Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Does the lightrail go all the way to the airport ? Pierre
    It does not, however there is a service called SkyRide from RTD (our local transit) that has charters from Park-N-Rides to DIA and vice/versa.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide_SubHome.shtml

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by COBronc78 View Post
    Not for another couple years unfortunately. That's one bad thing about Denver, the airport is not centrally located. About a 25-30 minute drive from the airport.
    Thanks for the info. P

Thanks for the info...checked out some outside of downtown. One was Cherry Creek with some reasonably priced hotels. About how far from the stadium is that and what's the area like?

Stay downtown, meet us before the game at LoDo's Bar and Grill- we take a cab over to the game. LoDo's is a Bills backer bar, but is loaded with football fans. We get there early, like 10:30AM and watch most of the Bills game then head over to Sports Authority.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Stay downtown, meet us before the game at LoDo's Bar and Grill- we take a cab over to the game. LoDo's is a Bills backer bar, but is loaded with football fans. We get there early, like 10:30AM and watch most of the Bills game then head over to Sports Authority.

Do you have any places that we could stay at that is not too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomachief View Post
    Do you have any places that we could stay at that is not too expensive?
    Honestly, not a clue! Even when on the road on vacation, we stay in Bed and Breakfasts... they are typically less expensive, and we only do Holiday Inns because my wife gets miles from works....

You could stay in the Tech Center like others have mentioned, but I would do some work and find a reasonable place to stay near the City. I would imagine you can find a room somwhere for 100-150 a night, maybe even less...

Fall is a grea time in Denver, there is nothing better than sitting downtown drinking Molson Canadien drafts on a rooftops patio.... and is it 60-70 degrees... I am pretty excited.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Thanks for the help guys, I've always considered Bronco fans the classiest in the AFCW (minus us Chief fans of course). I can't wait to come to Denver for the game! Real excited!

Question for fellow locals: What do YOU consider the best Sports Bar in Downtown Denver to watch games with the best flat screens, food, etc.?!
    I've been to Lodo's Bar and Grill, The Tavern, Tilted Kilt, etc.
    Will be going to the Home Opener against Pittsburgh and wanted to set up at a relaxing spot around 10:30 a.m. or so to watch the morning game and half of the afternoon games before heading to the stadium.
    Just wondering what YOU consider the best sports bar to catch LOTS of games at once downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonGoesDeep View Post
    Question for fellow locals: What do YOU consider the best Sports Bar in Downtown Denver to watch games with the best flat screens, food, etc.?!
    I've been to Lodo's Bar and Grill, The Tavern, Tilted Kilt, etc.
    Will be going to the Home Opener against Pittsburgh and wanted to set up at a relaxing spot around 10:30 a.m. or so to watch the morning game and half of the afternoon games before heading to the stadium.
    Just wondering what YOU consider the best sports bar to catch LOTS of games at once downtown.
    The Tavern, from what I can see is a Raiders hangout. I tend to stay away from that group of Inbred Mouthbreathers who think their team is going anywhere anytime soon.

I like LoDo's- we get there early and grab great seats at the bar to watch the Bills. Then, we don;t move our butts and 3 hours later its a Broncos bar and we are set. I like the bartenders at Lodo's better, the food is reasonable.... we drink alot and eat alot and never spend a fortune.

Also, they have Genny Cream Ale on tap.... classic

Organized Tailgating

I'm coming to Denver as well for the opening game vs Pittsburgh with 3 buds from Montreal. Obviously we can't bring our tailgate stuff with us. Is there a place around the stadium where we can find a pre organized tailgate ?
    Thanks guys. Pierre
    You can go to the south side of the stadium where they have a huge tent set up for organized tailgating. You'll find cheerleaders, former Broncos players, televisions w/games, and tons of beer to drink!

Quote Originally Posted by R8rH8r1 View Post
    You can go to the south side of the stadium where they have a huge tent set up for organized tailgating. You'll find cheerleaders, former Broncos players, televisions w/games, and tons of beer to drink!

Super. Do you need to make a reservation or you just show up ? P

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Casa Bonita! Fine Mexican restaurant. Good food and refreshing beverages.
    Oh, Im serious. I love Casa Bonita! Great family atmosphere, good food and refreshing beverages and not too expensive. Plus you get a show with actors diving into a pool, an old western shoot-out, black Bart's cave! I make it a point to visit it whenever Im in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Oh, Im serious. I love Casa Bonita! Great family atmosphere, good food and refreshing beverages and not too expensive. Plus you get a show with actors diving into a pool, an old western shoot-out, black Bart's cave! I make it a point to visit it whenever Im in town.
    The food is a SMIDGE better under new ownership, but to take a family of four you're dropping 50-60 bucks just on food and drinks. Not that cheap at all.

Hooray, beer!

i just changed my hotel from Aurora to the Comfort Inn downtown. When we are there Oktoberfest is happening downtown.

Super. Do you need to make a reservation or you just show up ? P
    No reservations needed, just go to the entry booth and pay a nominal fee and receive a bracelet and enter. I do this before games when I go. Get to watch some of the early games, drink beer, have something to eat, and check out some cool peeps!