Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The 5 Broncos I Am Most Excited About This Season

Where to stop? I used 5 as the magic number. Why? Because otherwise this write-up would take a little too long. So the following is the list of Broncos I am most excited about in '12 (and yes early '13 as well).

1) Peyton Manning - This one needs little explanation, other than I am still a bit shocked that he signed with us......and the shock is a good one! OK, to sum it up, I can't wait to watch this legend "lead" us. I can't wait to see how the team responds to him. I can't wait to watch him dissect opposing Ds. And it won't be with high velocity passes, though he can still wing 'em. It will be with passes thrown to the right spot at the right time, even if it's not a perfect spiral every time.

2) Von Miller - I can't wait to see this guy mature, and learn, and become a true leader on this team. And of course, I can't wait to see an abundance of sacks and other "disruptive" behaviour that he will inflict on opponents. And I can't wait to see others on our D capitalize because of the added attention placed on Von. The question is....."how good will he be?"

3) DT - I've been waiting for this young man to make a splash. We saw some solid evidence last year, and this coming from a receiver with a less than polished passer. This guy has the characteristics of a stud, including size and speed. With PM throwing to him, and probably quite often, I can not wait to see the results. This could be an amazing year for him, as well as some of the other receivers....and there may be a few!

4) Ronnie Hillman - Clearly this guy is not McGahee, and may never be a high load RB, but that is up for discussion. But what Hillman brings to the Broncos is much anticipated, and one more important piece of this potentially high output O.....I call it electricity, and in general terms, equates to home run potential in the backfield. And Ds need to pay special attention to home run players. One mistake and it's paydirt. And with the assortment of possibilities with our new O, Hillman's role may be that much more attractive, because opponents will not be able to cover everything in our arsenal....and what he brings is very exciting!

5) Because I stopped at 5, I am leaving out a handful that I wanted to mention. Lets just say I am eager to see how a number of our guys do this year, hopefully in a "step it up" mode. Of the younger bunch, I certainly hope Moore, Wolfe, Irving and Bolden make an impact. Franklin was a starter as a rook, and I can't wait to see him progress as a pass blocker (he will....he's had time and experience, and will be coached accordingly), because he's already shown that he is a bruising run blocker. And of course Champ, Doom and a number of others should lay a strong foundation for our success. But if I had to pick one guy who I am excited to see out there, it's...

Ryan Clady (whatever the contract situation), because I have remarked elsewhere that I believe he will take on Peyton's blindside like it's the most important thing he's ever done.......PLUS the guy can play. Lets face it, he had to deal with a very difficult injury, and looked pretty good in '11. In my books Clady will be a new man to some degree, knowing that he is the right guy to protect Manning, allowing him to shine in Denver.

~~~~~~~~~~

One last thing......bottom line, I can't wait to watch this whole team perform, as a team. The future looks mighty bright!!!

My top 5:

1. Manning – No further explanation needed
    2. Miller – I want to see him BRING THE PAIN
    3. DT – This could be his coming out party. He’s a huge, fast target. If he and Manning can get on the same page, watch out!
    4. Dumervil – Another player for QB’s to fear.
    5. Bailey – with the addition of Wolfe, Miller getting another year, and DOOM, the pass rush should be fierce. This might give Bailey an opportunity to pick off some more balls. Really, I could just say “DB” at #5, but Bailey is one of my favorite players and I think he will benefit from the pass rush as much as anytone.

Those are pretty much my top 5. I’ll throw in an honorable mention to Fox and JDR. Those guys should have the defense ready to play on Sunday.

For me you would have to add Wolf, Jackson, Moreno, Page, Oh heck, just add the entire team. I am ready for FOOTBALL! lol

1. Manning - Everything to me points to a good season for Manning and our passing offense, but there are still questions and I think we all are a little nervous to see what he does.
    2. Wolfe - A lot of people say he was a reach and he was our 1st pick of the draft. I see a guy with tremendous motor and if you follow him on twitter, you will see that he is incredibly hungry as a player. I hope he turns into a big steal.
    3. Secondary - BIG questions here so I had to group them together. Opposing teams QB's averaged a 104 QB rating when throwing 20+ yards on us last year. I'm looking forward to see how Mike Adams, Drayton Florence, and Tracy Porter fit in as free agent pick ups, how Champ plays a year older, and how our two young sophomore safeties step up. To me it feels like we made a big upgrade in general, and I'm excited to see the group step up.
    4. DT - It just feels like after the last several weeks of last season and with the addition of Manning that DT is going to have a pro bowl season. I want to see DOMINATION!
    5. Von Miller - Tremendous potential, 16-18 sacks possible???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1. Manning - Simple explanation - He's one of the greatest of all-time. Let's see if he's still got it!

2. Von Miller - Last Years Rookie of the year who could've been Defensive Player of the Year if not for his injury. With a proper off-season and a year to mature I can't see him not going further.

3. Ronnie Hillman - I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with R-Hill. A lot of dudes saying he's nothing but a "Darren Sproles" type RB but I think he could be much more. My sleeper pick for a pro bowl place.

4. Eric Decker - Although DT has the opportunity to be The Guy... I believe Decker will grow from his performance early last season. Both DT and Decker will have good years but I see Decker blowing up leading the team in TDs.

5. Quinton Carter - With increasingly good performances especially in the playoffs, I think Q has a chance to be our elite Safety for the next decade. If Rahim proves us all wrong and performs the way we want and what we expected last year... we'll have a great young safety tandem for years to come.
    All in for Siemian!

1.Manning- I want to see if he can be the same QB he was when he was with the Colts.If he does play to that potential we should have a 10 win season at least.

2.Receivers-How many TDs Decker,DT,Dressen,and Tamme will have with Manning behind the rock.

3. Secondary- Hopefully,our DBs has improved.Is it enough to compete with high powered passing teams such as New England and Detriot.Will Syd'quan Thompson make the team,or is Drayton Florence or Porter the real deal? Will Adams be a difference maker at safety?

4. Del Rio -will he be a difference maker for our defense.Will we be a top 10 defense this season.

5.DL- Will Warren be back to form like he played in New England.? Will Wolfe be the answer up the middle?
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 07-23-2012 at 08:06 PM.

We have a TON of ?'s and most of them have huge ceilings. We could either be above-average or great in the next year or two depending on the likes of Moore, Wolfe, Irving, Mays, Bolden, Hillman, and most importantly, obviously- Manning.

Those other names are ok and all, but if Manning is Manning it means so much less.

1)PFM
    2)Von
    3)Decker - already developing into PFM's favorite offseason receiver
    4) Omar Bolden- said to be high 1st round talent and according to reports he's glued to champs hip
    5)Julius Thomas- I just want a stud TE and this is our best athletic option. Super high ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Where to stop? I used 5 as the magic number.....
    5) But if I had to pick one guy who I am excited to see out there, it's...

Ryan Clady (whatever the contract situation), because I have remarked elsewhere that I believe he will take on Peyton's blindside like it's the most important thing he's ever done.......PLUS the guy can play. Lets face it, he had to deal with a very difficult injury, and looked pretty good in '11. In my books Clady will be a new man to some degree, knowing that he is the right guy to protect Manning, allowing him to shine in Denver.
    [on the offensive line]

On Ryan Clady. I really hope you're right. It my own personal opinion that he's fallen off. The stats obviously show this as well. He's not immortal. He is still our best Lineman and still top 12 lineman in the league(unscientific stat lol).

Bottom line is this guy really needs to return to being dominant like he was when Shanny was here. The good news is, with Manning behind him, his job got a whole lot easier.

I mean this with all due respect when I say "easier". When Tebow was QB, there's no way in hadez the OL knew where he'd end up on pass plays. On one sack last season, Tebow kept the play alive alright, but gave up for 40 yards doing it. I don't want this to sound like a Tebow bashing, because I loved last season. It was really VERY fun for me watching Tebow take the reigns especially after Orton.

With Orton behind Clady, Clady had another difficult job because Orton was quite immobile. Sometimes Orton bailed Clady out with an incomplete to the sidelines but most of the time, Orton's inability to force defenses to respect his game lead to defenses who could run down a slow Orton or force a holding penalty

Clady's strengths lie with a QB who's passing game (and overall game) garners respect of defenses. In other words, in order to have an elite left tackle, you kind of need an elite QB and vice verse in most situations (aside from the immortal QB's)

So it appears this is lining up quite nicely for Clady. The ground work is laid, it's really just a matter of his injury. Did he ever recover 100%?

I just want to add one thing about Orlando Franklin. I absolutely LOVE this guys playing attitude. He's a flat out monster. A wrecking ball ... a Masher. He's a handful to deal with - problem I've seen is many times he can't even control his own body. Some of that maniacal playing attitude actually injured some of our players because he's a wrecking ball! He's the one who broke Kuper's ankle wasn't he? If he can keep that great playing energy but somehow keep control of what he's doing - it'll be great!.

Fun thread Can. My top 5 would be (ever changing)

1) Derek Wolfe -I just have no idea what to expect! I can't wait to see what he's got.
    2) Ronnie Hillman- see 5
    3) Manning - soon we'll have the definitive answer to the abiding question: Can he still play?
    4) Chris Harris - I know all of you know how good he was last year for us. People stayed away from Champ, and Harris rose to the occasion time and time again. We might have ourselves what you call a diamond in the rough I love where this story is going..... Chris Harris!!!
    5) (this is kinda cheating but 5 is the entire RB corps) How that all shakes out this season is going to be exciting. I really like the talent we have there with Hillman injected into an already solid corps of pros. McGahee was VERY impressive last season. He made some startling fumbles at times but he patiently ran hard for us last season. Knowshon remains a question mark to a degree. It's obvious he's not the guy JMD hoped he would be. Lance Ball is getting mentioned an awful lot this offseason by the coaches and management. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ball getting a lot of snaps this year.

As we all know John Fox's preferred method of game managing includes a reliable running game. Elway also has stated numerous times how much he values the reliable running game. This is where I expect to see the Broncos offense begin this season's evolution. You'll likely see McCoy start where we left off last season (aside from the zone read) and see just how well we can pound the ball against the league. Combine a reliable running game with an intellectual QB and you really have the foundation for an offense that can contribute it's fair share to the game plan.

Thanks for the thread Can. 5 is very difficult # to get to. This time of year is the calm before the storm and I am really jones'n for my Broncos to get back on the practice field and start making news - and a daily basis.

----------------

.......honorable mentions in addition to the 5:

Von Miller - obvious

Rahime Moore - Let's not sugar coat this. He had a terrible rookie year. Embarrassing even. Reports from db.com are very positive so far this offseason, but his draft status warrants every attempt at giving the guy a chance to suceed. Hopefully it's not just PR propaganda. I like to to think db.com is better than that. Knowshon on the other hand has been spoken of quite rarely. Even in the RB corps articles, he's might get a passing mention. Where Lance Ball is really being talked up.

Robert Ayers Robert Ayers made game changing plays last year -and in big games. His stats might not have been stellar but he did shine in some big moments - I remember. Can he be a probowl type DLman? I think it's possible. Losing Bunk might hurt him. I dunno - I think he did a good job for us last season. I'd say thanks if I ran into him. He keeps out of trouble -seems like a really nice kid with his head on straight.

The new DB corps- all the vets we signed to sure up the back end of our defense. How will that turn out for us?

The WR corps- We got Manning - do I need to get into this? I think not

The new TE/FB corps - a great corps of guys in these position groups can make a huge difference in a team ability to control a game.

srry 4 the novel - I'm jones'n for some Broncos and need some questions answered!
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

1. Peyton Manning - Duh.
    2. DeMaryius Thomas - With all due respect to Orton/Tebow, DT will be the one to watch next season, with a quarterback of Manning's skill there's no reason that he can't have at least a 1000 yard season.
    3. Knowshon Moreno - Bit of a strange one, but I'm hoping that Knowshon will FINALLY live up to the hype. I just have a feeling that all the names on our depth chart who could potentially be above him, i.e McGahee, Hillman, Ball, JJ, will give him the focus and motivation that he needs to stay healthy and finally become a feature back for us.
    4. Von Miller - After a phenomenal rookie season, and managing to get 11.5 sacks despite spending a good portion with an injured thumb which did evidently hinder him, I think Von will be a definite DPOY contender.
    5. Chris Harris - Undrafted but arguably one of our real hidden gems, had a good season last season, looking for him to improve on that, I just hope that the additions of Tracy Porter and Drayton Florence don't hinder him.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Here's mine.

1) The one... The only... Syd'quan Thompson

No, of course it's PM (1). Sorry squid!

2) VonDoom. They're a package deal, and should be fun to watch.

3) Tracy Porter. We need a CB2 who can perform opposite Champ, because they're gonna get picked on all day. We need to get better play out of him than we got from Goodman (if only to justify his replacement). Hopefully we see some turnovers. And, uh, better tackling, but maybe that's asking too much.

4) Wolfe. With Bunkley gone - sadface - we need an interior presence. I have no expectations for Ty Warren.

5) Del Rio. He counts, right? I'm stoked to have him as our DC.

Honorable mentions: DT, Decker, Hillman, Clady, Harris.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Not gonna say anything new but here is mines

5. Nate Irvin / Joe Mays (whoever the starting MLB ends up being). It was said on one of the top 10 shows on NFL network that the most important thing to have in a 4-3 defense is an elite MLB. It is not required but it does make allot of other things easier. Last season the MLB at times was the worst player on the field...I hope that changes this year.

4. Ty Warren. We are banking allot on his ability to return healthy. It was pointed out in another preview online that both our starting DTs got hurt early last year. Well they both are back this year. If he can be the anchor we need from a DT then our run defense will be vastly improved.

3. DT, no one on the team has the talent to go from relative unknown outside Denver to All Pro more then DT. He has the physical tools to be a top 5 NFL WR .... can he stay healthy and put it all together mentally?!? I think we see a big pro bowl type year from him but the talent is there to straight go all pro will PM tossing him the pigskin.

2. Von Miller. This guy has talent like I have never seen before. I know some of you young Bronco fans probably do not know what a truely special defensive talent is to have in his youth but trust a guy who watched allot of elite defensive talent play in the 80s and 90s first hand...this guys is a straight play making baller! In some ways I wish we could use him in a traditional 3-4 OLB because I feel he would get 13-20 sacks year in and year out. In other ways I do have a feeling he can be molded into one of the best all around LBs this game has ever seen! My bold prediction is this year Von will return a int for a TD!

1. Peyton, this should be obvious. We signed what very well could turn out to be the best free agent signing ever.

Honorable mention...our TEs. Not sure who is going to step up but I see us playing some 2 TE sets this year and passing from them. PM loves the TE inside the 15. Someone is going to have a real good year or a couple guys are gonna have good years.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    My top 5:

1. Manning No further explanation needed
    2. Miller I want to see him BRING THE PAIN
    3. DT This could be his coming out party. Hes a huge, fast target. If he and Manning can get on the same page, watch out!
    4. Dumervil Another player for QBs to fear.
    5. Bailey with the addition of Wolfe, Miller getting another year, and DOOM, the pass rush should be fierce. This might give Bailey an opportunity to pick off some more balls. Really, I could just say DB at #5, but Bailey is one of my favorite players and I think he will benefit from the pass rush as much as anytone.

Those are pretty much my top 5. Ill throw in an honorable mention to Fox and JDR. Those guys should have the defense ready to play on Sunday.
    I need an explanation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    [on the offensive line]

On Ryan Clady. I really hope you're right. It my own personal opinion that he's fallen off. The stats obviously show this as well. He's not immortal. He is still our best Lineman and still top 12 lineman in the league(unscientific stat lol).

Bottom line is this guy really needs to return to being dominant like he was when Shanny was here. The good news is, with Manning behind him, his job got a whole lot easier.

I mean this with all due respect when I say "easier". When Tebow was QB, there's no way in hadez the OL knew where he'd end up on pass plays. On one sack last season, Tebow kept the play alive alright, but gave up for 40 yards doing it. I don't want this to sound like a Tebow bashing, because I loved last season. It was really VERY fun for me watching Tebow take the reigns especially after Orton.

With Orton behind Clady, Clady had another difficult job because Orton was quite immobile. Sometimes Orton bailed Clady out with an incomplete to the sidelines but most of the time, Orton's inability to force defenses to respect his game lead to defenses who could run down a slow Orton or force a holding penalty

Clady's strengths lie with a QB who's passing game (and overall game) garners respect of defenses. In other words, in order to have an elite left tackle, you kind of need an elite QB and vice verse in most situations (aside from the immortal QB's)

So it appears this is lining up quite nicely for Clady. The ground work is laid, it's really just a matter of his injury. Did he ever recover 100%?

I just want to add one thing about Orlando Franklin. I absolutely LOVE this guys playing attitude. He's a flat out monster. A wrecking ball ... a Masher. He's a handful to deal with - problem I've seen is many times he can't even control his own body. Some of that maniacal playing attitude actually injured some of our players because he's a wrecking ball! He's the one who broke Kuper's ankle wasn't he? If he can keep that great playing energy but somehow keep control of what he's doing - it'll be great!.

Fun thread Can. My top 5 would be (ever changing)

1) Derek Wolfe -I just have no idea what to expect! I can't wait to see what he's got.
    2) Ronnie Hillman- see 5
    3) Manning - soon we'll have the definitive answer to the abiding question: Can he still play?
    4) Chris Harris - I know all of you know how good he was last year for us. People stayed away from Champ, and Harris rose to the occasion time and time again. We might have ourselves what you call a diamond in the rough I love where this story is going..... Chris Harris!!!
    5) (this is kinda cheating but 5 is the entire RB corps) How that all shakes out this season is going to be exciting. I really like the talent we have there with Hillman injected into an already solid corps of pros. McGahee was VERY impressive last season. He made some startling fumbles at times but he patiently ran hard for us last season. Knowshon remains a question mark to a degree. It's obvious he's not the guy JMD hoped he would be. Lance Ball is getting mentioned an awful lot this offseason by the coaches and management. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ball getting a lot of snaps this year.

As we all know John Fox's preferred method of game managing includes a reliable running game. Elway also has stated numerous times how much he values the reliable running game. This is where I expect to see the Broncos offense begin this season's evolution. You'll likely see McCoy start where we left off last season (aside from the zone read) and see just how well we can pound the ball against the league. Combine a reliable running game with an intellectual QB and you really have the foundation for an offense that can contribute it's fair share to the game plan.

Thanks for the thread Can. 5 is very difficult # to get to. This time of year is the calm before the storm and I am really jones'n for my Broncos to get back on the practice field and start making news - and a daily basis.

----------------

.......honorable mentions in addition to the 5:

Von Miller - obvious

Rahime Moore - Let's not sugar coat this. He had a terrible rookie year. Embarrassing even. Reports from db.com are very positive so far this offseason, but his draft status warrants every attempt at giving the guy a chance to suceed. Hopefully it's not just PR propaganda. I like to to think db.com is better than that. Knowshon on the other hand has been spoken of quite rarely. Even in the RB corps articles, he's might get a passing mention. Where Lance Ball is really being talked up.

Robert Ayers Robert Ayers made game changing plays last year -and in big games. His stats might not have been stellar but he did shine in some big moments - I remember. Can he be a probowl type DLman? I think it's possible. Losing Bunk might hurt him. I dunno - I think he did a good job for us last season. I'd say thanks if I ran into him. He keeps out of trouble -seems like a really nice kid with his head on straight.

The new DB corps- all the vets we signed to sure up the back end of our defense. How will that turn out for us?

The WR corps- We got Manning - do I need to get into this? I think not

The new TE/FB corps - a great corps of guys in these position groups can make a huge difference in a team ability to control a game.

srry 4 the novel - I'm jones'n for some Broncos and need some questions answered!
    Good novel!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    1. Peyton Manning - Duh.
    2. DeMaryius Thomas - With all due respect to Orton/Tebow, DT will be the one to watch next season, with a quarterback of Manning's skill there's no reason that he can't have at least a 1000 yard season.
    3. Knowshon Moreno - Bit of a strange one, but I'm hoping that Knowshon will FINALLY live up to the hype. I just have a feeling that all the names on our depth chart who could potentially be above him, i.e McGahee, Hillman, Ball, JJ, will give him the focus and motivation that he needs to stay healthy and finally become a feature back for us.
    4. Von Miller - After a phenomenal rookie season, and managing to get 11.5 sacks despite spending a good portion with an injured thumb which did evidently hinder him, I think Von will be a definite DPOY contender.
    5. Chris Harris - Undrafted but arguably one of our real hidden gems, had a good season last season, looking for him to improve on that, I just hope that the additions of Tracy Porter and Drayton Florence don't hinder him.
    I sooooo hope that KM finds the road to success......I believe there is a reasonble chance at that happening. He looked so good in the game that he got injured last year. I know, he hasn't lived up yet, but he had some really strong games for us. And I love the way he fights for extra yards.....even though that's not working for him from a health perspective.

BUT we can hope!