• Show
Clear All
  • Frenchy180
    Football Immortal
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by VenomousDB
    Lol they were obviously joking.
    Hacienda sucks too by the way
    I hear it's not what it used to be anymore... sad... but yeah, eating at Casa Bonita, is like paying $10 for a tv dinner and a sub par show that they might not even be doing that night... It's ok if you've got a large group of kids you just want to keep entertained, but other than that stay away.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Pacioli
      Practice Squad
      • Sep 2006

I like Falling Rock Tap House and Yard House for their beer selection, but have not been there on game day, so can't speak to the football atmosphere. I will also be in Denver for the Pitt opener, and plan to take my Steeler friend who is coming in from Las Vegas to one or both places Saturday night.

I usually stay at the Hyatt by the Colorado Convention Center, but the rates are sky high for the Pitt game. Embassy Suites is across the street and had not jacked up rates last I checked, so you might look there. I really prefer to stay downtown when in Denver for Bronco games, as transportation to and from the game is very convenient and costs less than $5.

Comment

• legend
        Bench Warmer
        • Jan 2005

Are there any kid friendly places as I'll be in town for the Saints SNF on October 28th with my son. For a night game, what time does the tailgating start and my son is 12, so I'm not sure if he can participate but he is a bona fide Broncos fan from birth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
        www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

• tnedator
          All-Pro
          • Oct 2004

If you can swing it cost wise, try and find a hotel within a few blocks of the 16th street mall? Lots of restaurants, bars, etc. to go to.

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
          Stay downtown, meet us before the game at LoDo's Bar and Grill- we take a cab over to the game. LoDo's is a Bills backer bar, but is loaded with football fans. We get there early, like 10:30AM and watch most of the Bills game then head over to Sports Authority.
          Do you take a cab back from the stadium? I've never gone to the taxi stand to see how long the wait is to catch a taxi after the game.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• PowderAddict
            Go Broncos
            • Feb 2006

He's a chiefs fan, we should be telling him to get a room in Pueblo, as it's walking distance to the stadium

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by legend View Post
              Are there any kid friendly places as I'll be in town for the Saints SNF on October 28th with my son. For a night game, what time does the tailgating start and my son is 12, so I'm not sure if he can participate but he is a bona fide Broncos fan from birth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
              Me too!! Should be a good game!!
              sigpic

Comment

• RockyMtnConvert
                Special Teams
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
                If you can swing it cost wise, try and find a hotel within a few blocks of the 16th street mall? Lots of restaurants, bars, etc. to go to.

Do you take a cab back from the stadium? I've never gone to the taxi stand to see how long the wait is to catch a taxi after the game.
                We cab it back, but we don't wait in that line... we flash some cash and grab a cab before the line.... the cab driver plays dumb and if we get caught we play dumb.

We also never wait in line for the bathroom... that is what the exit is for... LOL
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• VenomousDB
                  All-Pro
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  I hear it's not what it used to be anymore... sad... but yeah, eating at Casa Bonita, is like paying $10 for a tv dinner and a sub par show that they might not even be doing that night... It's ok if you've got a large group of kids you just want to keep entertained, but other than that stay away.
                  Yeah Ive been to Hacienda 3 or 4 times now, a couple of times the food was decent, and the other times it was awful. If you have a chance go to a little restaurant called Marcos-definitely the best Mexican food around here.

And I have not been to Casa Bonita in about 15 years. I remember how bad the food was even then!
                  sigpic

Comment

• oklahomachief
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    He's a chiefs fan, we should be telling him to get a room in Pueblo, as it's walking distance to the stadium
                    Haha, I was afraid that would happen

Comment

• Noonskadoodle17
                      Practice Squad
                      • Oct 2009

Me & my buddy are flying in for 2 weeks for a couple Rockies games & the Seahwaks preseason game.

Do people still tailgate for preseason games? Haha this is my first time coming to Denver so Im trying to have a blast!!!

Comment

• RockyMtnConvert
                        Special Teams
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VenomousDB
                        Lol they were obviously joking.
                        Hacienda sucks too by the way
                        If you want real ethnic food, Mexican, try colfax and Havanna, Tacos Y Salsa.... It's about as real as you will get... And it s not slathered 10 pound burritos in 16 pounds of cheese, that people associate with Mexican food... Its three hand made tortilla with dark meat chicken and some Modest toppings.... Accompanying some rice and real refrieds..... And nobody in the joint speak English, and everybody looks at you like "what are you doing in here?".

You won't regret it, it's really great
                        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• VenomousDB
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

If you want real ethnic food, Mexican, try colfax and Havanna, Tacos Y Salsa.... It's about as real as you will get... And it s not slathered 10 pound burritos in 16 pounds of cheese, that people associate with Mexican food... Its three hand made tortilla with dark meat chicken and some Modest toppings.... Accompanying some rice and real refrieds..... And nobody in the joint speak English, and everybody looks at you like "what are you doing in here?".

You won't regret it, it's really great
                          Haha yeah unfortunately I dont hang around colfax and feds
                          Edit: Havana**
                          sigpic

Comment

• rst08tierney
                            VISIONS OF CONFETTI
                            • Nov 2006

We cab it back, but we don't wait in that line... we flash some cash and grab a cab before the line.... the cab driver plays dumb and if we get caught we play dumb.

We also never wait in line for the bathroom... that is what the exit is for... LOL
                            don't take this personally, but the reason we as a society are hit with more rules, taxes and higher prices are because of the people who can't abide by the rules and guidelines that have already been put in place.

Honestly, do you think anyone likes to wait in line especially a long line during halftime to take a wiz? The answers no but fortunately there are some who will still wait patiently since its the right thing to do.

You will learn shortly there are no short cuts in life. You will end up paying more for your seats and cab rides down the line for this.
                            Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Broncs4life75
                              Practice Squad
                              • Apr 2008

If you have time, I always recommend a trip up to Red Rocks Amphitheater. It's a beautiful place with a ton of music history and its about a 15-20 min drive from Denver. Have fun while you are here!

Comment

• broncosking209
                                Practice Squad
                                • Nov 2006

Broncos fan Coming to denver need help

Soooo I finally got myself a good job and im taking a trip to denver to watch the broncos vs saints game. Already got the hotel and what not settled and figure ill roam the town and hit up bars and what not..

My curiousity is seating. Im looking at seats but the problem is you cant see the view from there

Heres the link im using.. http://www.ticketcity.com/nfl-ticket...-28-620pm.html So those of you whove been to games can you tell me how the view is in spots like 317 and 331the level 2 areas as well. Is it too high and hows the view of the whole field from there

Any help is appreciated and i will hand out as much cp as i can

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X