View Poll Results: The next position Denver will draft is...

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • CB

    34 54.84%
  • S

    3 4.84%
  • DE

    2 3.23%
  • DT

    10 16.13%
  • OG

    5 8.06%
  • OT

    0 0%
  • WR

    8 12.90%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 178
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Wolfe is a reach, no question about that. Now we should wait and see if this reach did worth it.

    Osweiler is a good pick. The guy is very talented, strong armed, really really tall. And he is young. He was the 5th best QB of the draft. #57 pick is a very good spot to take him, especially when top 2 picks were obvious QBs already. I strongly think he is our future.

    Ronnie Hillman? God! This boy is flying on the turf. Awesome acceleration and evasiveness, he makes the defensive lines look pathetic. He looks as a small target on the field.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Windsor, Co
    Posts
    233
    Everyone in Denver is going to love Wolfe.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iJsmdwFcPyg

    Oh yeah and this:
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/4...oduction-ratio

    someone else posted that in another thread
    Last edited by PioneerBroncFan; 04-28-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: links

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    8,624
    I feel we have reached with every pick, all good players... But didn't feel we needed to drafted them as early as we did.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,563
    i don't actually think many experts don't like th epicks. most seem to be like hte draft and i don't see any one putting us a draft loser

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,170
    I must admitt im not thrilled with any picks so far with better players on the board in opinion. But I can live with the picks.

    I really wanted Jerel Worthy or Kandell Reyes at 36 but we took Wolfe instead. I think Wolfe is a blue collar type player but its hard for me to see the immediate impact that Elway said we were going to draft. Yes Wolfe comes at a position of need but at 36 when there is a possiblity of getting him at 57. The value doesnt make sense to me.

    On to the Osweiler pick I get the whole future QB plan and I like the kid but how could he be the best player on the Broncos board at 57 as John Fox said he was?

    Now the Hillman pick. I like the pick but Im not thrilled we moved up 20 spots to pick him over Bernard Pierce, Lamar Miller (who i cant believe is still there), Chris Polk, and Robert Turbin. I think we could have stayed at 87 and got him. But If he turns out to be a Sproles 2.0 then moving up 20 spots is justified.

    Heres to hoping all 3 of these guys turn out to be impact players at some point in their careers while in Denver.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I feel we have reached with every pick, all good players... But didn't feel we needed to drafted them as early as we did.
    I am argueing with another guy about this but was just wondering a few things about this comment. Not fighting though.

    1: Wolfe.

    Wolfe was informed that he would be a 1st round pick or possibly early 2nd round. I guess that is by NFL teams. Then Mel Kiper said the same. Despite the fact I don't put any worth into his opinion he does the reseacrh and has that job. I don't think it was a reach. And NFL teams clearly have different grades then the stuff mass media feed people. I personally have never personally scouted Wolfe like I have with the other guys. However I do remember asking all of you the question a while ago of where he will go and I believe you did say 2nd round. That is where we did take him.

    2: Oswieler.

    It is very wishful thinking to say he would have been there later. Especially at our original 3rd round pick. Oswieler was the next best quarterback after the first rounders. And in the 3rd before our original 3rd Wilson went off the board and Foles went in the 3rd also. It is highly unlikely he would have fell that far. And also you once mocked him in a first round mock to go 17th overall. So you clearly liked what he had to offer. So I don't see it as a reach at all.

    3: Hillman.

    I actually done no research on him either. I was more interested in guys who would be every down backs. Like Wilson, Miller, Martin, Ballard and possibly Pead. Them sorts of guys. But doing my research now I like what Hillman will offer to the offense. Explosivness and speed. I think there was obviously a reason we traded up. I think in the NFL circles they have shown that all teams have guys graded much differently then the media does. I don't think Hillmans talent is a reach in the 3rd.

    I personally would give the draft a solid B right now. I am hoping we get a big run stuffer like Chapman or a cornerback like Minnifield or Dennard. That would be perfect and an A+ for the 4th round.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,850
    Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I feel we have reached with every pick, all good players... But didn't feel we needed to drafted them as early as we did.
    I agree with this. I feel we could have swapped hill with Martin and still gotten Wolfe and Os.

    Who we get with our next pick will need to be figured out before we grade it because we get them and Hill instead of Martin.

    Maybe I am grading Wolfe too far down tho.

    I understand all the picks and trades atleast.

    Trying to keep the faith in the FO.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Windsor, Co
    Posts
    233
    These players look worth it to me. I am excited, I can't sleep. Can't you tell? I am not sold on Osweiller and would have rather had cousins but I am absolutely sure the FO is sure on that one.

    Ronnie Hillman Highlight video: OMG
    CP Lightningrobbob for this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNWP...layer_embedded

    Derek Wolfe Highlight Video: He looks nasty
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iJsmdwFcPyg

    If we do happen to get or have a single person that commands a double team not named Miller, Doomerville, or Wolfe....look out

    And Hillman catching passes from Manning? LOL

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I agree with this. I feel we could have swapped hill with Martin and still gotten Wolfe and Os.

    Who we get with our next pick will need to be figured out before we grade it because we get them and Hill instead of Martin.

    Maybe I am grading Wolfe too far down tho.

    I understand all the picks and trades atleast.

    Trying to keep the faith in the FO.
    This Front Office has done nothing but good things. It is pretty easy keeping faith in them. Apart from the trading Jabar Gaffney move and overpaying for Ty Warren I don't see anything bad really at all. And I guess you are talking about Doug Martin ? I am very glad we did not use a first rounder on him. I would have been very mad at that. Him in the first round is not my idea of value. Him in the late second is however he just isn't special. He is solid. But top 32. I don't think so.

    We have the 101st pick. There is talent out there. I think we will be much better off having Wolfe and the next guy we pick. Hopefully Chapman, Ta'amu, Dennard or Minnifield

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Windsor, Co
    Posts
    233
    I am just glad we didn't pick Lamaar Miller. Find me video of him breaking a tackle cause I couldn't find it. He was really fast.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    217
    How do we know its a reach though? In the public and in the media?? Maybe the scouts and teams in the NFL had Wolfe and Hillman up high just like the Broncos did.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    8,624
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am argueing with another guy about this but was just wondering a few things about this comment. Not fighting though.

    1: Wolfe.

    Wolfe was informed that he would be a 1st round pick or possibly early 2nd round. I guess that is by NFL teams. Then Mel Kiper said the same. Despite the fact I don't put any worth into his opinion he does the reseacrh and has that job. I don't think it was a reach. And NFL teams clearly have different grades then the stuff mass media feed people. I personally have never personally scouted Wolfe like I have with the other guys. However I do remember asking all of you the question a while ago of where he will go and I believe you did say 2nd round. That is where we did take him.

    2: Oswieler.

    It is very wishful thinking to say he would have been there later. Especially at our original 3rd round pick. Oswieler was the next best quarterback after the first rounders. And in the 3rd before our original 3rd Wilson went off the board and Foles went in the 3rd also. It is highly unlikely he would have fell that far. And also you once mocked him in a first round mock to go 17th overall. So you clearly liked what he had to offer. So I don't see it as a reach at all.

    3: Hillman.

    I actually done no research on him either. I was more interested in guys who would be every down backs. Like Wilson, Miller, Martin, Ballard and possibly Pead. Them sorts of guys. But doing my research now I like what Hillman will offer to the offense. Explosivness and speed. I think there was obviously a reason we traded up. I think in the NFL circles they have shown that all teams have guys graded much differently then the media does. I don't think Hillmans talent is a reach in the 3rd.

    I personally would give the draft a solid B right now. I am hoping we get a big run stuffer like Chapman or a cornerback like Minnifield or Dennard. That would be perfect and an A+ for the 4th round.
    I would go into more detail, but I'm on mobile.

    1. I liked Reyes more at 36,and other great talents were available. I really do like Wolfe, but just liked others more at 36.

    2. I had Osweiler going high only because QBs were valued and I thought he would impress at the combine. Kind of like Tannehill's rise. Osweiler is a solid developmental guy, so I have little beef with this pick. But once again, I had other players higher rated. Not specifically QBs, but talented players nonetheless.

    3. When a 4th round oil is good enough to move up in the 1st round trading a 4th and 3rd to move up for a rotational position in a passing league who more than likely would have been at our original pick just grinds my gears. I do like Hillman, and I disagree that he can't be an every down back, just didn't like what we gave up. I actually think we may have a poor man's Shady McCoy with this pick.

    My problem wasn't the players. They are quality players. Just felt the value was 10-20 picks off for each guy.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I would go into more detail, but I'm on mobile.

    1. I liked Reyes more at 36,and other great talents were available. I really do like Wolfe, but just liked others more at 36.
    Understandable. But that is sort of a different debate. That is just picking one guy over the other. In terms of him being a reach is what I disagree with. He was told by the NFL I am guessing or his agent this is your range.

    2. I had Osweiler going high only because QBs were valued and I thought he would impress at the combine. Kind of like Tannehill's rise. Osweiler is a solid developmental guy, so I have little beef with this pick. But once again, I had other players higher rated. Not specifically QBs, but talented players nonetheless.
    Same as my comment above. In terms of him being a reach I disagree with. This was his range. And the other guys who are not as good as him were drafted soon after.

    3. When a 4th round oil is good enough to move up in the 1st round trading a 4th and 3rd to move up for a rotational position in a passing league who more than likely would have been at our original pick just grinds my gears. I do like Hillman, and I disagree that he can't be an every down back, just didn't like what we gave up. I actually think we may have a poor man's Shady McCoy with this pick.
    I will take that. And what I keep thinking when I see highlights is Jamall Charles. Same round. Huge production in college. Smaller speed guys. I like the move. And it was a whole round move up and a much later pick. And the trade value chart which I dislike but still favoured us.

    My problem wasn't the players. They are quality players. Just felt the value was 10-20 picks off for each guy.
    That is not bad then. 10 spots is nothing. Elway or Fox. Can't remember. One of them said to Wolfe he is the player they targeted. So if that is the case they are very happy right now. I am also. However I will be more happy if we take Dennard, Minnifield, Chapman or Ta'amu in the 4th. A combination would be sweet. And very possible.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,813

    Draft Day 3

    Just want to get some opinions of the positions we will be targeting today, personally I think we will go d-line twice and offensive line at least once.

    I would love to see Julian Miller be our first 4th round pick he has the potential to be a very good all round DE for us.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    931
    we have 2 high picks here in round 4, hope two D guys, really round out this draft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •