Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I feel he could play the Charles Woodson position. CB/NB/FS/blitzer. Plus he would add amazing returning abilities! Top 10 pick if he comes out next year. Too much playmaking ability in his game.
    I can't see any team in the top 10 taking a NCB. Mathieu is a zone coverage guy, he'll struggle in man coverage in the NFL especially if someone puts him outside against bigger receivers, he's only 5'9" 175 lbs. Whoever takes Mathieu is taking him to be a return man. And lets not forget this kid has some serious personal issues, yeah they show on the field but they also show off the field. I know some of his family personally from growing up around the area and they talk about him getting into a lot of fights.

I way I view our needs right now.

RB - McGahee and Hillman are fine for this year with Moreno as a third down back. We need a #1 RB in 2013 draft to replace McGahee and pair with Hillman for whenever McGahee is done.

WR - I think we are a quality receiver short, maybe 2 and should of addressed this in the draft. It will be one of our biggest needs in the 2013 draft.

G/T Depth - I like our starters but not much depth. Blake will push Walton at C and maybe start. He provides OG depth but not if he takes over a C.

DE - Need another situational pass rusher to pair with Doom and VM.

DT - Still bare, need another 2 quality young guys.

MLB - BIG need unless Mays learns how to play coverage or Irving becomes a good starter.

S - Adams is a stop gap. I view Bruton as a great ST player but a poor S. HOPEFULLY Moore steps up and will pair with Carter, even if this happens I would like one more young guy moving forward.

BIG NEEDS

WR
    DT

DEPENDS

RB
    MLB
    S

MEDIUM NEEDS

DE
    OG/OT Depth

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

RB - McGahee and Hillman are fine for this year with Moreno as a third down back. We need a #1 RB in 2013 draft to replace McGahee and pair with Hillman for whenever McGahee is done.

WR - I think we are a quality receiver short, maybe 2 and should of addressed this in the draft. It will be one of our biggest needs in the 2013 draft.

G/T Depth - I like our starters but not much depth. Blake will push Walton at C and maybe start. He provides OG depth but not if he takes over a C.

MLB - BIG need unless Mays learns how to play coverage or Irving becomes a good starter.

S - Adams is a stop gap. I view Bruton as a great ST player but a poor S. HOPEFULLY Moore steps up and will pair with Carter, even if this happens I would like one more young guy moving forward.

BIG NEEDS

WR
    DT

DEPENDS

RB
    MLB
    S

MEDIUM NEEDS

DE
    OG/OT Depth
    You are aware the Broncos just took a DT with their top selection, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    You are aware the Broncos just took a DT with their top selection, right?
    Did they ? I must of missed that. I guess our DL is up their with the best then.

Bannan and Warren are stop gaps for a year, 2 tops. Vickerson is an OK rotational player. If we sign MT then he's an OK starter.

Wolfe can pass rush, can he play the run ? Maybe, lets say he does and becomes a good starter. Its not enough. We NEED another 2-3 quality DT's IMO and in 2 years we can jettison Bannan, Warren and Vickerson will be squad depth. MT should be a #4 DT in a rotation.

Manti Te'o is waaaaaaaaaayyyy to low.

BIG NEEDS

WR
    DT

DEPENDS

RB
    MLB
    S

MEDIUM NEEDS

DE
    OG/OT Depth
    I would put RB as a big need right now. Moreno has shown some flashes, but it really wouldn't surprise me if we let him walk in FA after this season. McGahee's contract will also be up, so we'll need a #1 RB to carry the load while Hillman provides the change of pace.

I really like the look of Robinson (and possible Eric Page) as undrafted rookies. Hopefully one or both of them can make the team. Robinson in particular looks like he could be a stud, and would fit in nicely when Osweiler eventually replaces Peyton. Also, I think Caldwell could be a very good #3 WR for us. He has really yet to play big time in the NFL, but I think he could be a great slot guy for Peyton. So I wouldn't have WR as a #1 need right now. Decker and Thomas have the potential to be a great starting duo in this offense.

I agree though, Bannan/Vickerson/Warren are not long term answers at DT and we'll need a new one next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    I would put RB as a big need right now. Moreno has shown some flashes, but it really wouldn't surprise me if we let him walk in FA after this season. McGahee's contract will also be up, so we'll need a #1 RB to carry the load while Hillman provides the change of pace.

I really like the look of Robinson (and possible Eric Page) as undrafted rookies. Hopefully one or both of them can make the team. Robinson in particular looks like he could be a stud, and would fit in nicely when Osweiler eventually replaces Peyton. Also, I think Caldwell could be a very good #3 WR for us. He has really yet to play big time in the NFL, but I think he could be a great slot guy for Peyton. So I wouldn't have WR as a #1 need right now. Decker and Thomas have the potential to be a great starting duo in this offense.

I agree though, Bannan/Vickerson/Warren are not long term answers at DT and we'll need a new one next year as well.
    You're probably right with RB being a big need next draft.

DT is a good #1, I prefer Decker as a slot but lets say he works well outside and Caldwell steps up outside. Willis looked bad last year and has never stepped up, Stokeley is probably a 1 year deal and the UDFA's are projects, but we'll see.

If DT or Decker miss some games we don't have another outside receiver. Caldwell is purely a slot. I just think we're a quality WR short at the moment.

Imagine if we had someone like Michael Floyd paired with DT outside. Decker can work the slot and get open in the zones which is his strength (he is like Stokeley IMO) and Caldwell can use his speed as a #4, the rest can battle it out. I just think we are that ONE receiver short at the moment, I would of liked Gaffney

I think MT is a #4 rotation DT so even if we keep him we need another 2 quality DT's, one who is a run stuffer.

A Safety named E(d) Reid.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Now that we no longer have Ryan McBean a NT of the future seems to be the #1 need. Next years class seems to be deeper then this years at the NT level. I believe Sylvester Williams will drop, and I think he can make a good developmental NT

The only highlight clip I can find. Ignore Robinson.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    ^^^ by the way his name is Marquess Wilson from Washington State
    Having watched Marques Wilson here at WSU his first two years. He is an absolute monster. He is 6'4, he flys, never gets caught from behind. The best parts of his game are his leaping and body control abilities. He's like Brandon Llyod with the some of the crazy ways he can move his body while in the air to catch the ball. He does this and he has great speed.

The only negative is that he is a little bit lazy. He doesnt go 100% during practices from the ones I have seen. Mike Leach is doing his best to fix that problem.

With the new offense here at WSU, I expect Marques to push 120 recs and 1700 yards. He's going to be a high first round pick.

BIG NEEDS

WR
    DT

DEPENDS

RB
    MLB
    S

MEDIUM NEEDS

DE
    OG/OT Depth
    Yeah I worry Blake has endurance problems like Walton since hes shown sines of it, but if he starts Walton can provide some G depth if worse comes to worse

If Beal develops we have a passing down DE if not Hunter will continue to play in that part of the rotation as well as relief for Doom. Blatnick is a guy who can provide a small pass rush of maybe 3.5 sacks a year but he can get into the backfield, hes not great but hes not horrible depth

BIG NEEDS

WR
    DT

DEPENDS

RB
    MLB
    S

MEDIUM NEEDS

DE
    OG/OT Depth
    I disagree that WR is a big need, in fact I think it's one of our deepest positions.

Eric Decker is an exceptional receiver in my opinion. I know he had some bad drops last year, but I think it may have had something to do with Tebow's spiral. I watched Decker play a lot in college and he has some of the surest hands around, and he was regarded as having the best hands in the 2010 receiver class. Decker's a great route runner, understands defenses, knows how to get open, and also has the size and toughness to go up and get the ball or go over the middle of the field- he's a quarterback's best friend. That was apparent last year when we had a true QB like Orton starting. Decker had 20 catches in the 4 games that Orton started and finished, and only 24 the rest of the season. I'm not trying to bash Tebow here, I'm a huge fan of his, I'm just stating facts. I think Decker's going to have a monster year with a cerebral QB like Manning at the helm. I think he can play outside and in the slot. I'd move him around a lot to create mismatches. Having a receiver like him as our #2 receiver is pretty damn good.

DT is starting to come into his own as an NFL wide receiver. He gives us a vertical presence and is also a huge threat after the catch on underneath patterns. He has the potential to be our #1 receiver. I think Decker is a better receiver at this point in time, but if DT continues to develop I think we'll have one of the best receiver tandems in the league.

Our first two receiver spots are set for years to come, and I think we have a lot of quality receivers behind them as well. I'm very high on Eric Page, our UDFA from Toledo. His route-running is off the charts. I'm not exaggerating- he runs routes like Welker and Stokley do. Crisp and precise, and he also uses advanced techniques like stemming and varying speeds that you don't often see in such a young receiver (he's only 20) Page is extremely smart, knows the game, knows how to get open, has great hands. Could be our slot receiver for a long, long time.

After that we have Mark Dell who was looking great in camp last year until he got hurt. Dell is a good possession receiver and could play in the slot and outside. He's better than Willis in my opinion and would be good depth and a great 4th receiver.

Gerell Robinson is raw but has Brandon Marshall/Anquan Boldin like potential. A good developmental prospect that could end up starting for us eventually.

I'm not very high on Andre Caldwell, but my count I just listed five receivers that are all very young and talented. When you consider the utilization of the tight end in our offense were probably only going to have 3 receivers on the field (4 at the most) on any given play. Jacob Tamme and Julius Thomas are essentially just oversized receivers any way. I think were set at the position.
    ---
    Like some others have said, I think RB could be a big need for us. I brought this up in another thread but how about Knile Davis? He's the type of back I would love to have on this team. He's similar to McGahee in that he's a big, strong down-hill runner with good vision, but he has the breakaway speed and make-you-miss ability that McGahee lacks. Long strides and good burst. He can run guys over, but also has the shiftiness and lateral agility to make defenders miss. He's great on the stretch play, and I like him as a receiver out of the backfield as well. I'm not big on running backs in the first round, unless they're a complete back with special talent. I'm talking Peterson, Darren McFadden, Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson type of talent. I think Davis has that kind of talent, and can be a workhorse, every down back at the NFL level. I hope he can stay healthy next year, he's really fun to watch.

I do agree with you that DT is still likely to be a major need. I don't know who our nose tackle is going to be this year, but I'm not encouraged. We'll see how it goes, but there's a good chance we could be in the market for a stout run stuffer in the early rounds next year.

Safety is another position that could be a big need for us. This season is make or break for Rahim Moore. If he can't get on the field, we might have to get another safety to play alongside Carter. The good thing is Carter can play either FS or SS, so that would give us some flexibility in finding another safety.
    Last edited by DaChAmPiShErE24; 05-10-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Check out my NFL Draft website!

We need the same things that we should always draft:

1. NT - need someone to clog up the middle
    2. CB - Porter on a 1-year, Bolden still needs to develop - Bailey and Florence are getting up there
    3. LB - DJ, Woodyard and Mays can't be relied on to win games
    4. OL - always a need (even though our OL is young)
    5. RB - Should be drafted every year - I like Hillman, Fanin and still think Moreno could impress... ok, one more chance.

big needs
    C(not convince walton can hold his own not sure blake can push him)
    DT/NT(good ones come in the second third round JDR found terrence knighton in third so like yeah. second third rounder used her)
    DE(never have enough pass rushers at least some one to spell ayers on obvious pass other then miller)
    SS(rahim moore may grow in but a second or third rounder here)
    CB(we need 2, if bolden pans out theres one but will porter stay here more then a year?. what if Bolden doesn't pan out?)

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait