Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,813

    If you try a 111 yard field goal, and miss it, is it a safety?

    I tried asking this on BF, but I could not understand a thing they were sayin'

    (Of course we are talking about NFL rules in this field goal attempt)

    If you were to attempt an 111-yard field goal (1 yard deep in your own endzone), and miss it, would it be a safety for the other team?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,804
    That completely depends on if the team on defense at the time of the field goal attempt returns the miss... If they do, they take over at the spot the returner goes down... If they do not return the miss, then I do believe it is a safety... I don't foresee this ever happening, but it's a great question
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    That completely depends on if the team on defense at the time of the field goal attempt returns the miss... If they do, they take over at the spot the returner goes down... If they do not return the miss, then I do believe it is a safety... I don't foresee this ever happening, but it's a great question
    Ok, sweet! Thanks!

  4. #4
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,122
    Would they be trying the kick from the 6 yard line? (Kicker goes back 7 yards for the placement I believe) for it to be from a yard deep. If so then the other team would get it on the 6. If they're already in the endzone isn't it already a safety?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Would they be trying the kick from the 6 yard line? (Kicker goes back 7 yards for the placement I believe) for it to be from a yard deep. If so then the other team would get it on the 6. If they're already in the endzone isn't it already a safety?
    After a missed field goal the defending team gets the ball at the spot of the kick itself, not the line of scrimmage.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  6. #6
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,122
    hmm that would be interesting.

    I'd like to see the replacement refs call that

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    189
    Only three kickers would I like to see this attempt made by....1st Our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater........2nd Dreaded Oakland Traitors Janokawski......3rd Jason Elam...............

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,645
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMAN8R View Post
    Only three kickers would I like to see this attempt made by....1st Our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater........2nd Dreaded Oakland Traitors Janokawski......3rd Jason Elam...............
    really?? I just want to see SeaBass try it....Against us....With the game on the line......Cause it is an impossible kick

    But to the OP.....I do not know....But it would have to be a safety if I had to guess. Honestly this might just be one of those questions that there just isnt an answer on the books for cause they never addressed it....BUt great question
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    1,104
    Funny you guys bring up the subject when I received this game alert from ESPN...

    ESPN NFL - ARI FG 12:39 2ND - ARI 10 OAK 8 - Jay Feely 108 Yard Field Goal is Good

    ^ Get thay guy a new contract

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    really?? I just want to see SeaBass try it....Against us....With the game on the line......Cause it is an impossible kick

    But to the OP.....I do not know....But it would have to be a safety if I had to guess. Honestly this might just be one of those questions that there just isnt an answer on the books for cause they never addressed it....BUt great question
    So you would be willing to let Seabass Attempt this for reals? Are you outta your mind! You must be because if there is a Kicker who could do it well Seabass is one I like to think our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater could as well! To be honest I would not want to see Seabass attempt this only knowing well he would own the NFL History Mark on us just like he tied it last year!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Halesowen, England
    Posts
    492
    I'm completely guessing, but I would say that the ball would be placed at the 1 (much like a defensive pass interference in the endzone gets placed at the 1)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    5,091
    Someone go try it on Madden?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMAN8R View Post
    So you would be willing to let Seabass Attempt this for reals? Are you outta your mind! You must be because if there is a Kicker who could do it well Seabass is one I like to think our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater could as well! To be honest I would not want to see Seabass attempt this only knowing well he would own the NFL History Mark on us just like he tied it last year!
    Is this a joke?

    Hardly any kickers in the NFL have enough leg to make 60 yarders, and you think Seabass could make a 111 yard field goal?

    He can't. No one can. Smh.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,006
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    really?? I just want to see SeaBass try it....Against us....With the game on the line......Cause it is an impossible kick

    But to the OP.....I do not know....But it would have to be a safety if I had to guess. Honestly this might just be one of those questions that there just isnt an answer on the books for cause they never addressed it....BUt great question
    Lmao best part of any Japaff post in history

    I literally just busted out laughing!
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 08-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    189
    So you Do Not think even for one min of your life if there was no pressure that Seabass could not drill this or Matt Prater? I think one of two could If they can kick it from 70 yards what is another 30?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •