Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: College teams

Grew up in Colorado so my first and foremost love will always be the Colorado Buffaloes.

However I have now lived in the south for 15 years and can never see their games anymore. On top of the fact that they just flat out haven't been any good since 2005.

I went to Auburn for my freshman year before dropping out and joining the marines. But I'm a huge die hard fan of Auburn now. Have been since 2001 when I moved to Alabama. Have seen them win a national title now just like I did with the Buffaloes when I was 9.

I always tell people the Buffs are still my favorite and I would root for them if they ever ever played Auburn. But I'm praying and praying that that never happens.

But currently I watch all Auburn games on Saturday because I would not pay $150 or whatever it cost a season to get ESPN game plan and watch the Buffs lose 8-9 games a season. It's free here to watch Auburn good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    USC.. father went there, grew up watching every game and going to a few..

The NC Trophy is comin' to SoCal next January.
    Good luck with that. I do believe the SEC has 6 years straight of championships that they will not be quick and easy to let go of.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Good luck with that. I do believe the SEC has 6 years straight of championships that they will not be quick and easy to let go of.
    USC was the most dominant program in the nation in the not so distant past. It's not out of the realm of possibility to return to that glory. They're still the hottest program west of the Mississippi now that the sanctions are rolling off.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    USC was the most dominant program in the nation in the not so distant past. It's not out of the realm of possibility to return to that glory. They're still the hottest program west of the Mississippi now that the sanctions are rolling off.
    2nd hottest...

Don't forget about UNLV.

USC plays against lousy D's, the SEC's on top where it beloings

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    USC wasn't allowed to really compete nationally the last 2/3 years. Oregon has been considered the West's best, but unlike Oregon, USC has size up front as well as the fastest defense around.

Lane has done a phenomenal job recruiting, while USC has less players, they've actually gotten just as many or more top tier, blue chip guys.

SEC.. whatever.. California and Florida are USC pipeline grounds. Barkley, Lee, Woods, and Farmar could make the Honey Badger look like a 90 year old woman behind a steering wheel.
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 07-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I think a lot of people would be surprised by West teams like Stanford, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Washington, and maybe even Cal and Utah. I'm not saying they're LSUs, but they are pretty quality programs, especially Washington and ASU. These programs have some pretty solid talent. Oregon is obviously one of the best and most attractive to high school kids, they're not going anywhere, and Stanford is well.. Stanford.

Remember, the West Coast can mostly play year round. The talent is very there. Unfortunately after Oregon and USC, the talent is very spread out. QBs like Brock Osweiler end up at ASU or RBs like Chris Polk end up at Washington. All it takes is for a program to get a larger piece of the pie and you get a Stanford type team, a legit team.

Boise State & Chris Peterson have figured it out, they are regulars recruiting here in SoCal.

The PAC-10 are good teams, but they can't compete with the D's of the SEC

Boise State was orange blue before Denver was.

This story is similar to mine. My dad is alumni, dating back to when Boise State was still Boise State College. I've been a Boise State fan since I learned what football was. I remember watching them win the Pioneer Bowl (D2 Championship) back in 1980.

The program sure has changed a lot since then.
    Oh definitely. We were Broncos before Denver was too

After us you mean

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Nebraska

moved here from San Diego and the football culture is amazing, the people here eat, drink, and sleep Nebraska football. nothing is more important to the people here and it definitely rubbed off on me as i was not a college football fan when i got here 25 years ago but i have been a fan ever since.

I am currently a F&B manager in Wyoming so I support the Wyoming Cowboys................. until everyone pays their beer tab and leaves- that is.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    The SEC is overrated, they don't play a good team till the middle of their schedules in which that's when they play themselves.

The only team the SEC dominates other than it's own teams is Ohio St.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    The SEC is overrated, they don't play a good team till the middle of their schedules in which that's when they play themselves.

The only team the SEC dominates other than it's own teams is Ohio St.
    Outside of the former Big 12 last year, the SEC had the best record in bowl games last year (among the major conferences)

Im sorry about my awful spelling in the title and post lol Its nice to hear the stories of people who grew up with college ball, ill admit I did watch a couple of boise games and did like the blue field idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Born and Raised in West Nebraska, so its in your blood to be a Cornhusker for sure. That state has NOTHING else as far as Sports teams go, and thats OK with everyone there, because you have the Denver and Kansas City teams close by.

My earliest memory is from 1971, and listening to my Dad yell his Butt off when they won their second in a row, I was only Five so I didnt know what the heck was going on!

I really started hard core when i turned 12, I remember IM Hipp was my favorite player, 1978 Osbourne FINALLY beating OU, only to have to play them again in the Orange Bowl.

All the Butt Whoopings we had to endure from the Florida Schools in the Orange Bowls.

Coming within a fingernail in 1983 Orange Bowl to Miami and that arrogant Schellenberger.

Osborne finally changing tactics, almost winning it again in 93, then going on a HOT streak of 3 outta 4.

Lotta highs and lows, having to endure to damage done by Callahan was the worst. Pelini has them back to respectability now.

Really excited with the move to the Big 10 Conf. It is a better fit. Just makes more sense. And now they are out from under the TYRANNY of the Big Tex Conf.

Looking forward to seeing how we can compete with Wisc, Mich., and the rest of the Big Ten. Its is ABOUT TIME to take the power back from the SEC!!! Only way to do that is to start beating their asses on the Field.
    oh YEAH?