View Poll Results: How many UFDA's make our team? (practice and roster)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll

1 4.00%

2 8.00%

9 36.00%

4 16.00%

5 20.00%

2 8.00%
  • 6+

2 8.00%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    yeah with the 2013 draft class its the level they are playing now, that could change as the year goes on.

Everyone seems to have AJ ahead of Blackmon, when its brought up, but is Robert Woods really third ? I have heard some really great things about him. You don't think he is a better prospect then AJ Green ?
    I definitely don't think he's better than Green. I thought Green was the best player in the draft last year. I thought he was a Pro-Bowler and potential All-Pro. He's already made a Pro-Bowl. That draft from last year was ridiculous at the top. Look at all the potential stars. Newton, Von, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt.

Green had height, length, solid speed, good route-running, great hands, elite body control, great fluidity. He dominated the SEC even though his stats would suggest otherwise. He also missed some games due to injury/jersey-selling related suspension which affected his stats. I absolutely loved him as a prospect.

Woods is very productive. In fact, he was much more productive in college than Green. But stats aren't everything and I don't think he's anywhere near as explosive as Green. Green is a better big-play threat. Woods is more productive because he plays in a weaker conference with an offense that passes the ball more and many times throws short passes. Woods catches a ton of short passes. 111 catches last year. Green's LOWEST yard per catch in college was 14.9 playing against SEC defense.The HIGHER of Woods' two years has been 12.2 playing against Pac 10/12 defenses.

Now I think Blackmon versus Woods is much more arguable. I put Blackmon, but it wasn't as clear cut as Green versus Blackmon and Woods. Both have insane production as far as catches, yards, and TDs. I want to see another year out of Woods. I don't think either is truly explosive like a Green, Julio, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
    I definitely don't think he's better than Green. I thought Green was the best player in the draft last year. I thought he was a Pro-Bowler and potential All-Pro. He's already made a Pro-Bowl. That draft from last year was ridiculous at the top. Look at all the potential stars. Newton, Von, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt.

Green had height, length, solid speed, good route-running, great hands, elite body control, great fluidity. He dominated the SEC even though his stats would suggest otherwise. He also missed some games due to injury/jersey-selling related suspension which affected his stats. I absolutely loved him as a prospect.

Woods is very productive. In fact, he was much more productive in college than Green. But stats aren't everything and I don't think he's anywhere near as explosive as Green. Green is a better big-play threat. Woods is more productive because he plays in a weaker conference with an offense that passes the ball more and many times throws short passes. Woods catches a ton of short passes. 111 catches last year. Green's LOWEST yard per catch in college was 14.9 playing against SEC defense.The HIGHER of Woods' two years has been 12.2 playing against Pac 10/12 defenses.

Now I think Blackmon versus Woods is much more arguable. I put Blackmon, but it wasn't as clear cut as Green versus Blackmon and Woods. Both have insane production as far as catches, yards, and TDs. I want to see another year out of Woods. I don't think either is truly explosive like a Green, Julio, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc.
    Thanks for the insight

I guess with Barkley at QB Woods numbers will be big again lol

Honey Badger > All 3 corners listed.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Honey Badger > All 3 corners listed.
    It will be really interesting to see where he's drafted, if he produces again this year.

A true play-maker but how will teams view his size, would they put him up against CJ, AJ and Green

It will be really interesting to see where he's drafted, if he produces again this year.

A true play-maker but how will teams view his size, would they put him up against CJ, AJ and Green
    Those WR's will have a size advantage over every corner in the league. I don't care about his size, he is the definition of a playmaker. He will be one of if not the best returners in the league, and an Elite playmaking Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Those WR's will have a size advantage over every corner in the league. I don't care about his size, he is the definition of a playmaker. He will be one of if not the best returners in the league, and an Elite playmaking Corner.
    He is definitely a playmaker, but not an elite cover guy. Those three guys listed all have more potential as shutdown CBs. Mathieu will most likely be a slot CB. He has some Antoine Winfield in him. Feisty little guy. I want to see how he times in the 40 at his size. As of right now, I think Mathieu will be a late first rounder to a team willing to use him creatively.

I know little of next years draft class so I'm fishing for some help. I will list the top player taken at his position in the last 2 drafts and the top one from the 2013 I have seen from mocks. JJ Watt is ahead of Aldon Smith because Smith plays OLB in a 3-4 for SF.

Also, Bruce Irvin was taken ahead of Coples but its undecided if he will play DE or OLB

I know they may not declare and I know whether they are the top at their position is debatable but lets presume they are, to keep things from getting messy. I'll just list certain position where it could be an interesting debate.

RB - Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Marcus Lattimore

WR - AJ Green, Justin Blackmon, Robert Woods

OT - Tyron Smith, Matt Kalil, DJ Fluker

DE - JJ Watt, Quinton Coples, Sam Montgomery

DT - Marcell Dareus, Fletcher Cox, Jonathon Hankins

OLB - Von Miller, Melvin Ingram, Jelani Jenkins

CB - Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, David Amerson
    I was done reading when you put Ingram ahead of Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    That order is 2011 - 2012 - 2013 for all positions, not my ranking

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    He was just listing the players and positions.

Not ranking them.

I know little of next years draft class so I'm fishing for some help. I will list the top player taken at his position in the last 2 drafts and the top one from the 2013 I have seen from mocks. JJ Watt is ahead of Aldon Smith because Smith plays OLB in a 3-4 for SF.

Also, Bruce Irvin was taken ahead of Coples but its undecided if he will play DE or OLB

I know they may not declare and I know whether they are the top at their position is debatable but lets presume they are, to keep things from getting messy. I'll just list certain position where it could be an interesting debate.

RB - Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Marcus Lattimore

WR - AJ Green, Justin Blackmon, Robert Woods

OT - Tyron Smith, Matt Kalil, DJ Fluker

DE - JJ Watt, Quinton Coples, Sam Montgomery

CB - Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, David Amerson
    RB - Trent Richardson, Marcus Lattimore, Mark Ingram
    Side note, I think David Wilson and Doug Martin are better prospects then Mark Ingram was coming out of Bama

WR - AJ Green, Robert Woods, Marques Wilson, Justin Blackmon
    Note, Robert Woods is Justin Blackmon but with deep speed. Added in Marques Wilson. Little bit of homor in me but I think Marques compares to Randy Moss. Amazing body control, leaping ability, speed, 6'4.

OT - Tyron Smith, DJ Fluker, Matt Kalil
    Note, Tyron Smith has Matt Kalil's athleticism, is stronger, and is a better run blocker. People took into play too much that Smith played RT at USC while Kalil played LT. College coaches makes promises and bad decisions all the time. DJ Fluker is a beast also.

DE - JJ Watt, Sam Montgomery, Coples
    Not a fan of Coples

CB - Morris Claiborne, David Amerson, Patrick Peterson

Whats the record for most UDFA to make the roster

Just want to know what the record is for undrafted free agents to make the final roster because I think the group we have at the moment has a good shot of beating it.

Page and Robinson have an excellent chance of making 4th and 5th wr spot on our roster because after Thomas and Decker the other wr spots are up for grabs

Johnson has a good chance of making back up to Miller

Blatnick is competing with Beal to be Dumerviles back up which is up for grabs

Remmers has a very good chance of beating out Harris to back up Franklin and Clady

Coffey and Franklin will be fighting it out to possible back up Irving or Mays i don't think we keep both

Ihenacho will be fighting it out with Carter, Moore and Adams for playing time

Wuebbels will most likley switch to centre and be Blakes back up, Walton will most likley be cut

Tribue could become back up to Kuper and Beadles as we have nothing behind them

Miller is a long shot to make the TE group due to the FA signings

Judie will be against Thompson and Vaughn for the 5th CB

Brewer is against an ageing Paxton to be the long snapper

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Just want to know what the record is for undrafted free agents to make the final roster because I think the group we have at the moment has a good shot of beating it.

Page and Robinson have an excellent chance of making 4th and 5th wr spot on our roster because after Thomas and Decker the other wr spots are up for grabs

Johnson has a good chance of making back up to Miller

Blatnick is competing with Beal to be Dumerviles back up which is up for grabs

Remmers has a very good chance of beating out Harris to back up Franklin and Clady

Coffey and Franklin will be fighting it out to possible back up Irving or Mays i don't think we keep both

Ihenacho will be fighting it out with Carter, Moore and Adams for playing time

Wuebbels will most likley switch to centre and be Blakes back up, Walton will most likley be cut

Tribue could become back up to Kuper and Beadles as we have nothing behind them

Miller is a long shot to make the TE group due to the FA signings

Judie will be against Thompson and Vaughn for the 5th CB

Brewer is against an ageing Paxton to be the long snapper
    I don't think Walton is cut, I think he will be Blake's backup but I do think beadles has a fight on his hands with wuebbles breathing down his neck

I don't want to de-rail the thread, but this is why I couldn't understand not drafting a WR when it was such a deep pool.

We are saying that 2 of our 5 receivers could be UDFA's.

DT, Decker

Maybe Caldwell, Maybe Stokeley

Willis / Dell / 2 UDFA's

If DT or Decker goes down we're ultra thin

I seemed to have heard something about like 15 UDFA's being on the Patriots Super Bowl team. Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post
    I seemed to have heard something about like 15 UDFA's being on the Patriots Super Bowl team. Unsure
    Doesn't count if it's NE.
    Bill Bilicheat could make Mike Hart look like AP.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders