy at #35, because they came out ahead of us when we both traded. That's annoying as hell.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    290
    I think some of you are missing the point here. The problem is NOT that we traded down. The problem is the value of the trade(s) that were made. We at least got a PICK from NE by moving down, UNLIKE the trade with TB. If we had gotten TWO picks instead of one, then I'm sure a lot on this board wouldn't feel like the Broncos got shafted.
    [center][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center]

    [center] [/center]

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmedai View Post
    I think some of you are missing the point here. The problem is NOT that we traded down. The problem is the value of the trade(s) that were made. We at least got a PICK from NE by moving down, UNLIKE the trade with TB. If we had gotten TWO picks instead of one, then I'm sure a lot on this board wouldn't feel the Broncos got shafted.
    the TB was basically trading up a round almost a 4 for a 5

    you cant do to much about what teams are offering you
    -------

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Bet you anything whoever they would have taken at 25 is still there when we draft in the second and we still get that player anyway. What makes me laugh is I bet whoever we draft in the second if we had taken him at 25 people wouldn't complain but since we traded back and gained draft picks (but not as many as the armchair gm association would have preferred) people will throw a fit....


    I can't stand the know it alls on this board when it comes to FO moves....Most of them are sure they could run the team better than our FO who all have years more experience than them.
    Its true that there are some people going overboard on here, but some people have reasonable points. We took the 25th overall pick and turned it into the 36th and 101 picks. The Ravens took the 29th pick and turned it into the 35th and 98th picks. On top of that it took us two trades and we still came out worse in both rounds. That just looks bad. Regardless of who they end up picking, they did a bad job with those trades.

    I'm not going to freak out over it. We screwed up, but its only Elway's 2nd try at this and Fox hasn't been known as a draft guru, so its to be expected. Hopefully, it was just a mistake that they will learn from.

    On a side note, its perfectly reasonable to criticize these gms and coaches when they screw up. They get paid A LOT of money to do what they do, so there are high expectations of them. They shouldn't just get a free pass based on them getting jobs working for the NFL.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •