Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Derek Wolfe - Sought after by Rams / Steelers

Derek Wolfe - DL - Broncos

According to the Denver, "the feeling around the league" was that the Rams and Steelers were high on No. 36 overall DT Derek Wolfe.
    Wolfe was seen as a reach in some circles, but three personnel directors told the Post before the draft that he wouldn't make it out of the second round. Scouts were impressed with Wolfe's "high-effort play," versatility, and the ability to consistently win one-on-one matchups all along the line of scrimmage.

Related: Steelers, Rams

************************************************** *****************************

Doesnt surprise me. This makes me quite happy for 2 reasons. Fisher and Tomlin know a lot about productive D line play. The fact that they were in pursuit of him tells me we are on the right track with this kid.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Also the ravens as well. like you, makes me happy cause these teams have been succesfull on D, and glad that we have him. we need that spark on that line!!

BUT WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HIM LATER BECUASE POSTERS HERE NEVER HEARD OF HIM

im tired of people saying that, NOBODY knows where a player will end up so if you like a guy take him
    -------

They like the same thing in him that most users here do.

Of course, I think I and many others see a player drafted, read about them, pick out the most exemplary part of their play/attitude, and decide that's why they love the pick.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

NICE Sig pic!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

im tired of people saying that, NOBODY knows where a player will end up so if you like a guy take him
    My friend is a 49ers fan and all I here is that! "We could've gotten AJ Jenkins later!"

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Yeah i hate that too. Scouts in the NFL know everything about a college player and they know who they are after. The front office don't always go for the crowds choice(Popularity) they make decisions which will make the team better.

Also most of the users here wouldn't even have a mind like our FO.

You mean like Brock Osweiler? Sick of people saying we reached for him. I love how many draft experts there are on these boards. Time will tell.

Exactly my thoughts. I hate how everyone just hears names like Poe and Worthy and Still, ect.. And then we draft a guy who they don't know, and they get mad and say we reached. If you like a guy, go and get him. I don't care if every player we draft is a 7th round value to some. If we like them, and are afriad other teams might get them first, then I'm all for going and getting them. I'm all for taking a risk or a gamble. No one here knows who might end up where. They just hear what ESPN tells them.

I would post the vid of Jules and Marcellius Wallace speaking of the Wolf, but it's far too vulgar (as any clip with Sam J. should be). But every time I watch it, I think of Sam Jackson as us (the fans) and Wallace as Fox. We want to know what's going on and when the DL help is coming and he tells us to chill out and "wait for the Wolfe who should be coming directly."

I loved this pick the second I heard it. Greg Robinson was singing his praises at the Senior Bowl to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL radio. This guy is an animal and I do know that he will definitely have his share of growing pains, but he will be the center piece to a new era in our front 4. We have the DE's and our OLB's are among the best in the NFL. Now we have a high motor, nasty, nasty DT who I guarantee is gonna command dub teams on a frequent basis. Now offenses can't commit 2 to Doom, Von, and Wolfe without some give up. I loved this pick the second I heard it
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I would post the vid of Jules and Marcellius Wallace speaking of the Wolf, but it's far too vulgar (as any clip with Sam J. should be). But every time I watch it, I think of Sam Jackson as us (the fans) and Wallace as Fox. We want to know what's going on and when the DL help is coming and he tells us to chill out and "wait for the Wolfe who should be coming directly."

I loved this pick the second I heard it. Greg Robinson was singing his praises at the Senior Bowl to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL radio. This guy is an animal and I do know that he will definitely have his share of growing pains, but he will be the center piece to a new era in our front 4. We have the DE's and our OLB's are among the best in the NFL. Now we have a high motor, nasty, nasty DT who I guarantee is gonna command dub teams on a frequent basis. Now offenses can't commit 2 to Doom, Von, and Wolfe without some give up. I loved this pick the second I heard it
    please pm me with address thx CP in advance
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I wasn't thrilled with this pick when it happened, but it's grown on me once I got to know the guy and watch some video on him. This is definitely a good sign if its true that Balt, Pitt, and StL wanted him. I won't pass judgement until he proves it one way or another. Here's to hoping he becomes our big time threat up the middle to go with our two outside guys.

BUUUUUUUUUUTTTT.....we coulda got him earlier.........

He would of gone somewhere in the 2nd, he went right where he was projected to go. Not the 3rd or even 4th round like some of the armchair GM's think.

And there is no way Brock makes it to our 3rd, so we had to pick him with our 2nd as well.

To the same note Rahim Moore was sought after by the Ravens last year.