Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Really weird how things can turn out huh
    Last edited by #1BRONCSFAN; 05-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I suggest that you just ask the question and not qualify its value here.......just doesn't come across properly.

Just a suggestion.
    Really ok.... whatever you say.
    Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
    Really ok what ever you say
    Packers average 29 points a game. Against Chicago they average 22. A TD less than against everyone else. And those scary Lions. Last time the Bears played them they won 37-13. Then Cutler and Forte got hurt. The starting receivers last year were Devin Hester and Johnny Knox. This year it's Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. Same defense with a 1st round pass rusher added. Bears signed the Falcons, Giants, and 49ers best special teams player from a year ago in free agency. They also get two first round offensive lineman back that were hurt last year in Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams.

Bears may not win the superbowl, but to say they have no chance is ridiculous.

I don't think the Broncos would have pursued Manning if Cutler was still in Denver. Because that means they gave him an extension and the money for Manning wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. On the other hand though, If Shanahan just got fired last year and they just brought in Elway and a new coach then it is not out of the realm of possibilities that they would go after him. A lot of coaches want to win with their new guy and not the old coaches or GMs. I think it's an ego thing.
    Last edited by Chitown; 05-26-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
    Like it not, Cutler is a lot closer to extraordinary than ordinary. His physical gifts and his toughness shows it.

How does this sound. #1 ranked special teams. Top 5-10 defense. Top 5-10 offense. That is what the Bears are looking at this year. They are contenders period. I'm glad the Bears are in a tough division. It makes them better. It would suck to be able to go 8-8 and win the division.
    They just might have all those things, only time will tell how it plays out, no more excuses now since they got him some weapons. And yeah, the NFC North is a tough division, and the AFC West isn't as bad as you think either.

Giants went a game better, and won the SB, don't think they are complaining about it.

I got Detroit taking that division this season
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
    Like it not, Cutler is a lot closer to extraordinary than ordinary. His physical gifts and his toughness shows it.

How does this sound. #1 ranked special teams. Top 5-10 defense. Top 5-10 offense. That is what the Bears are looking at this year. They are contenders period. I'm glad the Bears are in a tough division. It makes them better. It would suck to be able to go 8-8 and win the division.
    It sounds like the statement of a Bears homer who has unreasonable expectations for his average team.

If Osweiler can be a good qb for us, and if DT, Decker, and Ayers can continue to develop, we can still come out of the Cutler trade i good shape

If those things dont happen, then darn you Josh

Quote Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
    There's nothing to understand. You're trying to pass a completely arbitrary, subjective evaluation of the guy's ability as some kind of objective reality, by using completely arbitrary, subjective evaluation of the guy's consistency. You haven't proven to be credible as a judge of one. What makes you think you will be accepted as a credible judge of the other?
    The ability to not see open wide receivers is not an arbitrary or subjective evaluation. It's black and white. Did he see them? Did he not? Did he read the single safety over the top or did he not? Did he observe the split safeties and read the middle-backer's drop or did he not?

How is any of that subjective or arbitrary? It's not. You either make the proper reads or you don't. He didn't. Can he grow? Sure. But I haven't seen much evidence of it.

And it's funny how you doubt my "qualifications" to have an opinion.

What are your qualifications oh qualified one?

There have been repeated reports from Cutler's teammates about how he is the same guy under all circumstances. Maybe the production isn't always the same. That's sports. One week a RB has 200 yards rushing, the next he might have 40. Cutler is aggressive with the ball. That's been the case with him since Vanderbilt, where the team won or lost based on whether he was successful or not. It's no surprise that his most conservative games have come as he's spent more time with a more talented team in Chicago than the ones he's used to.
    So, what do you expect them to say about Cutler?

And it's possible to have a consistent presence on the field. The results won't be the same, but the presence is the same. Cutler's been accused of pouting and packing it in. There are reports of that too.

I get it. You're in the tank for Cutler. You have a serious man-crush on him. Good for you. Now let everyone else move on and forget him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    The ability to not see open wide receivers is not an arbitrary or subjective evaluation. It's black and white. Did he see them? Did he not? Did he read the single safety over the top or did he not? Did he observe the split safeties and read the middle-backer's drop or did he not?

How is any of that subjective or arbitrary? It's not. You either make the proper reads or you don't. He didn't. Can he grow? Sure. But I haven't seen much evidence of it.

And it's funny how you doubt my "qualifications" to have an opinion.

What are your qualifications oh qualified one?

So you prefer consistent issues of not doing this properly to doing this properly some of the time. These were the main issues with Tebow according to many, yet you preferred it because he was consistent about it.

So, what do you expect them to say about Cutler?

And it's possible to have a consistent presence on the field. The results won't be the same, but the presence is the same. Cutler's been accused of pouting and packing it in. There are reports of that too.

I get it. You're in the tank for Cutler. You have a serious man-crush on him. Good for you. Now let everyone else move on and forget him.
    You're ready to move on and forget him? Does that mean you'll stop posting in this thread? You have the 4th most responses to this thread.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    They just might have all those things, only time will tell how it plays out, no more excuses now since they got him some weapons. And yeah, the NFC North is a tough division, and the AFC West isn't as bad as you think either.

Giants went a game better, and won the SB, don't think they are complaining about it.
    The excuses will be there if they don't succeed - count on it. Cutler will never be a bad QB because he has elite skill set, it is the it factor at crucial moments and in crucial games he lacks. It is the inability to ante up when things do not go his way, and instead fall apart and hang his head instead of rallying his team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    So you prefer consistent issues of not doing this properly to doing this properly some of the time. These were the main issues with Tebow according to many, yet you preferred it because he was consistent about it.
    I think you know very well that it is not what is being said. While some of the more dimwitted posters and media hacks claim that Tebow cannot throw to save his life, anyone with an ounce of sense know that he is capable of being accurate. It is also clear that the most major fair criticism of Tebow is how inconsistent he is at throwing and reading defences. The thing that fans love about Tebow (the ones where it is not a religion thing) is the inspirational leadership on the field, the ability to lift up players that have made huge mistakes (remember DT - don't worry you are about to catch the game winner) and the totally insane drive to win.

While Elway played much differently this same "man possessed" attitude was also the reason people with no affiliation to Denver became Bronco fans. I doubt that Cutler has had the same magnetic effect, and in essense Cutler and Elway are VERY much alike from the physical aspect.

But Elway was Cutler with Tebow's spirit. That is the reason he was hated in the AFC West and loved elsewhere
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 05-27-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Acquiring Manning in free agency is no excuse for the woeful decision making and lack of a GM structure the Broncos had over several years and in particular the 2009-2010 seasons prior to John Elway ... Anything short of getting the franchise back to the consistently winning franchise with realistic expectations of representing the AFC in the SB is unacceptable

Hypothetically I could see a similar question being asked in that would the Broncos have drafted Brock Osweiler if Cutler was still the QB ... I believe so .. Either way the Broncos have in place two QB's that match the expectations of what they what to see from the position ...

wow 24 pages of this

had some stuff to say but then I realized...

WHO CARES

What we trying to do? Justify a bad move in 2009 by a free agent pickup in 2012? REALLY!?!?

Moving on

All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I think most that have seen Cutler play over the years - his fans and critics - know that he is fully capable of being the difference maker in a game. He has amazing big play ability, and the playoff win was clearly based one of his big play moments. What his critics here are saying is not that he is not good - it is that he is not consistently good.

It takes no less than 3 wins in a row against that years "elite" teams to win the Superbowl. Cutler is very often dominated by great defenses, and cannot keep up with elite offenses.

Ps. AC1 - it is not about smiling it is about checking out when things get rough
    You know if it were any other year other than last year I might agree with you, but in 2011 Cutler really turned the corner and upped his game. Last year before his injury he became that consistant QB, the one that can keep you in a game no matter what. At that time Cutler was playing as well as any QB in the league. The last 7 games Cutler and the Bears played they were 6-1 and put up 34, 13, 39, 24, 30, 37, and 31 points including 5 games against top 10 rated offenses. At that point Cutler was keeping up and beating elite offenses. Through this all his best receiver was also his best RB Matt Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    You know if it were any other year other than last year I might agree with you, but in 2011 Cutler really turned the corner and upped his game. Last year before his injury he became that consistant QB, the one that can keep you in a game no matter what. At that time Cutler was playing as well as any QB in the league. The last 7 games Cutler and the Bears played they were 6-1 and put up 34, 13, 39, 24, 30, 37, and 31 points including 5 games against top 10 rated offenses. At that point Cutler was keeping up and beating elite offenses. Through this all his best receiver was also his best RB Matt Forte.
    At the end of the day time will tell whether it was ultimately a detriment to the Broncos to let Cutler force his way out of town. Cutler is dangerous because he can hand off to Forte and let him do 90%, and still burn a defence on the deep ball. As many have said here - it is his 7th year, he has the weapons and if the next 2-3 years have the Bears finish 2 or 3 in division and not succeed then the "potential" will wear thin.

The NFL is littered with great QB talent, and Cutler is like Michael Vick in the sense that people talk about the great games he plays every year, and how his offense cannot be stopped, and yet we see amazing games and then games where they are totally inept - and a rookie og softmore QB being flustered is much more acceptable than a 7 year vet.

Enjoy your QB!

I wouldn't swap neither with our current one or the one before him!