Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nfl sunday ticket

It's that time of year again where we discuss "special deals" that we have experienced so we won't have to pay the full price of the ticket in Direct TV. As you very well know, the actual 1 full season roughly costs $299. Now they have changed or lowered the prices(so they say) to just $199 for the full season. However, they made it into 2 different subscriptions....1 being the NFL Sunday Ticket Max(that's the $299) and the regular ticket for $199. The problem with this is you don't get the game mix and the redzone channel as well as the shortcuts for the $199 value when they used to have it in just one subscription for $279 i believe. Anyway, just wanted to spill out the news that I just got a superior bargain by calling Direct TV last night and asked for a special discount. Lo and behold I ended up just paying $119 for the whole package($299 value). But they would'nt give you this unless you call them up and ask for it. The breakdown of my payment was $14.99 for the first 3 months then $24.99 for the remaining 3 months. What a STEAL!!!!! So those who have DTV and haven't gotten Sun. Ticket yet...call now. I hope I helped you guys save money. God Bless you all and let's go Broncos!!!!!!

NFL Ticket Deal

I spent a lot of Saturday talking to DirecTV about the NFL Ticket. There are two options:

1. $299 for the Ticket HD, RedZone, iPad/iPhone Version (called MAX)
    2. $199 for the Ticket HD

I got $150 for the the MAX version...hoping that someone else beats my version of the deal...

I called yesterday and what they did for me was take $10 off of NFL Ticket price for 6 months, $10 off of my regular cable bill for 6 months and free HD service (which is $10 a month) for 6 months.

So basically that's $30 off my bill for 6 months meaning I'm just paying 19.99 for 6 months ($119.94 total) for Sunday NFL ticket for the $299 package that would've worked out to $49.99 for 6 months.

The deal I got last year was the sweetest!

$30 off of NFL Ticket for 6 months and $50 dollars off of my regular cable bill for 6 months. Basically I was just paying $3.99 for 6 months for NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 07-23-2012 at 10:19 AM.

where im @, theres time warner and im waiting Patiently for D Tv to come to my town to snatch that bargin up...

Wow, thats pretty sweet that you got the whole package for 119. How did you do that? Just call and complain? Or call and ask for a special deal or what? I don't have DirectTV or NFL sunday ticket but we were going to switch to directTV because I wanted the nfl sunday ticket for free this year, but they didn't have the local channels yet, so we didn't do it.

But I get all the Broncos games anyways, so its not too big of deal for me, plus I get the redzone channel which I love. But 1 year I want to be able to just watch any NFL game I want at any time. Pretty sweet that you got it for 119 though.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
    Wow, thats pretty sweet that you got the whole package for 119. How did you do that? Just call and complain? Or call and ask for a special deal or what? I don't have DirectTV or NFL sunday ticket but we were going to switch to directTV because I wanted the nfl sunday ticket for free this year, but they didn't have the local channels yet, so we didn't do it.

But I get all the Broncos games anyways, so its not too big of deal for me, plus I get the redzone channel which I love. But 1 year I want to be able to just watch any NFL game I want at any time. Pretty sweet that you got it for 119 though.

This year I just called and asked if they had any deals which bought my total cost down to $119.94 (6 payments of $19.99).

When all else fails just threaten to cancel and they'll make you an offer you can't refuse like they did for me last year cause I refused to pay for any more seasons of Kyle Orton.

Plus I've been a 'loyal customer' for 10+ years so that helps also!
    Last edited by Mel B.; 07-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Man you guys got a deal I called a month ago and paid $195 for the $199 deal! But hey I am just happy to have it! Go Broncos!

I just saw this and I got sunday ticket for free. I called last week and complained about the Viacom issue before it was solved (having a little child you dont realize how much nick they watch lol) They gave me sunday ticket for free and gave me hd free for 6 months and 10 dollars off my bill for 6 months. Mind you my contract is up and I really could have cancelled if I wanted to.

Don't have direct TV so the dillema is:
    PS3 Sunday Ticket thru DirectTV online- $339 or split w/ someone for $170
    Hit the bars- $40 x 13ish - $520

has anyone ever tried bargaining the PS3 version?

I'm considering it... not sure how that would work though, call and bargain and they give an account credit or discount code or something

Quote Originally Posted by 350legend View Post
    where im @, theres time warner and im waiting Patiently for D Tv to come to my town to snatch that bargin up...
    DTV is satellite. U don't have to wait for them to come to your town. They don't provide via franchise agreements like cable co's and telco's. U can just call and order it. Now if u live in an apartment, condo, townhouse, or anywhere where "line of sight" or dish placement is an issue, they have the streaming only option which I believe is $199 only. That allows u watch every game on your PS3, iPad, iPhone, or computer.

can i just pay them in gum???

Quote Originally Posted by OhBehave30 View Post
    Don't have direct TV so the dillema is:
    PS3 Sunday Ticket thru DirectTV online- $339 or split w/ someone for $170
    Hit the bars- $40 x 13ish - $520
    Only $40 at the bar?!?! I budgeted $75. Lol. Get the ticket, living in VA I love it. I always negotiate too in order to get a lower price.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Quote Originally Posted by elwayfanatic07 View Post
    can i just pay them in gum???
    Only if it's Trident Layers.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

One of the few good reasons why I'm happy that I live in Comcast country. Red Zone channel is only $5 extra each month. But with a good amount of our games on Primetime this year, I dont think Sunday Ticket would be worth it.