Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scutaro traded to Giants

https://twitter.com/Rockies/statuses/229059871172075520

We got 2B Charlie Culberson for him. Culberson has hit .236 with 10 homers and 53 RBI's for the Giants AAA team, and when he got called up, has hit .136.

Another bad trade by bad GM.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

good grief, what an awful trade... now scutaro will tear us apart every game like every other guy we have traded.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Rockies/statuses/229059871172075520

We got 2B Charlie Culberson for him. Culberson has hit .236 with 10 homers and 53 RBI's for the Giants AAA team, and when he got called up, has hit .136.

Another bad trade by bad GM.
    This trade was about $$$. Saved the Rockies 2 million bucks.

The scoop on Culberson:

1st round supplemental pick in 07 by the Giants.

Positives:
    -Great defense, especially at 2B. Turns a double-play easily and has good range to both sides.
    -Decent speed. Not a base stealer, but can get a few here and there (similar to Scutaro or Herrera speed).
    -Hits the breaking ball well. Isn't simply a dead red hitter.
    -Great hustle. Plays the game the right way.
    -Good gap hitter. Racks up doubles and hits to all areas of the field.
    -Age. He is 23 and still has time to develop before his prime.

Negatives:
    -Chases too many pitches. His offensive woes are from him expanding the strike zone and can rack up Ks.
    -Not elite power. Not bad power, but projects to hit about 10-15 at most a year.
    -Even with more dedicated strike zone, he doesn't project to hit more than .280. His offensive ceiling seems to be about the league average.

Overall: Rutledge is probably the better prospect, but he is possibly better than Lemahieu. Should get a chance to stick with the team this year and Coors can help him get some offensive confidence.

I like the value we got, I don't like the position we got. 2B is a weak spot, but with Lemahieu, Rutledge, and possibly Nelson all pushing for playing time I can't see how this was needed. I would grade the trade a C.

Scutaro also said he wouldn't mind rejoining the Rockies after this year. He said he liked the talent and thinks they are close from making a splash.

Stupid as hell. HATE IT.

Hated scutaro as a Sox...but loved him as a Rockie. Pissed as hell about this crappy ass trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Stupid as hell. HATE IT.

Hated scutaro as a Sox...but loved him as a Rockie. Pissed as hell about this crappy ass trade.
    about sums it up... but im pissed as hell about how the season has gone too.

I think you guys are overvaluing a 36 year old SS/2B that was about to hit FA. I really don't think O'Dowd could have gotten much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I think you guys are overvaluing a 36 year old SS/2B that was about to hit FA. I really don't think O'Dowd could have gotten much more.
    Yea I'm not unhappy with the value, I just don't like the position. Then again, I really don't know what players were offered for Scut, so I can't fairly judge what else was offered.

Thanks guys!

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    He already stated he wanted to stay here. So more than likely we re-sign him. He's been very solid for us.

Plus we don't have a better option at 2B and he provides some veteran presence to a very young club.

Terrible trade. Period. We didnt gain anything. But we lost a presence that a young team needs.

Not to mention we helped a NL West rival.

Regardless if we are in the hunt or not...that's just dumb.

Keep on, keepin' on, O'dowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    He already stated he wanted to stay here. So more than likely we re-sign him. He's been very solid for us.

Plus we don't have a better option at 2B and he provides some veteran presence to a very young club.

Terrible trade. Period. We didnt gain anything. But we lost a presence that a young team needs.
    Money talked in this deal nothing more. The Rockies were reluctant to take on his contract before we first acquired him. Nothing else mattered. Scutaro did fine here but this trade doesn't really bother me. We have enough veterans on this team. And Mark Ellis said he wanted to stay here too after last season. But money talked, so, it wouldn't be a forgone conclusion Scutaro would have stayed. He did say he would consider coming back in the winter.

And yes trading him to what O'Dowd said was our rival was weird.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 07-28-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Nice to see Scu-scu-scutaro with 2 RBI's tonight.

We put up a solid effort though tonight. Maybe next time.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Big night last night.