I Can't Wait For The First Hit On Manning.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

I Can't Wait For The First Hit On Manning.......

Lets just say, I want to get that first hit over with, because it will happen - no matter how good our line plays, and no matter how decisive Peyton is. BUT, once it's over with we will all breathe a sigh of relief (because he'll be just fine), and we will be able to see past the injury thing, and realize how blessed we are to have a HoF QB guiding our troops to bigger and better things.

For me it will be like that first scratch on the new car......I won't like it, but I will be over one major hurdle.....the anticipation.

And I also have another good feeling about things this season. I have a strong belief that Ryan Clady will step up his game to where it can be, as he becomes the blindside Tackle for Manning. I believe he will take this job to heart, akin to a special Bodyguard for someone of "HIGH" importance. I can see Ryan taking this job even more seriously than any job in the past, and make a personal commitment to taking Peyton and himself to amazing heights as Broncos.

Hey.....if we can avoid Peyton ever getting hit, I'm in.....but that's not realistic. So lets get it over with, and move forward.......to the playoffs!!!!
  • broncoFan!
    Playmaker
    • Sep 2009

Nope! We are going to go for a sackless season! Cmon, remember how Tebow got sacked a grand total of 0.... oh wait never mind.

Nah Manning is going to do just fine. I was super disappointed with some of the hacks on ESPN saying that our first year with Manning is going to be awful. Some of the "experts" are saying that are transition with him as our QB is going to be tough.

What is so tough about starting off the game with a lead? Anyways, great threads as always Can. People are acting like Manning is an old guy with a cane. Well, I think we will use that to our advantage as we put up 21 points in the first quarter against opposing teams.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• BroncoFanBoy
      Here's hoping!
      • Jun 2009

Another thing to say to the doubters: Tom Brady.

IMO, knee injuries are worse than neck. You need the knee to be able to step into your throws can easily get hurt with a tackle.

I would say Brady has done fine since the the injury.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• 350legend
        Bench Warmer
        • May 2012

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Lets just say, I want to get that first hit over with, because it will happen - no matter how good our line plays, and no matter how decisive Peyton is. BUT, once it's over with we will all breathe a sigh of relief (because he'll be just fine), and we will be able to see past the injury thing, and realize how blessed we are to have a HoF QB guiding our troops to bigger and better things.

For me it will be like that first scratch on the new car......I won't like it, but I will be over one major hurdle.....the anticipation.

And I also have another good feeling about things this season. I have a strong belief that Ryan Clady will step up his game to where it can be, as he becomes the blindside Tackle for Manning. I believe he will take this job to heart, akin to a special Bodyguard for someone of "HIGH" importance. I can see Ryan taking this job even more seriously than any job in the past, and make a personal commitment to taking Peyton and himself to amazing heights as Broncos.

Hey.....if we can avoid Peyton ever getting hit, I'm in.....but that's not realistic. So lets get it over with, and move forward.......to the playoffs!!!!
        U Nailed this one!! I been feeling this way for awhile now. This is what i been telling the guys @ work, he will get hit and in your words, like a scratch on a car.. as far as Clady goes, hes much better with a style of Qb like Peyton and i can see pro bowl for him again!! BRONCO COUNTRY !!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• hutch2426
          Practice Squad
          • Mar 2012

I foresee in the future Manning will get hit, pass the ball a few times and maybe get hit again. After that I am figuring as football player it will be rinse and repeat. I think.

Comment

• mray
            Starter
            • Jun 2009

Great post, Can...I'm not worried about that first hit and I bet PM isn't either. It was never about his neck, but the 'pundits' didn't read the medical report.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Oh yah........feeling good vibes tonight!

And oh yah.............feelin a Clady comeback!!!!!

Comment

• Fan of the MAN
                Practice Squad
                • Mar 2012

Folks... why is there this misconception that if Manning gets hit he is at more risk than any other player? The problem was fixed with the neck, matter of a fact, his neck is stronger now than it was before the surgery. The issue has been nerve regeneration. Period. He is not 'one hit from the ER'. That is what people say that dont have a single freakin clue as to what Manning had the surgery for or what happens once the surgery is complete.
                As for Brady, the golden boy, lord forbid someone bring up the knee injury he had, was out for a year, then came back. No one wants to say anything negative about that.. note the sarcasm.
                Peyton will be fine. I have zero worries about him and his neck/nerves.
                From a Colt to a Bronco

Comment

• jonathanrivers
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2011

I agree with the guy who said Brady has done fine despite his injury. I know Peyton is 6 years older than Brady was at that point...but a knee is tough to come back from. Brady seems to have done well. I think Peyton will do the same.

Comment

• JWinn
                    Go Broncos!
                    • Aug 2004

I can wait. It'll come soon enough.

What I CAN'T wait for is his new Buick commercial. Calling audibles to his navigation system.

GREENEVILLE, TN — Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been busy shooting a new commercial this month.In the Buick commercial, Manning interacts with the car’s voice system by …

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
                      Folks... why is there this misconception that if Manning gets hit he is at more risk than any other player? The problem was fixed with the neck, matter of a fact, his neck is stronger now than it was before the surgery. The issue has been nerve regeneration. Period. He is not 'one hit from the ER'. That is what people say that dont have a single freakin clue as to what Manning had the surgery for or what happens once the surgery is complete. As for Brady, the golden boy, lord forbid someone bring up the knee injury he had, was out for a year, then came back. No one wants to say anything negative about that.. note the sarcasm.
                      Peyton will be fine. I have zero worries about him and his neck/nerves.
                      Call me clueless!!!

Did you????

Comment

• Sparttns
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jul 2012

I agree. I'm tired of the so called "experts" that keep calling Manning's neck as an excuse for us not making it this year.

I think after all that has been said by real doctors health is not a problem. If anything his neck is gonna be stronger than ever. Arm strength is a different problem but it seems like he's pretty much back to his usual self in that matter.

I also don't see a big transition slump because of his work ethic. The guy will know more about this O when the season comes than any other player in the team. It's just a matter of getting sync.

Comment

• japfaff
                          USMCgrunt
                          • Apr 2005

The op is right...He is eventually going to get hit. It will be nice to actually know. But more than that for me. I just want to see him play. I am not worried about the neck, I do not think that he would play if he didnt KNOW it was 100%. I am just worried about him getting back to where he was. That is my biggest question. If he can be close to what he was then we are sitting really pretty for a few seasons, if not we gotta go through the whole thing all over again. I just wanna find out what situation we are in
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Fan of the MAN
                            Practice Squad
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Call me clueless!!!

Did you????
                            I have been following this since his first surgery religiously. I am a Colts fan that supports Peyton in Denver as a Bronco. I've read and re-read all the reports and interviews from his doctors.
                            I am talking in general 'people', wasnt singling you out or even talking about you at all. I get sick of people blogging or running their mouths like they are his doctors and 'know!' It all. Drives me nuts. Idiots saying he is one hit from the 'ER'.. yada, yada, yada.
                            He is in no more danger than any other player in the NFL. If thats the case, Brady is one hit from another knee blowout.
                            From a Colt to a Bronco

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
                              Starter
                              • Feb 2012

I see what you mean, and I agree. I'm scared though and hope he doesn't get hit at all But I wouldn't mind to see him get hit and beat around, and to know that he is perfectly fine, and we have the same Peyton Manning on our team, that we've known to hate
                              :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X