Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wide gap after 4 top receivers

There's a "wide gap" between the Broncos' top four receivers and the rest, including Matt Willis.
    Andre Caldwell and Brandon Stokley are competing the third receiver role behind Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. Willis will have to hold off Gerell Robinson and former Arena Football League star Greg Orton for the final spot.

Related: Greg Orton, Gerell Robinson
    Source: CBSSports.com

I have always suspected the top 4 without a doubt will be Decker, Tomas, Stokley and Caldwell. it seems there is a battle for #5 and #6 (if we keep 6).

There are eleven WRs in camp. DT, Decker, Caldwell and Willis make the team for sure IMO because Willis can return Punts/Kicks. That leaves seven guys fighting for one spot because I think the Broncos keep five WRs. The fifth guy must play ST which hurts Stokley's chances.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

i think Stokley is in no matter what. he has real good chemistry with Manning which helps him. i agree if Willis is going to be used for returning punts/kicks then he definitely will be the 5th. But I honestly don't see how Stokley doesn't make the team, especially since he has been making many play in TC with Manning.

Do you guys see us keeping 5 or 6 receivers?

I see is keeping the obvious three and stokes, willis, and robinson. Not keeping 6 would not be wise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are eleven WRs in camp. DT, Decker, Caldwell and Willis make the team for sure IMO because Willis can return Punts/Kicks. That leaves seven guys fighting for one spot because I think the Broncos keep five WRs. The fifth guy must play ST which hurts Stokley's chances.
    I think there is a very good chance Willis is done here, barring injury. He is 28 and hasn't proven much of anything yet. He can play ST but so can some of the younger players. They may not have his speed but it's not like Willis is a great ST player either. As far as KR/PR, he has only had 9 returns in his career so it isn't like he has had huge production. I think they may want to go younger with Robinson, Grisham, or Orton over Willis because they might have more upside and I think we have seen the best of Willis already.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
    i think Stokley is in no matter what. he has real good chemistry with Manning which helps him. i agree if Willis is going to be used for returning punts/kicks then he definitely will be the 5th. But I honestly don't see how Stokley doesn't make the team, especially since he has been making many play in TC with Manning.

Do you guys see us keeping 5 or 6 receivers?
    I think 6 would be good with the increased passing attack. They saw what happened last season what can happen with not enough WR when they had to play Tebow at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think 6 would be good with the increased passing attack. They saw what happened last season what can happen with not enough WR when they had to play Tebow at WR.
    I think 6 as well.

the obvious 3, stokley, robinson and orton/willis.

This conversation leads to a question of how many players there will be at each offensive position.

This conversation leads to a question of how many players there will be at each offensive position.
    i have em at:
    QB:3
    RB:4
    FB: 1
    WR:6
    TE:3
    Oline: 8

I could see a FB, WR, or RB dropped for an Oline though. That 9th Oline would nice to have since I have Clark not making the team and he would be decent depth.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-31-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    i have em at:
    QB:3
    RB:4
    FB: 1
    WR:6
    TE:3
    Oline: 8

I could see a FB, WR, or RB dropped for an Oline though
    only 1 i think might be higher on that list is TE, im thinking we keep 4.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
    only 1 i think might be higher on that list is TE, im thinking we keep 4.
    Green is out the first game so I didn't count him. When/if he comes back then they would have to cut one, prob the 6th WR or FB

Unless you're the Packers, you're supposed to have a gap after your top 4 receivers.

Was looking at the roster this morning. Trying to guess who the 53 plus 10 would be. Gave myself a headache. It's too early to even guess. The equalizer ,injuries, could settle the debates about who makes it and who doesn't. I agree about Stokeley, he's looked good in camp but he isn't a st player I think he is in the last cuts.

Because of the commitment to a varied rushing attack, I see the Broncos keeping a FB on the roster.

After Green serves his suspension, I think he is added to the roster because he is the best blocker among the TEs. Since PM likes tight formations, I think the Broncos end up with four TEs.

Since the QB will not be an integral part of the rushing attack in 2012, I think the Broncos will keep four RBs on the roster.

9 OL would be nice, but I think they keep 8; Blake as a C/G, Clark as a T/G and Harris as a T. They'll need two Gs on the PS for practice purposes.

Who knows? Maybe the Broncos keep only two QBs?

2QBs + 1FB + 4RBS + 4TEs + 8OL + 6WR ???

If they go with 3QBs, it needs to be 5 WRs.

Because of the commitment to a varied rushing attack, I see the Broncos keeping a FB on the roster.

After Green serves his suspension, I think he is added to the roster because he is the best blocker among the TEs. Since PM likes tight formations, I think the Broncos end up with four TEs.

Since the QB will not be an integral part of the rushing attack in 2012, I think the Broncos will keep four RBs on the roster.

9 OL would be nice, but I think they keep 8; Blake as a C/G, Clark as a T/G and Harris as a T. They'll need two Gs on the PS for practice purposes.

Who knows? Maybe the Broncos keep only two QBs?

2QBs + 1FB + 4RBS + 4TEs + 8OL + 6WR ???

If they go with 3QBs, it needs to be 5 WRs.