Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: College teams

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    says in that article that they are playing Michigan and Penn st., so its not that they are just content with their conference schedule.

lets not get too crazy here, the SEC is the best conference yeah but if they just booked cans on their non conference schedule it could hurt them.

consider that Alabama isn't the only school in the SEC, other SEC teams will likely have more difficult schedules than Alabama, if they just ignore their non conference schedule.

i actually think its because Alabama already has some tough non conference games lined up and they don't want to get too risky.

so i agree with you in a way, but its not just because of the respect they get from their conference schedule.
    Agree with this it can only hurt. And most of the SEC play at least one tough non conference opponent. So adding two in a given season would likely destroy any title shot. I know off the top of my head Auburn plays Clemson for the third straight season and Alabama plays Michigan this year and Penn st last year. So the SEC schools aren't afraid to play top notch out of conference BCS schools. They just can't get carried away.

Also Saban said during SEC media days this week that he thinks the SEC should go to 9 conference games like the PAC-12 has. That can only make the season schedule even tougher than it already is. You try to add in another BCS non conference opponent and that makes 10 brutal games out of a 12 game schedule.

I honestly think it would be a disaster for the SEC to go to 9 games. Because I feel some would still try to schedule that BCS opponent out of conference and make it almost impossible to come away unscathed. Or they won't schedule any BCS ooc opponents at all and then everyone will say we play noone.

I think the best option for the SEC is to keep 8 conference games and schedule at least 1 BCS OOC opponent.

But anyone who questions the SEC scheduling is dilusional. Every top notch BCS conference teams schedule at least 3 cupcakes every year. Those are the teams Oregon puts up 77-84 on.

Hook em

I always get crap at work whenever I wear My Texas shirt because I work with a bunch of Husker fans.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_23 View Post
    lol, Southern Cal was never really that great. They just didnt play anybody. All those FREE rides to conference championships and nation title games. The PAC-10 (Now the PAC-12) was one of the weakest conferences and still is only a middle of the pack conference (IMO)

Something is wrong is Southern Cal or Oregon Cant win it... There is no top to bottom competition.
    But, now they have Colorado!!!!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    SI disagrees. In 2009, USC was named team and program of the decade by them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...hts/index.html

ESPN also named USC the second best team in history of the NCAA, in 09'.
    USC? Over Florida? Sounds like it was written by a West Coaster for sure!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by *Atwater* View Post

Hook em

I always get crap at work whenever I wear My Texas shirt because I work with a bunch of Husker fans.
    Well whatta ya expect?? They have absolutly OWNED us ever since they joined the Big 12, and they are the #1 reason why they split for the Big 10, because in Tom's and others eyes, it has always been their way or the highway!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    You make valid points.

However, Michigan and USC are dominating. As I said, 11 in the top 150 for each team. The next highest is 7. Throw in USC is about to get top 5 player Vernon Hargreaves III, USC is putting together something legendary, especially with sanctions still..

Its not a clear picture of how it'll end up, but its a pretty good preview.

This weeks newly released ESPN class rankings back me up telling you not to get overhyped about the recruiting race in summer 2012.

Florida has passed Michigan for the 2 spot in their rankings. But it's still a long way to February 1st. So pointless to celebrate or argue now.

My father took me to CU games in 1990 when the Buffs won it all...great times indeed. Now I'm just following college football in general. Given that Coach Embree is the lowest paid coach in the Pac-12 along with the Buffs getting $20 million per year, I don't think Embree will last more than three years on the job if he doesn't take the Buffs to a bowl game this year or next. The change in coaches in the Pac-12 South is very reflective of the early Big 12 days when the Big 12 South changed coaches quite often back then while CU, Nebraska, and KSU were stable programs back then. We'll see if history repeats itself in the Pac-12.

We are coming back!