Terrell Owen's Darkest Days

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ootball-league

Since signing with the Allen Wranglers, Terrell Owens hasn't exactly been excited to talk to reporters. Back in his Philadelphia days, in the prime of his career, he used to hold press conferences all the time, sometimes in his own driveway. He couldn't wait to be on camera. He would tell reporters what questions to ask. He never shied away from a microphone: not in a locker room, not in a studio, and certainly not on his own reality show.

But now that he's been relegated to the lowest rung of professional football, with no team in the NFL even interested in watching him work out, Owens hasn't been so loquacious. He made an appearance on Dr. Phil with three of the four mothers of his kids to explain why he hasn't been paying child support (he's broke), and why he hasn't even seen some of his children (it's complicated). And he's done a few brief radio interviews. But he hasn't wanted to talk much about playing in the Indoor Football League. He hasn't wanted to talk about his financial troubles, or his personal life, or what it's like to fall so far so fast. He's pushed back interviews. He's skipped press conferences. He's missed scheduled appearances.

But now, on an indoor soccer field in the suburbs of Dallas, on a Thursday afternoon after practice, he's unloading. At first, he's positive. He says he really isn't the same person he was a few years ago.

"This has definitely been a humbling situation for me," he says. "For a lot of reasons, personally and professional. I'm just taking everything in stride."
    Follow the link for the rest of the article. Just thought it was an interesting read.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

It amazes me how these guys end up so broke, so fast. The rise can be meteoric, but the fall can be just as fast.

that sucks i have no sympathy for a guy like TO

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    It amazes me how these guys end up so broke, so fast. The rise can be meteoric, but the fall can be just as fast.
    It's amazing but it's not surprising. These guys blow their money on multiple mansions, multiple expensive cars, jewelry, gold digging women, yacht, expensive cars and homes for their closet friends all without out proper investments, all without putting money away.

Notice intelligent athletes never have these issues.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

This could damage the ego. I wonder if he still loves him some him.

No pity from me.

He deserves it.

Horrible father, horrible egomaniac.

Now he is getting his just desserts and he wants people to pity him?

It is amazing how bad some people are with money. It really is. He could at least be willing to sign things for people, but have a kinda expensive price.

But he deserves it.

I dont feel bad for him except for the child support stuff because the payment are STUPIDLY high.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.