View Poll Results: How many of our practice squad players will be claimed?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 22.73%

5 22.73%

4 18.18%

4 18.18%

2 9.09%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Going to be some tough, tough cuts....

Especially on the DL (surprisingly)

Really liked what i saw from the DL tonight.

And Irving looked pretty good.

Some talented players will be let-go.

I think Ayers, Doom, Hunter, Wolfe, Warren are locks, the other spots will be a battle...

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

I think Ayers, Doom, Hunter, Wolfe, Warren are locks, the other spots will be a battle...
    Not to mention the RB and WR positions. The Broncos are going to make a few teams very happy during cut days.

Defense wins championships

Manning won a preseason game......I'm just shocked. Colts would never win preseason games, they actually had more losses in the preseason than they did during the reg season in a 7 year span. The bronco back-ups looked great. the d-line was great. Os showed potential. Stokes was a little disappointing, Hill impressed though. Ball probably shouldnt be #2. Would like to see more Moreno in the upcoming weeks. Very impressed tonight by their execution amd effort. Go Broncos!

I'm already dreading cut down day.

There are going to be tough cuts at nearly every position:

RB-
    Moreno, Ball, Omon, and Johnson likely fighting for two spots

WR-
    Thomas, Decker, and Caldwell are locks...it is going to be a battle between Stokley, Willis, Hill, and Dell for the last few spots. Plus we have some interesting prospects with practice squad eligibility.

TE-
    Ingram looked great tonight. If he is healthy he can take the 3rd spot at TE, if that happens it will leave us with a very tough decision as to who we keep in the 4th spot (once Green comes off suspension). Thomas wouldn't likely clear waivers and Green has game experience and potential.

D-line-
    Siliga, Beal, Unrein, Hunter, Ayers, Jackson, and Vickerson all looked like they can play tonight.

I'm too tired to keep going
    But there will be tight battles at linebacker, cornerback, and safety as well. Having depth is a great problem to have, but I know some of my favorite underdogs could get cut despite solid performances.

So far the only easy cuts will be offensive line. Everything else is going to break a coach's heart this year.

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

I was thinking this same thing throughout the game....."he can't go"..."wait, where's he gonna fit"....."no, he's gonna go somewhere else and just kill it!!!"
    Where is this season going?

Ya... we are going to need all 4 preseason games to evaluate these cats this year. Best thing to do is keep the most consistent players through 4 games... that's all you can really ask for. Will be tough cuts, regarldess.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

If Xavier Omon has the same types of showings the next few games as he did tonight (not stats wise...just tenacity and consistency)...I don't know how you can cut him. And I think Moreno stays just because he's a really versatile back.

If we keep 4 TE's, we'll probably only keep 4 WR's for roster purposes. Especially if we keep 4 RB's. I think if Jason Hill continues to show off his immense talent (he is a great talent...he, like Brandon Lloyd at one point has just underperformed his whole career). A WR corps of Thomas, Decker, Caldwell and Hill would be top 5 fastest in the league.

Ingram will only make the team if we decide to part ways with Julius Thomas, which isn't out of the question.

DL is going to be tough to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post

RB-

WR-
    Thomas, Decker, and Caldwell are locks...it is going to be a battle between Stokley, Willis, Hill, and Dell for the last few spots. Plus we have some interesting prospects with practice squad eligibility.

TE-
    Ingram looked great tonight. If he is healthy he can take the 3rd spot at TE, if that happens it will leave us with a very tough decision as to who we keep in the 4th spot (once Green comes off suspension). Thomas wouldn't likely clear waivers and Green has game experience and potential.

D-line-
    Siliga, Beal, Unrein, Hunter, Ayers, Jackson, and Vickerson all looked like they can play tonight.

But there will be tight battles at linebacker, cornerback, and safety as well. Having depth is a great problem to have, but I know some of my favorite underdogs could get cut despite solid performances.
    Yep, yep.....

I'm gonna dread cut-day, not a bad thing but we got some very talented players that will be let go.....

Mainly at DL, seems forever we've had some good players there. JDR is coaching those guys up very well.... The coaches have their work cut out though...
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 08-09-2012 at 09:51 PM.

It was exciting to see how much depth we have all around. Even though these are going to be some tough calls on who keep and who to cut, we know one thing is for sure. Whoever we do keep, we know they will be a good player and be able to help us win some ball games.

Has our Dline(for so long viewed as a weakness) become a strength?

Too early to tell, but so far the results have been encouraging
    Jason Hill and Xavier Omon helped their cause out today

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    Has our Dline(for so long viewed as a weakness) become a strength?

Too early to tell, but so far the results have been encouraging
    Jason Hill and Xavier Omon helped their cause out today
    Omon impressed everyone tonight. He looked like a very solid RB in our system. Unfortunately for him, he has a lot of talent to compete with if he wants to earn a spot on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post

RB-

WR-

TE-

D-line-

I think Gerell Robinson should be included in your WR battle. I think he might squeak on the team. Heard from reliable source that he's impressing, take it how you will.
    DENVER STAND UP!!!

As far as running backs go only Willis and Hillman are guaranteed a spot. I think Moreno is just going to be a hard cut, he still has potential, has actually shown several flashes at the NFL level, and is a fairly versatile back. Lance Ball is a solid player but he doesn't really have a niche on this team, he isn't necessarily a bruising short yardage guy, nor is he a change of pace back, and while he isn't a bad pass catcher/blocker I don't think he really stacks up well to Moreno in that category. Omon is going to make himself a tough cut, unlike Ball I think he fills in the role of a bruising short yardage back pretty well, and if his game yesterday was any indicator of his ability then he could be a pretty effective guy for us. I like Johnson, but I think the addition of Hillman is going to make it really hard for him to make the team. And to be real I'm not even sure if we keep more than 3 running backs, Fox might want to keep another tight end or wide receiver for Manning, or even have another spot for a linebacker or defensive linemen. Needless to say, the cuts at running back are going to be really tough.

Tight End is also going to be a pretty tough position to figure out who we're going to keep. The only guaranteed spots I think go to Tamme and Dressen who have both shown that they can get it done in the NFL. Past that you have Green who has that suspension issue, is having problem catching the ball, but is probably best blocker of the group which could really come useful if we want to have some max protect formation for Manning, and he also could just make the roster as an H-Back. Thomas is an enigma really, we've heard some great things about him from camp last year and even this year but he isn't really showing anything in games and apparently is still having problems with blocking and injuries. Ingram is kind of a surprise guy here, but his upside is really high and he's making plays out there, but he's dealing with a lot injury problems as well. I think probably 4 TEs is the max we carry, and since they did experiment with Clark at TE they might only want to keep 3 to put another RB/LB/DL/WR on the roster.

It's really going to come down to the next 3 preseason games for these battles to really clear up and give us a better answer as to who's going to make the team. It's going to suck but it's a problem I wouldn't mind having.
    2011-2012 Adopted Broncos: Orlando Franklin

My only concern with Omon is his age. He's 27 years old! The tread on his tires is pretty much intact though, and we won't ask him to take 20-something snaps per game, if he's lucky he'll get 3-10 each week. If the other games are just like this one, Ball has to go.