Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    you know... if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, I'm only a PM away... (not Peyton Manning, thats like $19 Million)
    You'll give me 19 million for ONE TICKET??????

    Wow man, THAT'S dedication! No wonder they modded you!

    I'll keep that in mind....

    I thought about coming here and sending someone a PM to go with with me. I have done that before actually. A few times. There's a rigorous test.. lol

    But there just wasn't any time for that. I was already all set to go when my kid got home from school, and my wife grilled him on his homework. Turned out, he had something due that day and never did it. Spent all weekend on video games.

    I was on the phone with my cousin asking if he wanted to go, and there was a huge explosion in my son's room. I just barely escaped being killed myself!

    Not the first time I have eaten a ticket. Probably won't be the last. If I just had some sort of warning system. A little time to at least set something up with someone.

    Sometimes there's just no time.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Nor should you!

    I would guess that picked up later on in the season, as Tebow became the starter. Gotta love the Tebow fanatics! They sure were an entertaining bunch. I miss one of them though....

    No doubt that will continue with Peyton also.

    Hey, if you buy a ticket from a less that legit person or site, that's on you (not personally), ya know? There are plenty of decent, legit places to buy tickets today. Ticket Exchange at least offers some security in that regard.

    I would feel sorry for someone, in certain situations, who gets burned trying to get seats just to be part of the experience, or to come root for the team.

    Certain Patriot fans though, well, there's this guy under a bridge.........


    Again, it wasn't my concern, I was pointing out that the Broncos made a point of addressing this. Here is a press release they sent out on Dec. 15th:


    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    THURSDAY, DEC. 15, 2011


    BRONCOS URGE FANS TO TAKE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO ENSURE
    VALIDITY OF TICKETS PURCHASED IN SECONDARY MARKETS



    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — In light of recent incidents of counterfeit tickets making their way through secondary markets unaffiliated with the team or the National Football League, the Denver Broncos are urging fans to take appropriate measures to ensure the authenticity of their purchases.

    Only tickets acquired from team-associated outlets, including the Sports Authority Field at Mile High ticket office and Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange, can be fully validated by the club and the NFL.

    “It’s important for fans to beware of the risks involved with purchasing tickets through websites and other vendors that are not certified by the NFL,” Broncos Senior Vice President of Business Development Mac Freeman said. “Those buying tickets through the ticket office, Ticketmaster or NFL Ticket Exchange can continue to be 100 percent assured that their tickets are authentic.”

    The Broncos are working closely with the Denver Police Department’s investigation into recent cases of ticket counterfeiting in the metro area.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    You'll give me 19 million for ONE TICKET??????

    Wow man, THAT'S dedication! No wonder they modded you!

    I'll keep that in mind....

    I thought about coming here and sending someone a PM to go with with me. I have done that before actually. A few times. There's a rigorous test.. lol

    But there just wasn't any time for that. I was already all set to go when my kid got home from school, and my wife grilled him on his homework. Turned out, he had something due that day and never did it. Spent all weekend on video games.

    I was on the phone with my cousin asking if he wanted to go, and there was a huge explosion in my son's room. I just barely escaped being killed myself!

    Not the first time I have eaten a ticket. Probably won't be the last. If I just had some sort of warning system. A little time to at least set something up with someone.

    Sometimes there's just no time.

    So you have two seats????
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    So you have two seats????
    Yes. Most have two or four, but I know one guy who has just one. Dead center on the fifty in a handicapped seat. Most of my pictures are taken right over his head.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Again, it wasn't my concern, I was pointing out that the Broncos made a point of addressing this. Here is a press release they sent out on Dec. 15th:
    You know I didn't mean you personally. Guess I should have said 'they". Sorry.

    I don't remember seeing that notice. Not that I really needed it.


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Yes. Most have two or four, but I know one guy who has just one. Dead center on the fifty in a handicapped seat. Most of my pictures are taken right over his head.

    Ah. I might need to find someone who's willing to sell a few tickets to the December Buc's game.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Ah. I might need to find someone who's willing to sell a few tickets to the December Buc's game.
    that seems to be a popular game
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    that seems to be a popular game
    Hmmmm...... pre-game party....???
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Hmmmm...... pre-game party....???
    sounds good to me I'll hit you up closer to the game!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,759
    Did I miss a memo?


    JWinn, I will wave to Shanny for you.


    My tendency is to buy early. I want the peace of mind that I'm really going to the game. This year, though, it seems like the tickets cost a lot more (I wonder why? ).

    EDIT: My multi-quote didn't work. The first sentence was aimed at Frenchy and eb.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    sounds good to me I'll hit you up closer to the game!
    Hell yeah! We need to have a massive mod party!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Did I miss a memo?

    EDIT: My multi-quote didn't work. The first sentence was aimed at Frenchy and eb.
    I'd be honored for you to be there. But I know it's a ways for you and it's not the 'Skins for hubby.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,759
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Hell yeah! We need to have a massive mod party!!!



    I'd be honored for you to be there. But I know it's a ways for you and it's not the 'Skins for hubby.
    You're right. It is a ways.

    I just wanted an invite.

    Thanks.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    You're right. It is a ways.

    I just wanted an invite.

    Thanks.
    You're always invited! When I win the Power Ball, it's going to be one heck of a good time, trust me
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    You're always invited! When I win the Power Ball, it's going to be one heck of a good time, trust me
    We'll just have to pick one mod to stay home and watch the boards.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    We'll just have to pick one mod to stay home and watch the boards.
    eh, we'll just close the boards for a day
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •