Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Replacement Refs

Anyone else worried about these guys? Just saw them make a horrible call already in Bills vs Redskins game. They said the ball was downed in the end zone during a punt when it wasn't even close. The ball was around the 4 yard line. Buffalo had to waste a challenge for them to get it right.

I saw that.. lol.. buffalo had to challenge on it .. so ridiculous

Eh, it's just preseason They are getting ready for the season just like the players.

It's not like these refs have never officiated Football or at a NFL level. Some of them are retired NFL officials, some college, some semi pro.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

That was a horrible call on Perry celebrating after sacking Phyllis.

No idea what he seen wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    That was a horrible call on Perry celebrating after sacking Phyllis.

No idea what he seen wrong there.
    Yeah I take back my previous post after that.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Flicking through gamepass and I've yet to see a set of refs call things perfectly, I'm talking stuff like calling the "Falcons" the "Cardinals" and such. Panic!

Don't even bother with numbers, they just call out random ones.

"Passing interference on Bears defense ...... uhhh, number 15."

Not sure if anyone else noticed, and it may have been mentioned in the gameday thread, but remember the defensive holding call on Chicago in the 2nd Quarter right before the Lance Ball touchdown?

Here's the excerpt from the Official Gamebook...

Denver Broncos at 7:47
    1-10-DEN 43 (7:47) (Shotgun) C.Hanie pass short left to K.Moreno to DEN 49 for 6 yards (N.Collins).
    2-4-DEN 49 (7:05) K.Moreno right guard to CHI 44 for 7 yards (D.DeCicco). R8
    1-10-CHI 44 (6:26) (Shotgun) C.Hanie pass deep right to C.Ingram to CHI 24 for 20 yards (B.Hardin). P9
    1-10-CHI 24 (5:49) L.Ball left tackle to CHI 20 for 4 yards (N.Collins).
    2-6-CHI 20 (5:11) C.Hanie pass short right to L.Ball to CHI 20 for no gain (P.Trahan).
    PENALTY on CHI, Defensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CHI 20 - No Play. X10

10 yards for defensive holding? Did they change the rule or something?

I knew something was weird because one play we're on the 20, and then after the penalty it's 1st & Goal on the 10.
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, and it may have been mentioned in the gameday thread, but remember the defensive holding call on Chicago in the 2nd Quarter right before the Lance Ball touchdown?

Here's the excerpt from the Official Gamebook...

Denver Broncos at 7:47
    1-10-DEN 43 (7:47) (Shotgun) C.Hanie pass short left to K.Moreno to DEN 49 for 6 yards (N.Collins).
    2-4-DEN 49 (7:05) K.Moreno right guard to CHI 44 for 7 yards (D.DeCicco). R8
    1-10-CHI 44 (6:26) (Shotgun) C.Hanie pass deep right to C.Ingram to CHI 24 for 20 yards (B.Hardin). P9
    1-10-CHI 24 (5:49) L.Ball left tackle to CHI 20 for 4 yards (N.Collins).
    2-6-CHI 20 (5:11) C.Hanie pass short right to L.Ball to CHI 20 for no gain (P.Trahan).
    PENALTY on CHI, Defensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CHI 20 - No Play. X10

10 yards for defensive holding? Did they change the rule or something?

I knew something was weird because one play we're on the 20, and then after the penalty it's 1st & Goal on the 10.
    it seems there were calls like that in almost every game I watched. During the Washington game Buffalo had to challenge a call a ref made after they placed the ball on the 20 on a punt when it was downed on the five.

took what seemed like FOREVER to sort out.

Roger please... pay the zebras! please!

side note... I hope the pre season reffing really helps people appreciate the refs a bit more... which I realize probably is a ridiculous thing to say but .. seriously

Welp, here comes another Replacements movie!

I was at the Buffalo debacle (I refuse to call that a game) and the refs are beyond terrible. The touchback call might have been the worst call I have ever seen and there were several missed calls on pass interferences. Its like these refs have never watched a game before.

I'm worried about these replacements, I know everybody makes mistakes, but in the games I saw, these guys blow the whistle too late when forward progress is stopped, somebody could get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    I'm worried about these replacements, I know everybody makes mistakes, but in the games I saw, these guys blow the whistle too late when forward progress is stopped, somebody could get hurt.
    Everything they do is off. One ref(I believe it was the Broncos game) didn't know the jersey number of who the penalty was on. He was like "50......(long pause)....9.".

If the NFL doesn't get a deal done with the real Zebras, these replacements are gonna make this a long season.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

They called holding on the Giants' punt returner. Yes, the guy actually returning the ball. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    They called holding on the Giants' punt returner. Yes, the guy actually returning the ball. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
    Doesn't surprise me.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders