Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 238
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I like it a little bit. You caught my eye with Amendola. I can deal with some of the draft. I like Skov (though I prefer Te'o) and Gillislee. Gillislee is one of my favorite prospects this year.

    In FA, I would rather have Knighton than Branch, but to each his own.

    My main concern with the draft is the 1st pick. I am not a fan of drafting a S again, especially high. We have Moore (who has improved a good bit IMO) and Carter. Carter is the question mark. He needs to get and stay healthy. Even if he can't I would rather bring in a FA S than draft another right now.

    I also noticed no CB in FA, other than Porter, of draft. I don't know about you guys, but I really like Derek Cox from Jax. He has the JDR connection and he is a talented guy IMO. I would like to bring a couple Jax FAs over. Jones, Knighton and Cox all fit what we need and scheme well for us.

    Overall, its good and I commend the effort.
    The reason I have Jefferson is because I don't have much hope with Carter making a full recovery he injured the knee at the end of last year it got worse in training camp requiring surgery and has gone again putting him out for the year, I am not totally confident his knee will ever hold up leaving a hole in the secondary, I would love to get Byrd from the Bills but I have a feeling he gets the franchise tag, I do like Cox as a corner but he will demand number 1 corner money and will most likely re-sign with the Jags, I absolutely love Knighton as a player but he will want to get paid and go to the highest bidder most likely the Jaguars. Cheers for the feedback

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,791
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    The reason I have Jefferson is because I don't have much hope with Carter making a full recovery he injured the knee at the end of last year it got worse in training camp requiring surgery and has gone again putting him out for the year, I am not totally confident his knee will ever hold up leaving a hole in the secondary, I would love to get Byrd from the Bills but I have a feeling he gets the franchise tag, I do like Cox as a corner but he will demand number 1 corner money and will most likely re-sign with the Jags, I absolutely love Knighton as a player but he will want to get paid and go to the highest bidder most likely the Jaguars. Cheers for the feedback
    What do you think of Greg Jones FB? I have seen Gronk a number of times line up there and I just dont like him. Jones would be huge down in the RZ.

    I also dont think Cox deserves #1 money. He should get the high end #2 money IMO.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    What do you think of Greg Jones FB? I have seen Gronk a number of times line up there and I just dont like him. Jones would be huge down in the RZ.

    I also dont think Cox deserves #1 money. He should get the high end #2 money IMO.
    I think Jones is wasted in the Jags system he is a tank when given the ball but he is still a great blocker, I dont mind Gronk I think he does a decent job of blocking but doesn't offer alot running or receiving. I think Cox will end up with high end 2nd corner money but will start by asking for number 1 corner money something in the range of 5 year 35 mill deal but will most likely end up with a 5 year 20 mill deal

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,225
    Nice draft but I doubt that Gillislee is available in the 3rd if he has very many more games like last week. I don't know anything about your last three draft choices but I like getting a DT and OL but not sure about a 5'8" DB with all the 6'4"+ wide receivers coming into the league and we already have a good nickle DB to play the slot receivers.
    Over all a good draft.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Nice draft but I doubt that Gillislee is available in the 3rd if he has very many more games like last week. I don't know anything about your last three draft choices but I like getting a DT and OL but not sure about a 5'8" DB with all the 6'4"+ wide receivers coming into the league and we already have a good nickle DB to play the slot receivers.
    Over all a good draft.
    Running backs are falling in the draft in recent year unless your a Adrian Peterson or Trent Richardson like prospect many don't go in the first round anymore, I was surprised Martin and Wilson went in the first last year, Lamar Miller who was considered a high 2nd round pick made it to the 4th round last year running backs are dropping all the time in the draft and I think and hope Gillislee is there when we pick in the third, I have Reid as my last pick mainly for his return skills and possible potential

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,229

    BroncoJohnson's Complete Mock Offseason

    Free Agency-
    Losses/Cuts-
    Justin Bannan, Joe Mays, Knowshon Moreno, Mike Adams, Tracy Porter

    Retentions/Additions-
    Brandon Stokley - At this rate, he can play a few more years. At worst, he could be our 4th receiver/ reliable third down guy.

    Ryan Clady- We need him back, plain and simple.

    Brian Urlacher, MLB, Bears- Many consider him a lifelong bear, but many also considered Brian Dawkins a lifelong Eagle, and he still is. If we could pull Urlacher in from Chicago, our defense would immediately be better, especially on third downs.

    Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers- Goldson is a hard hitting, good tackling, solid coverage safety. He will demand about $6M-$7M per year, but will be worth every penny for what he could do here.

    Alan Branch, DT, Cardinals- A big NT that is necessary for our run defense to hold up, at 325, Branch is what Del Rio is looking for.




    Draft:

    Demarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama- Milliner is a very solid cover corner that went under the radar with Barron and Kirkpatrick in the secondary. He could be a very good corner across from Champ Bailey immediately.

    Margus Hunt, DE, SMU- Hunt, at 6'8" 295, has the measurables of a greek god. He still has a lean, athletic frame, and hopefully our defensive coaching staff could bring the best out of him. Hunt also has long arms, and he could be coached to read the QB and swat balls, like JJ Watt can do (6'6", 7 foot wingspan).

    Mike Gillislie, RB, Florida- I've watched 2 of Gillislie's games this year, including one in person, adn I'll be the first to say he'll be a stud in the NFL. Elite explosion and lateral quickness, if he can add a little more bulk he could be a feature back. Reminds a smaller, more explosive Arian Foster.

    Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia- Bailey, at 5'10", is a great receiver that will fall in the draft due to size. If we land him, he could start at slot receiver as soon as training camp, IMO. He reminds me of Lance Moore from New Orleans.

    Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama- Fowler, an athletic fullback, opens lanes for some of the top backs in the country, and does a very good job running the ball. This season, Fowler has 11 carries for 85 yards (7.7 YPC), and last season Fowler had 56 carries for 385 yards (6.9 YPC).

    Trey Burton, TE, Florida- Burton is a smaller, but VERY athletic TE that can create mismatches. He got extensive playing time for 4 years.

    Depth Chart:

    Offense
    QB: Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler

    FB: Jalston Fowler/Chris Gronkowski
    RB: Willis McGahee/Mike Gillislie, Ronnie Hillman

    WR: Demaryius Thomas - Eric Decker - Stedman Bailey/Brandon Stokley, Andre Caldwell, Matthew Willis, Trindon Holliday
    TE: Joel Dreessen, Jacob Tamme, Julius Thomas/Virgil Green/Trey Burton

    LT: Ryan Clady, Chris Clark
    LG: Zane Beadles
    C: Dan Koppen/JD Walton
    RG: Chris Kuper, Manny Ramirez
    RT: Orlando Franklin

    Defense:
    RDE: Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers
    LDE: Margus Hunt, Jason Hunter
    NT: Alan Branch, Kevin Vickerson
    DT: Derek Wolfe,

    WLB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard/ Danny Trevathan
    MLB: Brian Urlacher, Steven Johnson
    SLB: Von Miller, Nate Irving

    CB: Champ Bailey, Chris Harris
    CB: Demarcus Milliner, Tony Carter/Omar Bolden
    FS: Rahim Moore/Quinton Carter
    SS: Dashon Goldson
    Last edited by BroncoooJohnson; 10-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,788
    I love Hunt, but he's a project I'm not sure he can step in and start straight away.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I love Hunt, but he's a project I'm not sure he can step in and start straight away.
    It would be tough for him for sure, but I also question the coaching he gets at SMU compared to how it would be here, plus, we know our coaches aren't too afraid to play young players if they contribute, and I think Hunt could at least be a decent sub package interior lineman.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    It would be tough for him for sure, but I also question the coaching he gets at SMU compared to how it would be here, plus, we know our coaches aren't too afraid to play young players if they contribute, and I think Hunt could at least be a decent sub package interior lineman.
    Wait so you're picking a corner first? I think if a quality LB like Te'o is there we havvvve to take him. Mays isn't getting it done and Williams is on the outs were losing quality LB's. And even though you said urlacher he's to old. I don't know as that he has the quality left.
    DENVER STAND UP!!!

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
    Wait so you're picking a corner first? I think if a quality LB like Te'o is there we havvvve to take him. Mays isn't getting it done and Williams is on the outs were losing quality LB's. And even though you said urlacher he's to old. I don't know as that he has the quality left.
    It's a mock draft. I had us going into the 20's by making the playoffs, and believe it or not, we won't get Te'o back there. I'm just trying to be somewhat realistic on where I think we could get him, but I would definitely take Te'o over anybody else if I was at pick 10.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Not too bad, but i'd use more picks on defense.

    That would be good FA wise, but i think SF re-signs Goldson or tags him again if they can.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Not too bad, but i'd use more picks on defense.

    That would be good FA wise, but i think SF re-signs Goldson or tags him again if they can.
    I think the franchise tag can only be used once. Also, San Francisco low balled him on a 5 year deal and he rejected it, opting for a one year deal. If they don't offer more next year, we could easily steal him away, if we're willing to dish out the money.

    To be honest, I think he would be a bigger addition than anybody mentioned. He would kill it playing for us.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I think the franchise tag can only be used once. Also, San Francisco low balled him on a 5 year deal and he rejected it, opting for a one year deal. If they don't offer more next year, we could easily steal him away, if we're willing to dish out the money.

    To be honest, I think he would be a bigger addition than anybody mentioned. He would kill it playing for us.
    Pretty sure you can use it twice
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

  14. #224
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,288
    Not sure if Demarcus Milliner, CB, will be there when we make our selection.

    I really like the Margus Hunt, DE, selection in the second round.

    I would not be upset if we traded out of the first round again
    and acquire another second rounder to make Hunt our pick a la Wolfe.

    Maybe DE Hunt and Barrett Jones, T/G/C, all in round 2?

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Not sure if Demarcus Milliner, CB, will be there when we make our selection.

    I really like the Margus Hunt, DE, selection in the second round.

    I would not be upset if we traded out of the first round again
    and acquire another second rounder to make Hunt our pick a la Wolfe.

    Maybe DE Hunt and Barrett Jones, T/G/C, all in round 2?
    I don't think Hunt will be worth our first pick if we trade into the second, but I'd take him in the late second. He hasn't matched his talent with production yet, but we may be able to do that for him.

    As for Jones, I think he's the top interior OL in this draft, I say he goes before in the second.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •