View Poll Results: How many UFDA's make our team? (practice and roster)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll

1 4.00%

2 8.00%

9 36.00%

4 16.00%

5 20.00%

2 8.00%
  • 6+

2 8.00%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradomedic View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that John Elway will aquire Osi because the Broncos fans on twitter told him to.
    LOL for real! I know the OP means well and I for one would not mind getting OSI if we could swing it. However I doubt Elway makes knee jerk reactions based on what people (fans) post to his Twitter account. Nor should he, however it's at least worth a shot. I for one won't spam Elway but others can if they feel it will help thief cause.

Thx,
    Joe

Huge Eric Page fan here. I wrote a scouting report about him a few months ago if you care to read it. Very excited to have him in the orange and blue!

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-...c-page-profile

Check out my NFL Draft website!

As long as he can structure his deal in a way to not hurt the team's agility to sign what other needs we have I say make it happen. Having him around can't hurt
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    No to Addai.

We already have a slow, injury prone RB in Knowshon Moreno. Plus, he's younger.
    This

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks, MHS!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post
    Wow! You know I did think to myself when I wrote that "what if Cecil sees this" haha.

Well I don't remember the name of the other host, it might have been the guy that covers the rockies on Root Sports. It was on 104.3 The Fan. He was making a point about honestly not knowing that any of the QB's drafted in the later rounds might do better than Andrew Luck, and you kept sort of mocking him like "seriously? You think so and so is better than Andrew Luck"

He had a point, at this moment right now we do not know who will be the best QB. How do we know Andrew won't be the next Ryan Leaf (even with the advances in scouting) and how do we know there isn't a Tom Brady in this draft?

It does make sense that Andrew has a way better chance than Kirk Cousins probably does but it just annoyed me a bit that you kind of saw it as a sure thing, and you took it as a joke. Anyway keep up the hard work man!

Edit: If it helps it all it was during the morning that I heard you guys. Wait... your not on 104.3 are you? Damnit it could have been 102.3 espn lmao
    wasn't me, I'm on 102.3 ESPN and started broadcasting from Radio City Music Hall at noon on Thu and Fri, I was on pretty much all the time after that. Saturday my show started at 11am, Sunday my show started at 9am.
    senior writer: [URL=http://footballguys.com]Footballguys.com[/URL]

NFL Insider [URL=http://denverssportsstation.com]102.3 ESPN[/URL]

How many UDFA's make the broncos team?

Every year we have usually one UDFA that makes the team. They are usually feel good stories and gives me the chance to cheer for the underdog.

This year, I am seeing some extreme talent slip to us via the UDFA's. I am liking quite a few players, and it is not that underdog rooting feeling, but more of how did these guys go undrafted feeling?

Which UFDA players do you think will emerge this year with the Broncos team?
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

[QUOTE=Broncosfan1235;4417717]As much as I would like to agree with that, there are just too many red flags. I'll start with the good... he is a very cerebral player with a fantastic football IQ. He is a great leader and is a proven winner, has great touch, accuracy, and anticipation on short to medium routes. Those are all very good traits for an NFL QB. However, (generously listed) six footers, with very underwhelming arm strength, and marginal athletic ability do not become NFL starters. He was a great college QB, that is (sadly enough) all he will ever be. The easiest QB comparison would be Colt McCoy. Fantastic college careers, but just not physically suited for the NFL. McCoy is bigger, and significantly more athletic, and he is already on his way out. Added to the fact that Moore is an UDFA playing on a team with one of the best QB's in the league(who is only getting better), AND a rock solid backup vet in Hill....I just do not see it, I would love to proven wrong though.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion, but do not agree with it. If you put him in the right system such as the same one Elway, Montana & guys like Steve Young ran for yrs. That West Coast, quick slants, quick hitches. Basically get the ball out of your hand fast. He in my opinion would master it and be absolutely great! The Broncos and Elway ran it during the Shanahan era. So John would be able to implement it, and teach Moore it. He would be awesome in that system. I mean, to me Montana was not athletic, was not tall, did not have the strongest arm but he got rid of the ball quickly with those quick routes to Rice & Taylor. To me Kellen could do the same...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think Eric Page, Judie, Robinson and Franklin make it although I'd love for all of them to make it.

[QUOTE=SuperTebowl #15;4418039]
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan1235 View Post
    As much as I would like to agree with that, there are just too many red flags. I'll start with the good... he is a very cerebral player with a fantastic football IQ. He is a great leader and is a proven winner, has great touch, accuracy, and anticipation on short to medium routes. Those are all very good traits for an NFL QB. However, (generously listed) six footers, with very underwhelming arm strength, and marginal athletic ability do not become NFL starters. He was a great college QB, that is (sadly enough) all he will ever be. The easiest QB comparison would be Colt McCoy. Fantastic college careers, but just not physically suited for the NFL. McCoy is bigger, and significantly more athletic, and he is already on his way out. Added to the fact that Moore is an UDFA playing on a team with one of the best QB's in the league(who is only getting better), AND a rock solid backup vet in Hill....I just do not see it, I would love to proven wrong though.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion, but do not agree with it. If you put him in the right system such as the same one Elway, Montana & guys like Steve Young ran for yrs. That West Coast, quick slants, quick hitches. Basically get the ball out of your hand fast. He in my opinion would master it and be absolutely great! The Broncos and Elway ran it during the Shanahan era. So John would be able to implement it, and teach Moore it. He would be awesome in that system. I mean, to me Montana was not athletic, was not tall, did not have the strongest arm but he got rid of the ball quickly with those quick routes to Rice & Taylor. To me Kellen could do the same...
    Please don't compare Kellen Moore to Joe Montana. Joe Montana had a strong arm and could get the ball out pretty fast, when Kellen tries to get the ball out with a zip, he overthrows it and it becomes very inaccurate. In the modern NFL defenses analyze your game and come up with a game plan in no time. Moore's height, weak arm, and bad pocket presence make it pretty easy to stop. If the defense knows that all you're going to run is quick slants, quick hitches, and plays like that, they'll find a way to stop it and they'll take those plays away and make you try to beat them with the big vertical plays and Moore can't do that. The thing with Montana that made the West Coast System work was that he had the arm strength, accuracy, and pocket presence to keep defenses honest because if they took away the short game, he'll beat them in the long game, so it made the defenses guess a lot and sort of pick their own poison. Joe Montana is one of the best quarterbacks to play the game for a reason, it wasn't just the system. It was his ability to manipulate the system and take it to the top and he pretty much single handedly made it was it is today. Before he played nobody even knew the Bill Walsh system, but you can't plug and play a guy in the system and make him a hall of famer, that was all of Montana's doing combvined with the great coaching of Walsh, but you wouldn't really have one without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle760 View Post
    wasn't me, I'm on 102.3 ESPN and started broadcasting from Radio City Music Hall at noon on Thu and Fri, I was on pretty much all the time after that. Saturday my show started at 11am, Sunday my show started at 9am.
    GAH! Hmmmm... I wonder who it was then lol.. sorry for the false accusation there.

Everyone in this forum CECIL WASN'T ANNOYING THE OTHER DAY ON THE RADIO lol

Page, Judie, Robinson, Franklin, Wuebbels. I think DJ will be traded re gardless of suspension. Picking up that many OLB sure doesn't help me believe we arnt. I think Duke Ihenacho cud take Brutons spot to maybe. Gotta remember new regime so a lot roster moves happen in 1st 2 years...

Wuebbels, Page, and Judie. Other guys will be on practice squad to start the year. Then probably two more will get brought up.

Imo if you guys will accept that of a raiders fan, Knowshon Moreno should be moved over to fullback. I dont think he's such a good running back but he is an excellent blocker and seems to be Denvers best pass catching halfback coming out of the back field. He should be moved not cut or released, but that's just a suggestion.

I'd like to see Judie make it, but I don't think he'll break into the Corps unless injury occurs. Franklin's the same way. I think Eric Page has the best chance to make it thanks to his return abilities.

I don't think any of them make it without injuries happening to our 53.

I've Got The Draft Hangover

Months of reading/listening/watching all the prospects and all the informatiom about what we need to move forward, and all the variables that match 32 teams and 7 rounds of picks, and it can take over your headspace for a long time. And don't forget about all the possibilities when you combine it with Free Agency. And of course, for Bronco fans, we got a major dose of being spoiled when a certain legendary QB chose us over the rest, in his quest to win more SBs.

Yes, for Bronco football fans it's a fest of the highest order......Free Agency and The Draft, back to back and in your face pretty much the day after the season ends. And for me it's an amazing education in assessing our needs, evaluating prospects, getting to know them and their personalities, and generally trying to create the Bronco "big picture", given all the pieces that are laid out on the floor, of the puzzle.

But once that glorious weekend ends, for me anyway, it's a bit of a crash landing back to reality. It's a hangover. And cowbells aren't the solution. Neither is another drink.......although one might go down nicely.

Then again, this is just the beginning of a beautiful ride. 2012 could be a fantastic season. If not, next year will be. And based on the approach taken at the draft, this could definitely be a long, successful run!