Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I'm so glad we won...hopefully it will turn spirits around a bit.

How do you guys feel about Scutaro? I was stoked we got him but I can't say I notice him too much now that he's here.
    He's ok, but we will need to replace him soon. We've been through more second basemen than the Cleveland Browns have QB's. If Trevor Story can play 2nd, then maybe he could in the future. He won't be the Rockies shortstop, we all know that.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

We need Barmie back...he killed us!
    ...capture it...remember it...

Scutaro has been pretty good.

He doesn't strike out, he's putting balls in play and aside form his early hiccup he's been really solid on defense.

Nothing spectacular, but good nonetheless.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Scutaro has been ok with the bat, but his defense has been awful. IMO Herrera is so damn disrespected in this organization.....

We are gonna be sellers at the deadline. We could see Scutaro, Hernandez and Betancourt all on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Scutaro has been ok with the bat, but his defense has been awful. IMO Herrera is so damn disrespected in this organization.....

We are gonna be sellers at the deadline. We could see Scutaro, Hernandez and Betancourt all on the block.
    Awful? You are surely joking, I have no idea what you have seen that is awful.

Please tell me what has been awful about his defense, aside from that one Astros game.

Goodman was just complementing him on how well his defense has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Awful? You are surely joking, I have no idea what you have seen that is awful.

Please tell me what has been awful about his defense, aside from that one Astros game.

Goodman was just complementing him on how well his defense has been.
    Maybe awful was a strong word....

He makes too many stupid mistakes for a veteran... IMO Herrera is just as good of a player, if not better.

Maybe awful was a strong word....

He makes too many stupid mistakes for a veteran... IMO Herrera is just as good of a player, if not better.
    I won't deny that.

I love Johnny. Better, not sure, but his defense is very strong and he doesn't strike out either. Equivalent I'd say.

I do not like Herrera. I've never liked him...and I think it's probably because he took some of Barmie's playing time, ha. But, I dunno what it is about Jonny...I just don't get it.

I thought for sure Scutaro and Cuddyer would be the keys we needed, and obviously O'Dowd did too. Cuddy is awesome, but I don't buy Scutaro just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I do not like Herrera. I've never liked him...and I think it's probably because he took some of Barmie's playing time, ha. But, I dunno what it is about Jonny...I just don't get it.

I thought for sure Scutaro and Cuddyer would be the keys we needed, and obviously O'Dowd did too. Cuddy is awesome, but I don't buy Scutaro just yet.
    Herrera is a very good player. Not flashy by any means, he reminds me of Barmes in the fact that he continues to be neglected by this organization. Just like Barmes did.

Herrera is a very good player. Not flashy by any means, he reminds me of Barmes in the fact that he continues to be neglected by this organization. Just like Barmes did.
    Right, I agree their playing style is very similar. Barmes may have been a bit more reliable as an every day kind of guy...he had a bit more power with the bat. Or, he at least had more potential power. But I'm extremely biased about that. I like Jon much more than I used to, but I really believe it's because Clint isn't on the team anymore, so he isn't losing playing time to him.

Ellis was a good player for us last year, I was sad to see him go. He was another Barmes-like player. The Rox just can't seem to figure out that we need to keep those guys around. Tulo brings the flash, our 2B doesn't need to.

I like Herrera for these reasons:

Good club house guy

Consistent hitter

Clutch hitter

Great defender

Versatility

Still young

I think we should trade Scutaro at the deadline and give Herrera a half a season audition.

I think we should trade Scutaro at the deadline and give Herrera a half a season audition.
    I like Marco and I want him to work out for us, but I'm all for a trade. I just hope we can gain some ground here soon. It makes me sad when they lose.