Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I'm not going to freak out, I'm just going to say this:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by denver9ers View Post
    Is that the pre-Rookie Salary Cap chart, or one made after? My understanding was that 1st round picks increased in value with the rookie cap in place.
    It says 2011, which was when the rookie salary cap started. However, if its an old chart, it means the picks we gave up were worth even more than I had accounted for. It would mean we got hosed even more than previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    It says 2011, which was when the rookie salary cap started. However, if its an old chart, it means the picks we gave up were worth even more than I had accounted for. It would mean we got hosed even more than previously thought.
    Yeah I wonder if some front offices are getting skunked right now because they don't yet have a handle on the impact the rookie cap has - it wasn't in place for last year's draft, since the CBA wasn't done. The cap only came into effect when it came time to sign the picks in 2011.

The problem with this whole thing is that you are only given a limited number of picks. They dont grow on trees. When you let picks get away, youre really cheating yourself.

We should have an extra 3rd rounder from that NE trade instead of a 4th rounder, to make that trade fair it should have been their 3rd plus a late rounder. That can make a huge difference!

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Dude no one follows that chart anymore. It's pointless
    It's the Walter 2012 version.

Looks like the ravens did

Quote Originally Posted by fightinglee View Post
    I dont know what McD was doing. I couldnt figure him out at all. I dont think he thought he was reaching. I think he was just an idiot.

The thing is, Denver needs a lot. There is not just one position of need. You could pretty much upgrade any defensive position on our team.
    Ok, lets look at the defensive players taken from the 25th spot. You have 4 defensive players, 2 DE, 1 S, and 1LB. (We have a pretty good set of DE's, We drafted two safties last year and we brought in a Vet Safety in FA, We drafted one ILB last year and have a decent set of LB's)

Now lets look at offense. There were also 4 players a G, WR, and 2 RB's.

Now I will say that it is possible that one of the RB's or a guard could have helped, but you just do not know until they hit the field.

Would any of these guys been an impact player or an upgrade to what we already have on the team?

Apperantly the FO thought that the players here were not of that much greater value to what will be there a little later.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Ok, lets look at the defensive players taken from the 25th spot. You have 4 defensive players, 2 DE, 1 S, and 1LB. (We have a pretty good set of DE's, We drafted two safties last year and we brought in a Vet Safety in FA, We drafted one ILB last year and have a decent set of LB's)

Now lets look at offense. There were also 4 players a G, WR, and 2 RB's.

Now I will say that it is possible that one of the RB's or a guard could have helped, but you just do not know until they hit the field.

Would any of these guys been an impact player or an upgrade to what we already have on the team?

Apperantly the FO thought that the players here were not of that much greater value to what will be there a little later.
    I don't have a problem with them moving back. I have a problem giving up a pick of their own to move back.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I'm not going to freak out, I'm just going to say this:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Could you elaborate? I don't see how this phrase applies in this instance I am misunderstanding.

It would seem to me we have no birds.

When good players like decastro slide all the way down to the 24th pick, thats usually the first cue to stockpile picks and hope more value picks slide, if you guys dont understand we are trying to steal some impact players in the next couple days

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Could you elaborate? I don't see how this phrase applies in this instance I am misunderstanding.

lol. this.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

We have pick 36 and 101 , Should be 36 and 82

Gave up 19 spots for FREE

Yeah, who cares about draft trade value charts at this stage in the draft!!!??? If noone trades with them then they are forced to make the pick. Elway will get one of his guys at 36 and still get another 4th which he can move for a 3rd.
    The Train stops here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    lol. this.
    What if the guys we are "tracking" end up getting traded up for?

Can you spell screwed?

A bird in the hand (a guy we couldve drafted) is worth two in the bush (guys were hoping, nee, praying no one beats us to)

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
    I really don't understand some people on here, we traded back 13 spots acquired 2 picks in a deep draft class. Imagine If we reached for worthy at 25, that would force us to reach on more players of need. EFX draft strategy has been to find starters and we can still get about 4 quality starters mixed in with some decent impact players. CHILL
    This isn't what happened. We traded #25 to NE for #31 and #126. We then traded #31 and #126 to TB for #36 and #101. End result being that we moved back 11 spots for an early 4th round pick, not two 4th round picks

Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    I don't have a problem with them moving back. I have a problem giving up a pick of their own to move back.
    Now, they didnt give up additional picks of their own to move back. However, according to draft value, they surrended whats equal to a 4th round pick to move back.

Its like they traded a Mickey Mantle baseball card for a Tom Glavine and Chipper Jones.

Yea they got extra cards, but they should have gotten more.