Doc Watson, Dead at 89

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2012/05/29/doc-watson-obit/

Another hit to Bluegrass and folk this year..In the late 80's early 90's, cant remember the date, the bluegrass band I was in named High Strung opened for Doc Watson at a Mexican joint on south Virgima street in Reno. We got to chat with him that night and he said we sounded really good, a gold moment in my life..

I remember his awesome guitar and vocals best from the Nitty Grittys dirt bands record, will the circle be unbroken, his picking and vocals on Tennesse Stud and Black Moutain Rag still makes me smile!
    Sad to see another Great pass on, Bluegrass/Folk has sure lost a bunch this year..

RIP Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
    http://news-briefs.ew.com/2012/05/29/doc-watson-obit/

Another hit to Bluegrass and folk this year..In the late 80's early 90's, cant remember the date, the bluegrass band I was in named High Strung opened for Doc Watson at a Mexican joint on south Virgima street in Reno. We got to chat with him that night and he said we sounded really good, a gold moment in my life..

I remember his awesome guitar and vocals best from the Nitty Grittys dirt bands record, will the circle be unbroken, his picking and vocals on Tennesse Stud and Black Moutain Rag still makes me smile!
    Sad to see another Great pass on, Bluegrass/Folk has sure lost a bunch this year..

Awesome that you got to meet him. Sounds like you have some great stories to tell.

RIP Doc.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

RIP DOC.

Another blue grass legend gone.
    Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Been playing the banjo alot lately. RIP Doc