Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Which uses this poll in its equation...

I'm just sayin.
    yeah, 2 1/2 months from now after most teams have already played 8 games

even then, it still doesn't matter what it says, only matters what the BCS poll says.

the fact that the college football post season match-ups are decided based on polls is a travesty, its one of the main things that sets the NFL apart from college football IMO

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

even then, it still doesn't matter what it says, only matters what the BCS poll says.

the fact that the college football post season match-ups are decided based on polls is a travesty, its one of the main things that sets the NFL apart from college football IMO
    In it's also a reason why I'll never consider any team(even Michigan) that wins the BCS championship the best team in football.

All you are is the best team in your conference and better than the team that you played, whom could be from your own conference of just the best in their own conference.

It's not like they play a power house from each conference.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    In it's also a reason why I'll never consider any team(even Michigan) that wins the BCS championship the best team in football.

All you are is the best team in your conference and better than the team that you played, whom could be from your own conference of just the best in their own conference.

It's not like they play a power house from each conference.
    definitely

cant wait for the 4 team playoff, even though it needs to be 8

i don't care if they use polls to decide who will be in the playoffs, just not to decide the end result of who is the best.

you being a Michigan fan and me being a Nebraska fan, 1997 comes to mind. our teams should have played each other to decide the real national champion that year, even though it would have been Nebraska anyways.

definitely

i don't care if they use polls to decide who will be in the playoffs, just not to decide the end result of who is the best.

you being a Michigan fan and me being a Nebraska fan, 1997 comes to mind. our teams should have played each other to decide the real national champion that year, even though it would have been Nebraska anyways.
    Didnt wash state almost win that game and Nebraska trounced Tennessee?

Hooray, beer!

I agree.

I think they should wait 3-4 weeks before even coming out with a poll at all. How can you rank teams who haven't played a game, it's insane....

definitely

Pff, I doubt Nebraska would win. In that's the same thing Nebraska fans said last year around this time about their debut in the Big 10....we all know how that game went.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Didnt wash state almost win that game and Nebraska trounced Tennessee?
    yeah, they destroyed the peyton manning lead vols. my teams always seem to have success against that guy

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Pff, I doubt Nebraska would win. In that's the same thing Nebraska fans said last year around this time about their debut in the Big 10....we all know how that game went.
    the current Nebraska team is nothing like the teams from the 90's, back then Nebraska was crushing teams, just two years before that they beat Florida in the national championship and served them the worst defeat in history, in a national title game.

that was a good Florida team too, they beat Florida st in the national championship really bad the next year. that was actually the second worse defeat in history, they must have been PO'ed after what the huskers did to them. lol

the current Nebraska team is an embarrassment compared to the former huskers of the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-03-2012 at 02:21 AM.

The Badgers are ranked 12th.. I expect only one of those two numbers to be around come Bowl Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    The Badgers are ranked 12th.. I expect only one of those two numbers to be around come Bowl Season.
    I expect neither of those numbers to be around come bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I expect neither of those numbers to be around come bowl season.
    I wish the Tide weren't scared to play the Badgers...

Itll be nice to see some college ball here soon. I agree, these rankings dont mean much at all. They will change before it matters.

No way in hell the badgers are ranked 1 or 2. They got another transfer qb which i dont see doin that great. Anythin is possible and im sure theyll be pretty good, but i dont see them.contending for a title this year. Hopefully never

GO IOWA!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    I wish the Tide weren't scared to play the Badgers...
    For the thousandth time I'm not an Alabama fan. Why are people so ignorant that they assume everyone from Alabama is an Alabama fan?

First off I grew up in Colorado so I'm a Buffs fan. Second there are two teams in this state. Both who have won championships in the last 3 years which is more than Wisconsin can say. I'm an Auburn fan and can't stand Alabama so that trash talk doesn't work.

Third Alabama isn't afraid to play anybody. They have scheduled more top 10 or top 25 non conference matchups in the past 5 years than anyone in the country. Except maybe Boisie.

They aren't afraid of the Big 10 as they handled Penn St the last two years and are playing Michigan this year. I guess you will just have to wait your turn in line. They prefer to play the more storied programs out of the Big 10.

nobody is worried about Wisconsin at the championship level. they have a chance to win the big 10 but they are not running the table, which is what would have to happen in order for them to jump all the way to 1 or 2

Why is nobody worried about the Badgers at a Championship level? I see one tough road game on the schedule this year, the rest of their big games are at Camp Randall. If the Badgers go undefeated out of the B1G, there is no way they aren't 1 or 2.

Alabama and Nick Sabin didn't want any part of Wisconsin.