Help Ala Find the Constitution

Okay, so I know all of us remember that when we were in school, just about every year our social studies teacher would give us one of those pocket versions of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

When I was a teacher, I got these for free, but they mostly just appeared in my classroom in big boxes, and I never really asked where they came from. They were probably provided by one of the non-profits that run around, but I'm not entirely positive.

Now I'm working on a project and I'm no longer a teacher. I don't know where to find any, and the searches I've done on the Internet turn up some that are about a buck a piece (which is fine except I need a bunch of them) and the shipping gets expensive.

So...

Does anyone out there know where to get those pocket sized pamphlets of the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution?

I'm working on a limited budget here. I could use some help.

PS: It cannot be partisan or have footnotes or labels on it that represent a partisan interest.

If it helps, here's a picture of one version (this is a picture of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner):

Attached Images Attached Images

This is about the best deal I've been able to find. 100 of them for $35, but I'd still like to keep it under $20. I guess I was always under the impression that the government printed these for schools for free or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I have no idea where my teachers - or even myself personally - used to get them. They must have come from one of the education non-profits every year. I know most schools couldn't afford to purchase these at retail value for all their students, that's for sure.

So I'm not sure where they came from, and I'm having a heck of a time finding them on my own.

gotta say... my school must have sucked or been outside the reach of these non profits you speak of, because I never once got a pocket constitution or declaration of independence... unless they gave it out during math class, then I just wasn't paying attention.

edit: would a pdf that you can print work? or would that be too costly? how many of these things do you need?

edit#2: in case you can print it off, here's a link http://constitutionbooklet.com/
    Last edited by Frenchy180; 08-08-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    gotta say... my school must have sucked or been outside the reach of these non profits you speak of, because I never once got a pocket constitution or declaration of independence... unless they gave it out during math class, then I just wasn't paying attention.

edit: would a pdf that you can print work? or would that be too costly? how many of these things do you need?
    A PDF might work, but the last one I tried was 56 pages and I don't have a way to make them into a booklet. So... I can use a "reasonable" amount of paper and printing, but at 56 pages plus ink that becomes more expensive than the first option I listed to order on the net.

If I could find one that was more efficient and that I could easily make a booklet out of that would work, but I don't know how to go about making them into a booklet either. Maybe we can find a site that explains all that as well, but so far I'm not seeing any.

How many do I need?

About 20 to start. I'll need more later, so if we need to get more I can work with that, but I really only need about 20 to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    A PDF might work, but the last one I tried was 56 pages and I don't have a way to make them into a booklet. So... I can use a "reasonable" amount of paper and printing, but at 56 pages plus ink that becomes more expensive than the first option I listed to order on the net.

If I could find one that was more efficient and that I could easily make a booklet out of that would work, but I don't know how to go about making them into a booklet either. Maybe we can find a site that explains all that as well, but so far I'm not seeing any.

How many do I need?

About 20 to start. I'll need more later, so if we need to get more I can work with that, but I really only need about 20 to get going.
    the link I put in my second edit of my first post only needs 5 pieces of paper per booklet, so you're looking at 100 pieces of paper (I know, you easily could have done that math...) so if that 56 pages was a per booklet number, this is much more efficient

You edited as I was posting.

That's perfect, Frenchy!

THAT I can work with. Thank you!

Glad I could help! Finally my late hours helped someone out

I got the Canadian version, that help?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

We never got those!!!!

The American Civil Liberties Union has pocket-sized Constitutions.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I got the Canadian version, that help?
    grumble grumble trudeau grumble grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    grumble grumble trudeau grumble grumble.
    Lol. Yup. Made my job a pain in the ass
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich